New Moon and Solar Eclipse Jan 26

Astarte

How does one figure out how this eclipse will impact her? I am definitely feeling the energy of this upcoming eclipse which is making me want to jump out of my skin, change my name, quit my job, throw everything out of my house and move to another country!

Seriously, I think it's a good time for me to reinvent myself. In Jan 1990, I started on a new path, so this is consistent with what I am reading about this being indicative of a new cycle.

How else do I use the information on this upcoming eclipse? For instance, I've read where people say, "It is hitting my x house." Or they can point to where it might hit certain signs. What are the indications I should look for in my own chart - which planets should I keep in mind (for instance - should I look at where my Jupiter is?)

Hope this is not too vague!

My info if anyone is interested: Born in San Francisco, CA 9/18/1964 at 2:37 pm PST.

tootsie

Hi, You will want to look @ the house that the eclipse is in to see where the changes will take place, the ruler of that house will be the lord of ecliplse unless it conj or opposes a natal planet. If it does then that planet will be the lord of the eclipse for you. this coming eclipse is a dragon head so it isn't as bad as a dragons tail.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Tootsie

Astarte

Hi Tootsie - that helps quite a bit! Thanks!

I know that the eclipse is hitting my first house. I don't have any planets there, but I would imagine I should consider my ascendant. I think that may make sense given my urge to "reinvent" myself. (I'm a 0 degrees Cap rising.)

So, your answer implies some kind of challenge - or shakeup?

Astarte said:
How does one figure out how this eclipse will impact her? I am definitely feeling the energy of this upcoming eclipse which is making me want to jump out of my skin, change my name, quit my job, throw everything out of my house and move to another country!

Seriously, I think it's a good time for me to reinvent myself. In Jan 1990, I started on a new path, so this is consistent with what I am reading about this being indicative of a new cycle.

How else do I use the information on this upcoming eclipse? For instance, I've read where people say, "It is hitting my x house." Or they can point to where it might hit certain signs. What are the indications I should look for in my own chart - which planets should I keep in mind (for instance - should I look at where my Jupiter is?)

Hope this is not too vague!

My info if anyone is interested: Born in San Francisco, CA 9/18/1964 at 2:37 pm PST.

there are more important things to Astrology than just eclipses. What about transits? solar arcs, progressions, solar returns??? If you are just learning there are plenty of resources on this site and others, Transits are the most popular and widely used and www.astro.com has free 6month transit forecaster.

For natal chart intpretations and predictions try www.cafeastrology.com
or www.bobmarksastrology.com

to name but a few....