News Astrology and Mundane Events

Oddity

The "right to bear arms" is to be "well regulated" by each State. Says so, right in the Amendment. Did someone cross that out with a felt pen? :lol:
Well, speaking technically, the states ought to supply the arms and ammo, as well as other provisions. I think that bit fell by the wayside...it happens.
It was to fight the British, and hostile Indigenous tribes, which were a real threat at the time, not the U.S. military or the State's own militia.

"Regulated" in English has meant "following rules" since the 16th Century.

Personally, I feel a State's citizens would have more security WITHOUT a bunch of homicidal maniacs legally carrying concealed firearms.
Come to Canada. Trudeau is in the process of disarming citizens with legal guns, and lessening the penalties for having illegal guns.

An old saw, but true - when governments take your guns away they mean to do something to you that you'd shoot them for.

david starling

Well, speaking technically, the states ought to supply the arms and ammo, as well as other provisions. I think that bit fell by the wayside...it happens.

Come to Canada. Trudeau is in the process of disarming citizens with legal guns, and lessening the penalties for having illegal guns.

An old saw, but true - when governments take your guns away they mean to do something to you that you'd shoot them for.
What about knives? Will he confiscate those?

Oddity

When the 2nd Amendment was written, "arms" meant muzzle loading flint lock rifles and pistols. Ever tried to load and shoot one of those? :lol:
It also meant cannons and all the weapons on a privateer ship. The government used to rent the ships. Basically - any weapon. Joe was wrong about not being able to privately own a cannon. Then again, he's wrong about a lot of stuff.

david starling

"Hear ye, hear ye. The British are coming! Please bring your own gun to fight them off, if you have one in working condition. Otherwise, we'll try to supply you one from the armory."

david starling

Hmmm....are bazookas and surface-to-air rocket launchers allowed to be privately owned in Texas?

Wouldn't surprise me.

What about drones with hellfire missiles?

Don't mess with Texas!!!

david starling

No. The right to bear arms is a constitutional right. Probably also a right in many states, but even if it isn't in some, you have the right to own and bear arms in the US.

The well-regulated militia (e.g., well-provisioned) needs to be there in case the federal government goes overboard - so you can fight tyranny. The founding fathers were intimately familiar with government corruption and overreach. Things haven't changed much on that front.

Regulated then meant provisioned and capable, not rule-bound, the way we'd define it today. It doesn't have to be formal, it's people that can and will defend their city/state.

You should have a gun (I know, I know!), but...things are getting crazy out there.
So, the royal star Regulus has nothing to do with rulership in the Heavens?

Instead, it means well-provisioned?

blackbery

When the 2nd Amendment was written, "arms" meant muzzle loading flint lock rifles and pistols. Ever tried to load and shoot one of those? :lol:

Exactly. The Founding Fathers knew that technology would change over time. That's why they put the word 'ARMS" & not
'musket' or 'cannon'.
2A is a legal right that cannot be infringed upon.

Yes, totalitarian gov'ts love to take away the guns from the people coz then they have total control.

NEVER going to happen in the USA, in fact, gun sales are soaring.

Why don't the left worry abouft the ILLEGAL guns carried by gang bangers who cause 90% of the gun violence, all in blue
states where crime is out of control & black gang members kill around 200 every weekend, including innocent children who
get caught up in the gang warfare.

The Patriots who own legal guns are not the problem. We have more guns than people & if we wanted to cause trouble,
believe me, you would know about it. The vast majority of LEGAL gun owners know how important the 2A is to prevent a
tyrannical gov't from taking away all the people's rights.

SCOTUS is back on track in defining the Constitution exactly as it was written.

blackbery

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

blackbery

I find it sickening that the Dems now call SCOTUS 'illegal, extremist & needs to be abolished' because the recent decisions
have not gone THEIR way. When Roe was forced upon us (even though abortion is NOT a right under the Constitution),
the Dems were just fine with the supreme court...but now they want to destroy it.

This is EXACTLY why the Founding Fathers wanted, we, the people, to have arms to protect ourselves from this type of
tyranny.

btw, I've never used a gun, fired a gun in my life but I'm now going to learn how to use one & go to a shooting range to get
proper instructions. We live in dangerous times right now & having a legal gun with me will ease my mind. The current
gov't is a direct threat to my liberty as they call every Rep, every MAGA person a 'domestic terrorist, a white supremacits,
blah blah blah'. If we didn't have guns, they would already have rounded us up & put is in camps. The only reason they won't
do that is because we are armed to the teeth.

Locked & loaded. 😅😅😅

leomoon

BREAKING NEWS: JAN. 6TH SURPRISE TESTIMONY TODAY:

Cassidy Hutchinson, aide to Mark Meadows who was the proverbial, fly on the wall, to many of the important meetings surrounding January 5th & 6th, spills the beans.

1) Trump knew his Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and gangs on January 6th were armed to the teeth with knives, rifles, pistols, etc. because of the MAGS (Magtrometers (sic) ) they'd need to go thru to get into the Elipse and was angry about. He said, "they aren/t here to harm me" and wanted the crowd to get in, to have no empty spaces. He saw the piles of arms already collected by the Secret Service and Park Police.
2)Trump had really wanted to walk with them to the Capitol., had planned in advance on going with them. Even though he knew they were armed.
3) When the Secret Service made him get into "the Beast" i.e .the limo - and were going back to the Oval Office, he complained bitterly, and tried to grab the steering wheel from one of them driving. The other SS Agent grabbed his arm, as he attempted to chock (the clavicles) of one agent.

Trump lunged at Secret Service agent in rage when told he couldn't go to Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies​

Former President Donald Trump lunged at a Secret Service agent in a rage in the presidential limousine when told he could not be taken to the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, a former White House aide testified Tuesday.

"I'm the 'effing' president, take me up to the Capitol now!" Trump insisted, according to the aide, Cassidy Hutchinson, describing what she was told had happened in the limo that day.
other mind blowing shocking things that came out today were minor in comparison, like :

Trump throwing dishes and ketchup, his whole lunch like a spoiled child in the lunchroom near the Oval Office, she said happened often when he threw fits.

leomoon

Bob Woodward (Watergate author who gained fame with Woodward & Bernstein recording of Nixons's scandal) said that his book this year entitled "Rage" surely is better understood now with Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony today. He is speaking of course about him attacking his own Secret Service Agent chief, driving the Limo, Bobby Englels, choking him, as he tried to take over the steering wheel from the front seat to go to the Capitol on Jan. 6th -
Woodward said although trump told him, "I tend to enrage others", now we can see what CIA director Gina Haskell meant when she said trump was like a tantrum ridden 6 yr old when he doesn't get his own way - in this new picture image in the Limousine on January 6th.

Trump moved to the front of the presidential limo and reached toward the steering wheel, Hutchinson said.
The head of Trump’s Secret Service detail Bobby Engel grabbed Trump’s hand off of the steering wheel, Hutchinson said she was told by Anthony Ornato, Trump’s chief of operations. Engel was present for the conversation.

“Sir, you need to take your hand off of the steering wheel, we’re going back to the West Wing, we’re not going to the Capitol,” Hutchinson recounted being told by Ornato.

“The president had a very strong, very angry response to” being told the Secret Service couldn’t take him to the Capitol after his speech on the Ellipse that day, Hutchinson testified during Tuesday’s hearing before the Jan. 6 committee.

“Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge toward Engel and when Mr. Ornato recounted the story to me, he motioned to his clavicles.” Engel was in the room when Ornato told the story to Hutchinson and he did not correct or disagree with the story nor has he stated it was untrue since,

Note: As we know, the Secret Service detail assigned to each President and their family, is tasked with giving their OWN lives to save the life of their assigned family. What a shock to hear I'm sure, even for Fox TV who seemed quite surprised on the Martha McCallum show today. (just waking up?.,not quote "woke?" )

leomoon

The Republicans KNEW ( Kevin McCarthy, even Fox TV Hannity, Ingraham, all of them, Mitch McConnell, all of them knew on Jan. 6th, during Impeachment hearings, but refused to impeach him afterall and instead rewarded him with multi-millions a year for life with SS agents for LIFE. They KNEW he was guilty as sin and should now have to pay for it with the DOJ at their heels. Many of them begged for pardons knowing how guilty they were (McCarthy, Meadows, all top aides
“Mr. Meadows did seek that pardon,” said Hutchinson. “Yes, ma’am.”

News of top White House officials asking for last-minute presidential pardons shows they were concerned about complicity in the events leading up to the attempted coup at the Capitol that resulted in nine people dead, including four police officers who died from suicide.

The revelations come days after the committee named four members of Congress who were close to the Trump White House who also sought pardons: Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.) and Louie Gohmert (Texas).

The committee previously revealed that Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) sought a presidential pardon, too.

Rep. Bennie Thompson concluded today's hearing after Cassidy was finished by reading two texts which were easily seen as being "against the law" because they are WITNESS TAMPERING i.e. "Mr. Trump values loyalty and he reads all the transcripts" type of texts........to the witnesses who cooperated. Hopefully, the DOJ was also listening to these.

david starling

Well, so much for charging Trump for knowing he wouldn't be able to go to the Capitol building. Now he can say he "tried his best", and that if the SS had allowed it, he could have persuaded the mob to keep it peaceful.

Given how vulnerable he would have been, and knowing that he HAD to follow the SS directives, he was just covering his own @ss by pretending he was dumb enough to actually believe he could go. Oops, there he goes, slithering through another loophole and back into the swamp.