no aspects to sun

plutocean

I was trying to find some information on what it might mean - if someone has zero aspects to the sun.

Does it point to a selfish person or something different? Also this person has a large amount of neptune aspects.Only sun is not aspected at all.never saw a chart like this one before and not sure what to think.Thank you for any info.

SharpShin

I was trying to find some information on what it might mean - if someone has zero aspects to the sun.

Does it point to a selfish person or something different? Also this person has a large amount of neptune aspects.Only sun is not aspected at all.never saw a chart like this one before and not sure what to think.Thank you for any info.

I'm new to the board, but I might be able to help with this.........

Charts from my family have a lot of unaspected planets. The only aspect that I have to my Sun is a very wide sextile to Mars. Some astrology software doesn't even take this aspect into account. Also, all of the men that I've been involved with have had an unaspected planet.

This got me searching for help in interpretation and I found The Yod Book by Karen Hamaker-Zondag. It's not a cookbook, but a book that must be read completely to understand the implications of an unaspected planet.

In a nutshell, the unaspected planet becomes a focal point of the chart. It stands alone and is cut off from the rest of the planets. There's no communication. Therefore, it demands to be heard -- loudly! The person who has an unaspected planet will function quite well when not under pressure, but once a crisis hits, the planet will seem to "run away" or disappear and the benefits and energies of the planet will seem to be missing from the person's life. Yods work in much the same way, but with a slightly different emphasis.

Over the course of a lifetime, secondary progressions will bring the planet into line with other planets and some of the isolation of the natal planet will be eased, making it easier for the person to access the energies of the lone planet.

I would suggest doing a thorough internet search. There is information out there, although it is far flung and fragmented. That's how I found Hamaker-Zondag's book.

In my personal experience, two things:

Neptune can REALLY mess up a chart! It's a tricky planet to interpret.

and, my basically unaspected Sun has made me self absorbed. Since it's in the twelfth house natally, I am much more comfortable being alone and find that I really, really need my alone time. Also, Vesta is in my twelfth house as well but in a wide conjunction to my Sun. All of these factors tend to make me as I am. I'm also an artist, so a large amount of self absorption is necessary to create work.

Sorry this is so long, but I hope that it helps!

Olivia

It's no big deal. Hopefully it's a day chart and the Sun is in Leo, Aries, or Sag, and day or night, in a good house - those being the angular houses, 11, 9, 5, or even 3rd, though the houses above the earth are somewhat better, since the Sun is a diurnal planet.

Even if it's not, it's probably fine. I've heard a lot of theories about unaspected planets, in practise I haven't seen much to back it up.

I'd much rather have Sun in Leo in 10 or 11 unaspected than in Aquarius (detriment) or Libra (fall) in 6, 8, or 12, with a few squares or oppositions to it.

plutocean

Thank you very much! anyone else has something to say about it please do...

I did not want to write at the beginning to not influence anyones perception but the person who has this chart I only recently learned is an ex criminal who changed his identity who hurt a lot of people in crimes I cannot even repeat here...I checked his background and that is how I learned.Then I got all confused -like--how could this be....he seemed like such a nice person! so I did the chart is what i found...

Lin

Yes...a chart would be helpful....
But I don't think an unaspected Sun can be blamed for felonies.
Let's see the chart and figure it out.
LIN

tikana

hi

i have unaspected Venus in virgo
i can tell you this much from what i have noticed,
it is completely opposte of what the books mention in the meanings.

"You're attracted to people who are clean, and don't have a lot of nasty habits. Getting into a car with a floorboard full of trash can spoil your mood, even as the date is just beginning. "

lol what a load of crock!

"The first thing that comes to mind is writing, and this can take many forms. You could be drawn to the literary world, but just as easily use this gift as a public servant (of which there are many Venus in Virgos). "

I CANNOT even write a sentence without chocking!

so dunno what to tell you

plutocean

Thank you...well I am not sure about posting his b-day. I understand that it would make a huge difference but I do not feel comfortable doing that - he may come across it he gioogles himself all the time -might google his b-day and have kicks just from the fact that someone was hurt sooo bad that this person started topic about him.I guess I already know about this person enough who he is without astrology - astrology is just something am studying to try possibly avoid hurtful people in the future-among other things.

I noticed certain similarities in charts of nasty people - these are either (possibly) no aspects or one planet of theirs with too many aspects -in this case the neptune is really 'dancing' in his chart.He is pathological liar and even proud of that.I notice a certain imbalance in charts of nasty people.To me is a red flag.

Thank you very much for your input with the little info I put out here!! :smile:

tikana

There is a book on unaspected planets

you do not have to post anyone's data without a permission.. there are bunch of famous people who have unaspected planets

T

R4VEN

I have done quite a lot of research into unaspected planets, and I can fully endorse what SharpShin says re unaspected Sun. Depending on what house the sun occupies, it can be quite bewildering for others to be dealing with a person with unaspected Sun. The key things about it are:

1. self-absorption - like a revved-up Leo Sun
  2. a total inability to perceive how others react to them, or even their responsibility for the outcomes which they create in their environment
An unaspected Sun takes quite a few years to modify - if indeed a person is interested in modifying it at all, because many are not. The person has a need to become sensitive to the needs of others.

Like SharpShin, I recommend the Hamaker-Zondag book on Yods and Unaspected planets. Most information on the `net in regard to unaspected planets is pretty ordinary, and does not look at the wider picture.

plutocean

yes! it does indeed seem very right on!

the person I am looking into (the chart I mean) is a narcissist psychopath - needs to be seen to be believed ...is so horrible- the unusual amount of neptune aspects plays a role too i think might even play a bigger role cause i can't even begin to describe how awful he is -has to be more than unsuspected sun...but his sun is all alone out there and it is something that i immediately noticed in his chart...
I think that a sun like this might point to self absorption for sure - how huge depends on other 'things' in whole chart

Another angle... it is also weird that...Hitler for example who was great at speech has only one or none (depending on which exact time of day he was born) mercury aspects...i mean - does unsaspected planet point to some sort of deceit? could it be that?is so alone out there so 'out of touch with universe' that is not perceived on the outside for what/who it really is until is too late?

I also examined some charts of criminals really nasty people who had available b-day and time - they all had undeveloped charts - shich is my own term for too little aspects or too many aspects in one place -like zero everywhere and then suddenly mars heavily aspected or something like that

I noticed people who one does need to be afraid of have more balanced charts

unspected planets
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://www.innerself.com/Astrology/unaspected.htm
http://classiclegendbooks.com/martinschulman-astrology-articles-17-unaspected-planets-1.html
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-unaspectedplanets.htm
http://www.donmc.com/Unaspected.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/unaspected/unaspected.htm
http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/dde3467b-df04-4a45-94c8-7aeb8e91e741

we are all visual people and need to see charts please... :rightful:

tikana

yes! it does indeed seem very right on!

the person I am looking into (the chart I mean) is a narcissist psychopath - needs to be seen to be believed ...is so horrible- the unusual amount of neptune aspects plays a role too i think might even play a bigger role cause i can't even begin to describe how awful he is -has to be more than unsuspected sun...but his sun is all alone out there and it is something that i immediately noticed in his chart...
I think that a sun like this might point to self absorption for sure - how huge depends on other 'things' in whole chart

Another angle... it is also weird that...Hitler for example who was great at speech has only one or none (depending on which exact time of day he was born) mercury aspects...i mean - does unsaspected planet point to some sort of deceit? could it be that?is so alone out there so 'out of touch with universe' that is not perceived on the outside for what/who it really is until is too late?

I also examined some charts of criminals really nasty people who had available b-day and time - they all had undeveloped charts - shich is my own term for too little aspects or too many aspects in one place -like zero everywhere and then suddenly mars heavily aspected or something like that

I noticed people who one does need to be afraid of have more balanced charts

Hitler is a special case. he has aspected Sun
Merc is aspected out of the sign but within the orb.. that doesnt count as unaspected
remember hiler saw germany and german people as his children at the end he was losing all sanity because of the roller coaster drugs that were given to him from irrotable stomach to cannot hold food + uncontrollable tremor.
It is not only psychological problem with him it is the medications.
He was imagining that there is an army somewhere near berlin heading to berlin to save him.

I'd say that a person with unaspected Sun has a great difficulty in expeirencing internal and external unity. He/she feels one thing but cannot put it together and bring it up to the surface.
So having said that, this makes me think that it is not narcisism it;s the drive to wrap everything around that unaspected sun intentionally or unintentionally. Also depending on sun's placement a person might show untiring drive for power. The good thing about unaspected sun is, once the person finds his other half (NOT only related to a lover) but a true friend there is solid loyalty to that person. Also the expressing the unaspect planet's energy comes in extermly erratic strong waves. 1 min they are one way .. another min it is the opposite. they are def not wimps. it is very strong sitaution to be in.

T

francislamanna

Yeah this is interesting for sure. I haven't found a chart yet where the sun is totally without an aspect but I have found two charts where the sun had only like one very weak aspect. And both of those charts were for readings associated with death or violence. Jfk assassination chart and the chart for the Romanian Revolution in 1989.

Osamenor

Staff member
I've read one chart with a completely unaspected Sun. It belonged to a person who'd made some very unique lifestyle choices. I would not call her self absorbed, but I have no idea if she considers herself so. As far as I know, her life hasn't been particularly touched by death or violence, at least no more than the average person who doesn't live in a ghetto or a war zone.

AprilSea

Hi all.
My mom has Sun unaspected Sun at 18 degrees in Cancer, 9th house. The only aspect it has is a square with Ascendant, at 26 Libra.
She is a tiny, blonde, blue eyed, eye-glass wearer, she appears frail and timid, but she is the master of disguise, she is a tyrant. At 5 years old her sisters used to call her "Fuhrer". All her sentences start with I, my opinion, and she does not accept the slightest suggestion or advice.
She is strong willed and ready to scold anyone for no matter what. She considers herself having the best ideas and being full of good intentions - but her intentions end in reproaching angrily and abusively things from the past, which she do not forget and likes to bring them in a discussion only to make one feel bad. She is 81 y.o. now, and mostly alone. Last time when she talked with her sisters were years 1900s.
When young, I couldn't bring friends over, she would make clear they should leave the soonest. Most of my friends wonder if she is my real mom. She is a very difficult person, narcissistic and toxic. But I am her only child and I have to bear with her till the end.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi all.
My mom has Sun unaspected Sun at 18 degrees in Cancer, 9th house. The only aspect it has is a square with Ascendant, at 26 Libra.
She is a tiny, blonde, blue eyed, eye-glass wearer, she appears frail and timid, but she is the master of disguise, she is a tyrant. At 5 years old her sisters used to call her "Fuhrer". All her sentences start with I, my opinion, and she does not accept the slightest suggestion or advice.
She is strong willed and ready to scold anyone for no matter what. She considers herself having the best ideas and being full of good intentions - but her intentions end in reproaching angrily and abusively things from the past, which she do not forget and likes to bring them in a discussion only to make one feel bad. She is 81 y.o. now, and mostly alone. Last time when she talked with her sisters were years 1900s.
When young, I couldn't bring friends over, she would make clear they should leave the soonest. Most of my friends wonder if she is my real mom. She is a very difficult person, narcissistic and toxic. But I am her only child and I have to bear with her till the end.

And what is the rest of her chart like?

An unaspected Sun alone does not a tyrant make.

FraterAC

I would ask, how does one define "unaspected?" No Ptolemaic aspects? Only aspects within a certain degree orb? Parallels of declination included/excluded? Aspects to angles included/excluded? Conjunction with Midpoints or Witte's so-called "sensitive points" included/excluded?
Early in my astrology studies I came across a chart with an "unaspected" Sun, based on the text I was using at the time. No Ptolemaic aspects (0,60,90,120,180), let alone any within 6 degrees. No aspects to angles were discussed in the text.
Years later, under another system, that Sun is found to be in aspect to 6 planets (although there were no parallels) and the MC, and is the most powerful planet in the chart, based on astrodynes.
One recent article I read in a popular well respected astrology magazine on this subject also excluded minor aspects, parallels, and angles. Including those possibilities resulted in most of the example charts' "unaspected" planets having some aspects after all. An unconvincing and very disappointing article.
So how "unaspected" is defined makes a difference. If there are qualities of the given planet manifesting, one might reconsider how one is defining the term "unaspected."

FraterAC

I would ask, how does one define "unaspected?" No Ptolemaic aspects? Only aspects within a certain degree orb? Parallels of declination included/excluded? Aspects to angles included/excluded? Conjunction with Midpoints or Witte's so-called "sensitive points" included/excluded?
Early in my astrology studies I came across a chart with an "unaspected" Sun, based on the text I was using at the time. No Ptolemaic aspects (0,60,90,120,180), let alone any within 6 degrees. No aspects to angles were discussed in the text.
Years later, under another system, that Sun is found to be in aspect to 6 planets (although there were no parallels) and the MC, and is the most powerful planet in the chart, based on astrodynes.
One recent article I read in a popular well respected astrology magazine on this subject also excluded minor aspects, parallels, and angles. Including those possibilities resulted in most of the example charts' "unaspected" planets having some aspects after all. An unconvincing and very disappointing article.
So how "unaspected" is defined makes a difference. If there are qualities of the given planet manifesting, one might reconsider how one is defining the term "unaspected."
In any event, we need to define the term so we know we're all talking about the same thing.