On the Importance of "Opposing Degree Symbols", Part 2

sdh3

On page 137 of his book entitled "The Sabian Symbols in Astrology", Marc E. Jones had the following to say about the importance of opposing degree symbols:

There are unlimited ways in which these Sabian symbols can be interpreted, and the practiced student or professional astrologer need not confine himself to any one mode of approach. However, of all the many choices for a basic delineation, the one which here should be the greatest value...is a first consideration of opposites or of the axes of balance as the heavenly wheels are taken at one place or another for their measure of man.

The degrees which lie face to face across the circle will be found to complement each other in a fashion that is mutually illuminating, and this fact has been of great assistance in working out detailed symbolism.

Thus there are abstract ideas which of themselves might have little meaning, as in the case of Aries 7 and the man expressing himself successfully in two realms at once. Libra 7 is represented by a woman feeding chickens and protecting them from hawks. In both instances there is on obvious division of labor, and so this can be taken as subjective on one side and objective on the other. In nearly every instance the interpretations are keyed through this sort of diametrical relationship.

I have recently begun my own modest effort at analyzing the Sabian Symbols in the manner described above. The paired interpretations that I am producing can be found on scribd.com in a collection entitled "The Sabian Symbols by Opposing Degrees: A Word History Analysis." I have only completed four of the 180 pairs so far. My plan is to add one or more interpretation of opposing degrees each day and to have them all completed no later than the first day of summer. Any and all feedback on those interpretations is welcomed.

thoughtfully
sdh3

piercethevale

On page 137 of his book entitled "The Sabian Symbols in Astrology", Marc E. Jones had the following to say about the importance of opposing degree symbols:

There are unlimited ways in which these Sabian symbols can be interpreted, and the practiced student or professional astrologer need not confine himself to any one mode of approach. However, of all the many choices for a basic delineation, the one which here should be the greatest value...is a first consideration of opposites or of the axes of balance as the heavenly wheels are taken at one place or another for their measure of man.

The degrees which lie face to face across the circle will be found to complement each other in a fashion that is mutually illuminating, and this fact has been of great assistance in working out detailed symbolism.

Thus there are abstract ideas which of themselves might have little meaning, as in the case of Aries 7 and the man expressing himself successfully in two realms at once. Libra 7 is represented by a woman feeding chickens and protecting them from hawks. In both instances there is on obvious division of labor, and so this can be taken as subjective on one side and objective on the other. In nearly every instance the interpretations are keyed through this sort of diametrical relationship.

I have recently begun my own modest effort at analyzing the Sabian Symbols in the manner described above. The paired interpretations that I am producing can be found on scribd.com in a collection entitled "The Sabian Symbols by Opposing Degrees: A Word History Analysis." I have only completed four of the 180 pairs so far. My plan is to add one or more interpretation of opposing degrees each day and to have them all completed no later than the first day of summer. Any and all feedback on those interpretations is welcomed.

thoughtfully
sdh3

Libra 7* and Aries 7* are Suryakants I.C. and M.C.
I met Suryakant in Sept 2003. I had just got out of jail having done 120 days of a 180 sentence.
I've talked about this in a number of threads here at the forum.
I had been attacked and my life was in danger that April. I had to leave town fast and I got a little too aggressive trying to collect some money owed me and I got out of town alright. I went to Sac. Co Jail and out to a facility called RCCC. ["RCCC ain't nothing but a party ya'all. Twenty four seven." {If you hear any noise, it's just me and the boys kicking some ..... you got to kick some a>>>] it ain't nothing but a party , ya' all...
I had been victimized by a certain kind of group of spiritual adherents and while in Jail I met a Sikh that knew of a mantra I could use for protection in the future called the Hanuman Chalisa. It's a long mantra and he didn't know it but knew of it. [OM Namate Hanuman OM]
I had employed some various mantras that April and was profoundly awed by the power they have in just the right circumstances. You do know that I mastered Japa Yoga at age 15 don't you? I've talked about that.
Well Hanuman was the monkey tha aided Rama in his battle with Ravana to get back His wife, Sita, whom Ravana had kidnapped and took with Him to the island that is now known as Sri Lanka along with Ravana's Army.
Rama not having a way to invade the island without his entire army all at once Hanuman gathered up an army of monkeys and built a land bridge across the sea to the island. [recent satellite photos revealed a submerged ancient land bridge from mainland India to the island.]. Rama won. Hanuman kick some >>>.! OM Namate Hanuman OM!
So upon meeting Suryakant in 2003 I asked if he knew of this Mantra and he he not only knew of it he had a copy as recited by his Guru, Shri Dhyanyogi Madhusudandas. When he found out that I was an astrologer he also handed me a copy of his birth chart and interpretation as done by a master Rudhyarian astrologer back in the late 70s.
This was the first time I ever saw Rudhyar's principles of polarity interfacing on the chart axis as he said there was and demonstrated it.
Dude, have you even read Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols? It 's basically just about everything the chapter called the 'Cross and the Star" is about. [hmmmm, The Cross and the Star....I never thought about it that way before ...because ...wow!...He nevermentions the star...He knew the Star of Bethlehem had to be on the Axis...The Cross ....WOW!
So Suryakant, had the goods to ward off the [and continuing] HAWKS [My Pluto is the 21st of Leo you know.
Suryakant had been Sir Galahad in Britain about 1200 years ago and for achieving the Grail He was allowed to ascend into Heaven without dying and thus became the man with the foot in two realms.
Are ya feeling it...?
I mastered Japa at 15...made Samyama with the Holy word OM...I do Sun Pujas ...Surya pujas ....Parsival, Knight of the Word, Knight of the Sun, Knight of the Sword, an He Whom reads the Starry Script.
piercthevale

Attachments

• Suryakant Birth Chart.jpg
    Suryakant Birth Chart.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

piercethevale

Wow...what a profound revelation ...know aI know why Rudhyar wrote that....it's just as he said it's my chart of Jesus...and the Star was in the 1st of Lirbra ....the Asc.
Awesome!

Rudhyar was in effect saying it's going to be on one of the four points...pick one.
and the four points he gives are Aries 1*, Libra 1*, Cancer !* and Capricorn 1*

Last edited:

piercethevale

sdh3, This new revelation is so awesome and Igot so much to do ...I don't have time to persist with this nonsense any more...I know a bunch of gurus and Swamis in India...that's not far from Qatar. I sure they would love to explain it to you.
Respectfully, Devananda, aka ptv

..stop it man, you're really killing yourself.

you're starting to look like a hit man...sent on an errand.

Last edited: