omg @ astro.com!!! how rude

Hi, I've been looking at this forum even before I registered, and someone in some thread recommended the astro.com for vocational horoscope..

Anyway, I went on the website to check it out, and when I got to the page where I enter my birth details- the country I'm from, Macedonia, was written as Makedonia. So I thought I'd report the mistake... I really didn't think more of it. I mean I've seen my country as Macedonia, FYR Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, FYROM, or Yugoslavia, or missing completely, but never seen it as Makedonia, and thought it was a curious thing! I thought, oh no, not another new name (look up Macedonia naming dispute on wikipedia if you're not sure what I'm talking about)

So I went to the part of the page for reporting problems like typos and irregularities and I sent an email. So I'll paste the correspondence here:
Me: In the country drop down menu Macedonia is spelled as Makedonia, I believe this is a mistake and the country's name is Macedonia.

Webmaster Astrodienst: except that locally, they pronounce it as k.

Me: I am from Macedonia (obviously, that is how I noticed), I wouldn't send a report if I didn't think it was a mistake. I am surprised then, why Germany isn't listed as Deutschland, or Greece as Elada, Spain as España, Albania as Shqiperia, Croatia as Hrvatska etc.

Webmaster Astrodienst: I wonder what your real problem is.

:andy: O.M.G... I cannot believe this! I have never received such, rude and obscure responses from a website admin before! I mean it's so uncanny. I almost want to reply back - What is YOUR problem.

Does anyone on here know who runs astro.com? Where is the website based etc? It's just weird!

BONZO

Well I"ve just tried to get on the site and can"t get on it, from my end or theirs I don"t know which. Maybe someone is having a bad problematic day at astro.com Or perhaps your virgoness clashes with their sagittarianness or gemininess

Last edited:

julia

Hi, I've been looking at this forum even before I registered, and someone in some thread recommended the astro.com for vocational horoscope..

Anyway, I went on the website to check it out, and when I got to the page where I enter my birth details- the country I'm from, Macedonia, was written as Makedonia. So I thought I'd report the mistake... I really didn't think more of it. I mean I've seen my country as Macedonia, FYR Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, FYROM, or Yugoslavia, or missing completely, but never seen it as Makedonia, and thought it was a curious thing! I thought, oh no, not another new name (look up Macedonia naming dispute on wikipedia if you're not sure what I'm talking about)

So I went to the part of the page for reporting problems like typos and irregularities and I sent an email. So I'll paste the correspondence here:

:andy: O.M.G... I cannot believe this! I have never received such, rude and obscure responses from a website admin before! I mean it's so uncanny. I almost want to reply back - What is YOUR problem.

Does anyone on here know who runs astro.com? Where is the website based etc? It's just weird!

I wonder why you mentioned this at the forum. I think that astrologyweekly forum does not have to do with astro.com....

Mark

He was only looking to vent. Whether he comes back or doesn't makes no difference and is completely up to him. Although, if he does come back, I hope he bumps into some more hospitable people next time!

I am indeed back and pleased to see that some of the posts on here are removed.

I wonder why you mentioned this at the forum. I think that astrologyweekly forum does not have to do with astro.com....

This is where I found out about the site, so I sort of thought I'd better tell people on here how rude these people are and get it out in the open somehow. Or vent, as Mark said.

piercethevale

I ran into the same degree of rudeness, just recently, in a response from astrodienst to my query and a suggestion I presented them with.
I merely asked them why they didn't at least provide an option for including septiles in the chart calculation service they provide. I was basically belittled for requesting something they perceive as very trivial or even invalid. Then I was accused of "preaching" to them, apparently because as, along with my request, I had provided verifiable historical evidence of septiles in the charts of well known public figures and what applicable facts of known history of those people gave proof, or at least supportive evidence, to the affect of the septile as it has been ascribed to be according to some well known and respected astrologers or astrological sources. Most of the examples I presented had been observed, deduced and written about by the very same sources I cited.
If it wasn't for the unequaled accuracy of astrodiensts' ephemeris and the chart service that goes with it I wouldn't have anything to do with their web site. [...and because I've gotten so familiar with and accustomed to their chart graphics and format...that comes with my being a Taurus.]

Last edited:

Veronica

yeah.... the dude is a total douche bag... unfortunately. Had a similar experience with the owner last fall... regarding.. my nickname.. after being registered with it for more than 3 weeks the website owner Alois Treindl decides to change it because according to him my nick name is attention "seeking" which was pretty much the same one I had here.. with underscores. The pm's sent back & forth became a totally obnoxious exchange of comebacks and totally arrogant attitudes coming from him, its a shame & and a waste of time to deal with people who are always on some sort of power trip, and feel the need to belittle others over insignificant things. There are more tactful, classy ways to disagree on something.

Last edited:

piercethevale

yeah.... the dude is a total douche bag... unfortunately. Had a similar experience with the owner last fall... regarding.. my nickname.. after being registered with it for more than 3 weeks the website owner Alois Treindl decides to change it because according to him my nick name is attention "seeking" which was pretty much the same one I had here.. with underscores. The pm's sent back & forth became a totally obnoxious exchange of comebacks and totally arrogant attitudes coming from him, its a shame & and a waste of time to deal with people who are always on some sort of power trip, and feel the need to belittle others over insignificant things. They are more tactful, classy ways to disagree on something.

Really? over a internet moniker?
Now you given me an idea that I may just play with someday when I'm feeling mischievous and or bored.
Think I'll register as "Master of the Time/Space Continuum" or something equally annoying, absurd and obnoxious.:devil:

Gosh, well glad I posted here, since I definitely wasn't the only one! At first I thought the admin had a problem recognising the name of a country like some people seem to do, but now I actually see that this admin cannot admit a mistake, a typo for Christ's sake, or accept any form of criticism and be open to correction!

I am not disputing the astrological merit- I never got to chance to even read my chart! But I am very reluctant to trust people who are so insecure that they are almost hostile and paranoid :ninja: in refuting comments from users who are actually trying to be helpful!

Veronica

Well I"ve just tried to get on the site and can"t get on it, from my end or theirs I don"t know which. Maybe someone is having a bad problematic day at astro.com Or perhaps your virgoness clashes with their sagittarianness or gemininess

The owner of the site is actually... Pisces... don't know about the rest of the staff... :annoyed: I don't get the sucking up too much to Liz Greene I personally think her books are boring. Ugh..

Last edited:

SagiCap

sounds like typical astro.com admin behavior!

Tikana's right. Last Friday I got:

Juri Viktor Stork ✆ to me
show details 3:50 AM (10 hours ago)
Please stop to harass our production team! You have already received several answers in the Astrodienst Forum.

I had to laugh because this was after a week of waiting for an answer, then posting on the Help/Forum msg. board. Some members replied but they had no idea how to fix my privacy issue.

Ummm, should I not be writing in if my privacy is compromised?

I don't mind joining forces with OP and any others to complain about rude behavior and lack of assistance. I mean, any job you have, you're expected to do the job (and with a SMILE ON YOUR FACE esp. if you're in Customer Service.)

Last edited:

waybread

I participate at Astrodienst. It is not run by Liz Greene, although they carry a lot of her articles and computer-generated reports. It is run by a team in Switzerland. One of them (unnamed) is more into put-downs than others--possibly that's who you got. They don't like to be criticized or told they could do things better. It is a little different approach than those of us from customer service-oriented cultures are used to. As best as I can determine, they come from a culture of deference to authority--and they are the authority.

As best as I can figure it out, they realize that they are providing phenomenal services to people (check out all of their free charts, for example) which has taken a lot of effort on their part. So they get a little touchy about what they view as minor complaints. (I am not saying the complaints are minor, just that the moderators have their perspective.)

There are some astrology software packages that will compute septiles, piercethevaile. I haven't bought any, so I just use the Astrodienst "free charts" feature for the 7th harmonic: any conjunctions that are not also conjunctions in the natal chart are septiles. Then you can go back to the radix chart and input any aspect lines by hand.

Also, if people do not want their PMs accessible to the mods, this isn't the site for them. I don't think the mods read people's PMs very often, however. Sometimes you will get cyber-stalking via PM or people who gang up via PMs on another member whom they set out to ostracize, so this feature has its uses.

All in all, I think Astrodienst is a fantastic resource and I greatly appreciate the people who put it together.