New tools for prediction?

KyleM

Hello I am new here. I've been doing astrology for a little over a year now with the main focus on planetary transits with a little more emphasis on understanding events after the fact rather than trying to predict (still improving on that). I use mostly the book Planets In Transit by Robert Hand as it has proven to be highly accurate for me and everyone else I do readings for. I cross reference with internet interpretations. I have noticed a few things in which I cannot find any explaination for on the internet and was wondering if anyone else has looked into this.

Normally when one is doing transits, one takes the current positions of the planets and compares them to the positions of planets/points in the natal chart (and the progressed/converse-progressed) to see what aspects are being formed. After a little experimentation, I have realized that one can take the current positions of the planets in the sidereal zodiac and compare the aspects those make to planets in your tropical zodiac natal, progressed, and converse-progressed charts. Conversely, I have noticed that you can take the current positions of planets in the tropical zodiac see what aspects those planets make to your sidereal zodiac natal, progressed, and converse-progressed charts. This has worked everytime for everyone whose transits I read. Has anyone else come across this or heard about this?

An example would be: Currently as I type this, the tropical venus is at 14 degrees Aries. In my sidereal natal chart, Pluto is at 15 degrees Libra (even though it's 9 degrees Scorpio in the tropical zodiac). So in this case, tropical Venus is opposing sidereal pluto. When I read the transit for venus oppostion pluto, the depiction is dead accurate. Mercury is currently at 21 degrees in the sidereal zodiac and is forming conjunction to Jupiter in my tropical natal chart. When I read the transit for Mercury conjunct Jupiter, the depiction again is dead accurate. You can even get real creative with this: Sidereal Jupiter at 27 degrees Pisces is conjuncting converse-progressed tropical Mars at 28 degrees Pisces. The depiction for Jupiter conjunct Mars is dead on. Tropical Jupiter at 22 degrees Aries is forming a sextile to my converse-progressed sidereal Jupiter. The depiction for Jupiter sextile Jupiter is dead on. I've tested this on several people and have yet to find anyone it does not work for. This actually filled in so many 'gaps' so to speak. Like sometimes things would happen that didn't seem to make sense only using the tropical zodiac. Just like using transits to progressed/converse-progressed filled in many gaps, this has tremendously filled in gaps.

Maybe this has been discussed before? I couldn't find any debate or information about this anywhere so I thought I'd bring it up on this forum for debate.

Now onto the other tool I have been using...
Most of us know that progressed/converse-progressed charts use a day for every year of age, so as I am 24 I would calculate a chart for 24 days after my birthday for the progressed and 24 days before my birthday for the converse-progressed. So in effect, each planet can be aspecting a planet in any of these charts and transiting the houses of each chart. (Neptune is transiting my natal 12th house, my progressed 11th and my converse-progressed 1st house) The depictions for all of these are accurate, even if somewhat conflicting (sometimes events relating to Neptune in the 1st house happen in my life and sometimes events relating to Neptune in the 12, etc.)
So what I have done to take this one step further: 1 day/24 hours=1 year, 2 hours=1 month, 4 hours=1 day, 2 min=12 hours, 1 min=6 hours. This works because a year of 365 days is almost equivalent to 360 degrees (a full rotation of the earth in 1 day)
So as I write this I am 24 years, but more accurately I am 24 years and 94 days old. My birthday is January 29, 1987 @ 8:36AM. So for a progressed chart I would cast one for February 22, 1987 @ 8:36AM and for a converse-progressed chart I would cast one for January 5, 1987 @ 8:36AM. Now what I do from here is to create 2 more charts that indicate the real-time progression charts for being 24 years and 94 days. So we do a little math now: First we must compensate for the difference between a 360-degree circle and a 365/366-day year, which is 5/6 days respectively. So 365 divided by 5 is 73, so every 73 days we will be 1 day off (or 4 minutes). To take that further we divide 73 by 4 to get 1 minute every 18.25 days. If from your current birthday to your next birthday there is a February 29th, then it's every 61 days we will be 1 day off (or 4 minutes). Divide that by 4 and the adjustment is 1 minute for every 15.25 days. If you do this correctly, then exactly 6 months past your birthday would be exactly 12 hours past your progressed chart (half a day), just as 24 hours past your progressed chart equals 1 year past your birthday (your new birthday).

So now we put this to use: I am 24 years and 94 days. 94 days times 4 minutes is 376 minutes (since 1 day=4 minutes), then divide 94 by 18.25 and we get 5.15 which I round to 5. I subtract 5 from 376 and get 371 minutes, which is 6 hours and 11 minutes. Now I cast a chart for 24 days and 6 hours and 11 minutes past my birthday and a chart for 24 days and 6 hours and 11 minutes before my birthday for the converse-progressed. We get February 22, 1987 @ 2:42PM, and January 5, 1987 @ 2:30AM. Both of these charts should now have unique house cusps and planets in various houses. This indicates how I progress from age 24 to 25. Things to look for now are the house cusps and the houses containing planets. This shows my approach to each area of life and where my progressed energies are directed for this part of the year versus a progressed chart which shows your approach to each area of life and where your progressed energies are directed for this part of your life. So in my natal/progressed chart I have Mars in the 1st house and in my converse progressed Mars is in the 2nd, in this 'real-time' progressed chart Mars is in the 5th house and the 10th house in the converse one, indicating where Mars energies are being used mostly at this time of year. Roughly every 30 days each planet will progress to the next house (clockwise for progressed and counter clockwise for converse-progressed). This can be read like a natal chart, but changes daily. So for the entire year Mars is in the 1st and 2nd houses, but also will be in all 12 houses additionally. This is the same for every planet, all will go through all 12 houses before the next birthday.

Now we can take this one step further... The current planetary positions are transiting the houses and aspecting these cusps, including the ascendant. So this can actually cause slow moving planets to be transiting houses and cusps very quickly and fast moving planets to transit slowly. For example, the sun moves 1 degree every day, the 'real-time' progressed chart progress 1 degree every day the opposite direction, so the sun can transit the same house for much longer than a month, closer to a year, and since it progresses faster than the outer planets move, the houses will change and the outer planets will transit new houses roughly every 30 days depending on the size of the house.

These techniques have worked everytime for every single person I have tested them on... This may be a lot to understand right now, but anyone wanting me to use these techniques on their own charts to show them, I am more than happy. And again I appologize if these techniques are already known, I just can't find any reference to them anywhere.

Attachments

• Natal Chart.jpg
    Natal Chart.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 41
  • ProgressedChart.jpg
    ProgressedChart.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 29
  • ConverseProgressedChart.jpg
    ConverseProgressedChart.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 30
  • RealTimeProgressedChart.jpg
    RealTimeProgressedChart.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 26
  • RealTimeConverse-ProgressedChart.jpg
    RealTimeConverse-ProgressedChart.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Mark

Some of the techniques you've mentioned are relatively common. Some are common to those who write astrological software (such as myself). Others are not in widespread use. You've got some stuff worth talking about here, but you'll probably get few responses just because there is so much in one post. We also have to remember that a great many modern astrologers are so dependent on software written by someone else that they are actually astrologers who are bad at math.

I write my software to include some of the things you've mentioned, such as precise progressions (partial years being included in timing the progression charts). Though, I generally don't use houses much outside of natal charts. That isn't to say that they aren't useful. I'm just usually concerned with other factors.

To simplify matters, it may help to make some lists to explain comparisons. If we compare a sidereal, natal chart to a tropical, natal chart, we can use the differences to tell us about the relationship between sidereal and natal measurements. If we compare a natal chart to a progressed chart, we can do the same to talk about the relationship between natal and progressed measurements. We could do the same with natal/counter-progressed, natal/transit, and so on. If you were to use this approach to expound on your techniques, you could build up a pretty good notebook within just a few months.

I'm feeling a bit burnt out after a long day. Perhaps I will be more useful tomorrow. :tongue: