Nodal Return + Eclipses

kris10

I am about to go through my nodal return and the eclipses this year will also be in those same houses. SN 1st house SAG and NN in 7th house GEM.

Has anyone experenced eclipses with a nodal return? If so, can you share your experience? What should I look out for?

Osamenor

Staff member
Everyone experiences eclipses with a nodal return. The nodes are the eclipse points. Lunar eclipses can only happen when the sun is conjunct one node and the moon is conjunct the other. Solar eclipses can only happen when the moon and the sun are both conjunct either the north node or the south node.

So, when you have a nodal return, that year's eclipses are always going to happen near your natal nodes.

This highlights the themes of your nodes. It also highlights any planets you have conjunct a node or square your nodal axis.

You'll probably see some theme related to the sign and house of at least one node. If this is a node return, I would expect something (or someone) reflecting Gemini and the theme of partnership to to show up in your life around this time. But you might only see it in hindsight.

If you've already had at least one node return, you have something to compare with. How did that theme show up the last time(s)? (If you're 18, this will be your first. If you're older than that, look back to when you were 18 years and 6-7 months old. That was your first nodal return.)