Ophiuchus

Maries

Hi all,

(Hope I have the right forum and someone knows about this.)

Watched this documentary about Nostradamus. It said that Nos referred to or "discovered", or something, this constellation called Ophiuchus in the space between Sagitarious and Scorpio. This 13th constellation is suppose to "indicate the end of time" and will cause the end when it aligns with the sun!

Anyone know about this and what it all means? Maybe you can explain it more cleary than the documentary because I just did not get it. Does anyone know if anyone else has said or written about this besides Nostradamus?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
It said that Nos referred to or "discovered", or something, this constellation called Ophiuchus in the space between Sagitarious and Scorpio.

Ophiuchus (Serpentarius) was by no means discovered by Nostradamus. Star-lore and such concerning it stretches back at least to Ptolemy's texts.

This 13th constellation is suppose to "indicate the end of time" and will cause the end when it aligns with the sun!

I think you may have misunderstood. Are we talking about the documentary "The Lost Book of Nostradamus" and the Eight-Spoked Wheel represented by the Celestial and Terrestial crosses? Technically this postion occurs at the archer's point in Sagittarius. This point may or may not actually be in the constellation of Sagittarius, I'm not sure, but since it is adjacent to Serpentarius, I suppose it is possible for this point to have been carried over into his stars.

And, technically, Sol aligns with the stars of Serpentarius every year.

rubyelixir

hmmm not sure about that one, but apparently Ophiuchus is a bone of contention in astrological circles as it puts into question the whole basis of modern astrology on the Tropical Zodiac .
It seems that Ophiuchus IS a legitimate constellation AND a legitmate sun sign but is ignored because we use traditional methods to derive a chart w/o it and it is not in the Tropical.

Interesting question & here's a link I found:

http://www.geocities.com/astrologyconstellations/ophiuchus.htm

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
It seems that Ophiuchus IS a legitimate constellation AND a legitmate sun sign but is ignored because we use traditional methods to derive a chart w/o it and it is not in the Tropical.

There are several legitimate constellations, 88 of them I believe. I'm not sure how Ophiuchus becomes anymore 'legitimate' a sun-sign than any other that falls along the ecliptic or that any other planet enters (Orion, for example)

We ignore it because it is not a part of the Zodiac, and was never considered a Sign when the Zodiac was being developed.