Number 4-graveyard number,numerology

Milos

Hello I have a question,it's numerology.I heard bad things about number 4 in Numerology,China people say it's bad number like:10.10.2009.Generally is it bad number? Thanks

SagSun05

The number 4 is also an unfortunate number in Japan (not sure about China). This is because the kanji for 4 (四) has a reading (kanji have numerous readings that are used based on the word you use) that is prounced シ (shi). Shi is also used in the kanji for death 死. That's why most Japanese use the alternative reading to 4, which is よん (yon).

Perhaps its the same for the Chinese since a lot of the readings in kanji (this includes shi) derive from Chinese. Anyway, hope that helps. :)

SagSun05

Pretty much, yes.

One interesting thing to note. When I was a kid, before I was exposed to Japanese culture or language, I never liked the number 4 for whatever reason. I never really understood why growing up, but I just did.

HeyPlayGirl

maybe you should go for a number 5 plot, in china that's considered a lucky number. my ex inlaws were chinese from vietnam and they were always trying to get things done on the 5th or with 5's in them so maybe that'd be better than 4, or 3.
i personally like the number 9 but what do i know:biggrin: