Neptune in 6th, medications, anxiety, and ongoing "mystery illness" - please help

dhundhun

Re: Neptune in 6th, medications, anxiety, and ongoing "mystery illness" - please help

Two things will be helpful:

1. Swimming is a good exercise for you and can provide you overall health benefits.
2. Eating less and healthy oil; bad oil will clog your system.
2.1 Avoid/minimize artificial stuff such as sugar substitute (As suggested by Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=204489#post204489)

Last edited:

dr. farr

Re: Neptune in 6th, medications, anxiety, and ongoing "mystery illness" - please help

I have S Node in 4th conj mercury, venus and I didn't have a 'hard childhood' -- think it all depends on the aspects received by Node.
Also POF unless in 1, 6th I feel doesn't describe your physical body. I have POF in 1st squ to venus and now in my later years am struggling a bit with weight due to 'hormones/menopause'

Regarding the DT in the 4th, I agree completely: no chart element is an unconditional influence! In the reference chart, 4th was void of any planetary occupancy-DT only placed therein-and in this specific chart DT is in opposition to Moon (Lord of her ascendant), square to her ascendant degree, and also square to her Sun. Hence my delineation of its likely ramifications regarding natal 4th house matters.

I also agree that the POF does NOT describe the physical body or its appearance: rather, it is a link (significator) to the dynamic health status of the subject, as it is also a link to other material-plane circumstances regarding the individual. The POF, considered along with other chart elements is an important indicator of the energetic state of the physical body (especially so in astro-therapeutic delineations)

Last edited:

LittleMiss

Thank you Claire19, Dr.Farr and astrologer50 for replying to my question! I understand that there are some divided opinions on this.

I've come to use a mix of both traditional and modern astrology myself, so I think the topic of the south node and part of fortune is interesting! I will try to read up on both.

Dr.Farr, if I could ask you about what you wrote here:

I also agree that the POF does NOT describe the physical body or its appearance: rather, it is a link (significator) to the dynamic health status of the subject, as it is also a link to other material-plane circumstances regarding the individual. The POF, considered along with other chart elements is an important indicator of the energetic state of the physical body (especially so in astro-therapeutic delineations)

- By this you mean that the POF can provide information about the general physical health or energylevel of a person? In the same way that it shows where we are fortunate in terms of luck and wealth - materialisticly?

EDITED: I see you are mentioning that you have talked about the South Node in other threads on this forum, I haven't read them, could you tell me which threads?

Last edited:

Regarding the Part of Fortune (in hellenistic and traditional astrology), it represents the outer person, their inter-reaction with the social and environmental mileu, their material "luck" resultant from this interaction, and their physical body health (regardless of house position-reference for example, Manilius, Valens, Maternus, Paulus Alexandrianus, Ibn Ezra, to mention only a few; also ref. modern studies on the POF as, for example, that of Robert Hand, available on Astrodienst; also Zoller's book, "The Arabic Parts", etc, etc)
Following the POF's traditional association with physical body health , I have applied the POF as body significator in astro-therapeutic analysis, with complete satisfaction.

I have since researched a little further into POF and this association with physical health and believe I may owe you an apology as there does seem a correlation after all --:whistling:

“The fortune indicated by this part is not necessarily materialistic or even tangible, though it can be. It depends on the sign and house location of the Part of Fortune. The benefit can be on the physical, intellectual, emotional, and/or spiritual plane of experience. In all cases it is through the cultivation and expression of this point that one will experience harmony and a sense of well-being.”
http://www.astroresources.com/fortune.htm

“The Part of Fortune represents worldly success, and is associated with the physical body and health as well. It can be indicative of the career or vocation. Worldly success and prosperity are associated with the Part of Fortune, and both its sign and house placement suggests innate abilities and talents--areas of life and qualities that are expressed naturally.”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/partoffortune.html

just found a site for calculating this and many more Parts or Lots --
http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/arabicparts/index.php

"Some formulas listed here have both an AM and PM version. The PM version is a reverse of the AM version and when indicated, persons born in the daytime (Sun in 7th - 12th houses) should use the AM formula while persons born in the evening (Sun in 1st - 6th houses) should use the PM formula. Sometimes it's best to try both formulas."

“However, in the case of both significations one must keep in mind that no one indication in the chart, not even the Part of Fortune, can be taken by itself as a total indicator of any area of life. For health one must also look at the Ascendant, its ruler, the Moon and its ruler. Also the sixth and eighth houses as indicators of illness and death respectively have strong indications for health. For material prosperity one should also look at the second house, the tenth house, and their rulers.”
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_fortune_e.htm

Last edited:

dr. farr

LittleMiss asked:
- "By this you mean that the POF can provide information about the general physical health or energylevel of a person? In the same way that it shows where we are fortunate in terms of luck and wealth - materialisticly?"

Yes, this is what I meant.

Relative to the Dragon's Tail, I touched on my concepts regarding it in several posts here on AW (and a bunch also on Skyscript)-however, I'll have to go through my "see all posts by Dr. Farr" here on AW to pick them out:pinched:!

Last edited:

dr. farr

Astrologer50

No, you don't in any way "owe me an apology"! Much of what I use in my peculiar approach is adapted by me from often obscure material; if you had asked me less than 20 years ago about the POF regarding health, I would have insisted that there was no such connection and that the POF only indicated influences involving wealth, money, property, personal valuables, good luck, things like that. Then I came across a 1937 copy of Manilius (Astronomica)-this caused me to reread Zoller's "Arabic Parts"; and I began to become more illuminated regarding the wider ramifications of the POF. By the mid-90's, old books and translations started to become available, and I gained "historical confidence" in experimenting (in astro-therapeutic delineations) with POF as an important physical body/health significator.
My delineations seemed to become clearer (in many cases) by this application of the POF, and I added it as a (to me) valuable delineative tool.

Frisiangal

The part of Fortune (not listed on original poster's chart) is calculated based upon the exact position of the Ascendant in relationship with Sun and Moon, and can only be reached when using an accurate birth time.
The Ascendant is representative of the physical constitution which, in itself, says enough about its association regarding general health.
Moon is representative of reaction through feelings to outer stimuli. Sun is representative of individual will.
The psychosoma(tic) relationship betwen the three is therefore not too difficult to detect and is logical to explain, when one inclines to relate the P.O.F. to conditions regarding physical health.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

When I read of your fibromyalgia....I wanted to tell you that a close friend of mine was on meds for it and using sugar substitutes and discovered there is a correlation. She went off the sugar substitutes and hasn't had aches or pains since. It'd be worth delving into at any point. I'm sure it's also possible to encounter both conditions with the originating from the sugar substitutes as long as some genuine concerns so do some self exam tests with it if you're one to heavily use NutraSweet or Splenda and the like.

Here's one link I found on splenda

http://www.fms-help.com/splenda.htm

and on Nutrasweet

http://www.sweetpoison.com/articles/0406/twenty_years_of_nutraswee.html

I figure they're at least worth reading about whether we're having symptoms or not.

Shanti

....As to connect with Dr Farr's south node in the 4th issue.

Your vedic chart have complementary info and alternate wiews
as well.

You have in your vedic chart an special combination when all planet is hemmed in between the nodes. All planets on one side of the nodes as
all planets is on the right side in chart of the nodes as divider.

This combination (kala sarpa yoga) is said to increase the role of the nodes in the chart.
And as the nodes can be a karmic influence it is said that certain areas
in life taking on an element of more "fate" or events that is not so much
under ones control.
Houses where nodes falling(4th/10th here...) or planets conjunct the nodes can point to areas indicated(moon....)

Here the moon symbol of mother, childhood and feelings is there as well as 4th house also emotions and family.

Interesting also that the planetary period was ketu (south node) in 4th house from age 9-15.
This time in childhood and early puberty was by vedic theory under the
influence of this 4th house south node then. Could be uncertaintes and some sense of emotional loss and things out of your control in the home.

When the first symptoms came in 2008 you were in a moon subperiod also.
This moon is closely conjunct the north node and involved in the combination.

LittleMiss

The part of Fortune (not listed on original poster's chart) is calculated based upon the exact position of the Ascendant in relationship with Sun and Moon, and can only be reached when using an accurate birth time.
The Ascendant is representative of the physical constitution which, in itself, says enough about its association regarding general health.
Moon is representative of reaction through feelings to outer stimuli. Sun is representative of individual will.
The psychosoma(tic) relationship betwen the three is therefore not too difficult to detect and is logical to explain, when one inclines to relate the P.O.F. to conditions regarding physical health.

This was a great explanation! Thank you!!

Claire19

I have S Node in 4th conj mercury, venus and I didn't have a 'hard childhood' -- think it all depends on the aspects received by Node.

I think to concentrate too much on the south node is a mistake. The polar opposite of north node is what we are dealing with in this life and its aspects. The south node shows where we have come from and our general conditions in the past. Some astrologers use only conjunctions and a tight orb of no more than 3 degees also.

Also unless POF is in 1 or 6th I don't feel describes your physical body. I have POF in 1st squ to venus and now in my later years am struggling a bit with weight due to 'hormones/menopause'
I concur with the 6th and 1st house dealing with health. I dont deal with Arabic parts much but the POF seems to fit my experience very well, in my chart, at least it adds to the scenario. I think we have to be careful of the generalisations and keep to the house representations. Hard childhoods belong to the 1st and the 4th and the influences there. I think we make a mistake with generalised statements that dont pertain to any particular chart for instance.
I have a well aspected POF in the 4th Gemini in trine to the 8th Venus and have inheritance from my Gemini mother which enables me to life a comfortable life and take care of everyday needs, sextile to Pluto in the 6th. The 4th can deal with hereditary traits I recognise which may affect health but in other houses it is not relevant is my strong belief. As always we must do our own research and experience the influences for ourselves.

Last edited:

lifepath7

I am also the owner of a 6th house Neptune and it is conjunct Jupiter. I can relate to the title of the post because my illnesses seem to be mysterious and unexplained. I also suffer from anxiety due to bottle up emotions and I am also sensitive.

What has worked for me is to find a creative outlet expressing your feelings....be mindful of your diet as well.

I found as a sensitive person it is always good to cultivate a strong sense of self awareness and to know who you are - this help when dealing with others because sometimes in a sensitive person's life they can get their own stuff confused with other's stuff.

I also have Pluto in the 4th along with south node there as well - therapy is a great idea to get it all out. I have also found that spirituality workshops help as well. Dr Wayne Dyer has a lot of good books to read like Your Sacred Self and Real Magic.

I wish you well soon!

LP7

Beulah

Hi Marestar :biggrin:
I'm totally no expert on Astrology, but I also have Neptune in the sixth and Mars sq. Neptune (and the Moon)... I am also on medication... Clonidine... it keeps my adrenaline level down and so helps with my blood pressure and anxiety. In addition, I have pain problems, particularly in my bones and joints (which I attribute to a difficult natal Saturn and transits). I find that massage really helps me- perhaps regular, professional massage would help you?
If you think about it, the massage causes one's muscles to release toxins and stress, so one's bones and joints aren't pulled as off-kilter...

Hi Marestar :biggrin:
I'm totally no expert on Astrology, but I also have Neptune in the sixth and Mars sq. Neptune (and the Moon)... I am also on medication... Clonidine... it keeps my adrenaline level down and so helps with my blood pressure and anxiety. In addition, I have pain problems, particularly in my bones and joints (which I attribute to a difficult natal Saturn and transits). I find that massage really helps me- perhaps regular, professional massage would help you?
If you think about it, the massage causes one's muscles to release toxins and stress, so one's bones and joints aren't pulled as off-kilter...

To piggy-back off of this, Reiki and Lymphatic Massage could really help.

dr. farr

The ill-effects of Neptune are particularly susceptible of being antidoted by subtle healing methods: all forms of hands-on healing will be of benefit to Neptunian originated imbalances; so too will (genuine) spiritual healing, meditational work, yoga, and other even more esoteric methods (again, if genuine); conversely, antipathic (ie, conventional) drug therapy, while effective in suppressing Neptune induced symptoms, will end up making the Neptune state worse, causing the individual to become dependent upon the Neptune-suppressant drugs, due to Neptune's proclivities toward substance (drug/alcholol) habituation (this is particularly the case with conventional psychiatric and "mood enhancing" drugs, tranquilizing drugs, SSRI drugs like Prozac, etc)

Decided Neptune-imbalance states offer an excellent field for the successful exhibition of the more subtle-energy alternative healing methods-and the more subtle the energy being directed into the Neptunian state, the more Neptune-balancing effects will be enhanced.

Last edited:

Beulah

The ill-effects of Neptune are particularly susceptible of being antidoted by subtle healing methods: all forms of hands-on healing will be of benefit to Neptunian originated imbalances; so too will (genuine) spiritual healing, meditational work, yoga, and other even more esoteric methods (again, if genuine); conversely, antipathic (ie, conventional) drug therapy, while effective in suppressing Neptune induced symptoms, will end up making the Neptune state worse, causing the individual to become dependent upon the Neptune-suppressant drugs, due to Neptune's proclivities toward substance (drug/alcholol) habituation (this is particularly the case with conventional psychiatric and "mood enhancing" drugs, tranquilizing drugs, SSRI drugs like Prozac, etc)

Decided Neptune-imbalance states offer an excellent field for the successful exhibition of the more subtle-energy alternative healing methods-and the more subtle the energy being directed into the Neptunian state, the more Neptune-balancing effects will be enhanced.

Ah ha! So she should get massaged by Virginal Vegetarians?! :innocent::D Kidding, but not kidding...

dr. farr

Ah ha! So she should get massaged by Virginal Vegetarians?! :innocent::D Kidding, but not kidding...

In addition to Beulah's observation:biggrin::

Neptune-originated conditions are not usually successfully modified because the remedies affinitive to them are not very commonly known. One Neptune affinitive remedy that is well known is potassium and its salts: the relationship of potassium to Neptune was suggested early in the 20th century by both Heinrich Daath and H.C. Cornell (medical astrologers). In homeopathy, the remedies Causticum (potassium hydrate) and Kali Carbonicum ( salt of tartar, pearl ash, potassium carbonate) are possible candidates for consideration in Neptune-dominant situations.

Another possible group of Neptune affinitives would be the rare earths (also known as the lanthinide elements of the periodic table); the selected rare earth(s) applied (if indicated) either by biocircuit conduction of the material element, or taken orally (or rubbed in to the meridian areas of the body) in the form of attenuated (potentized) homeopathic preparations (in this form the rare earths are freely available and completely safe for use) Among the leading rare earths are erbium, samarium, neodymium, ytterbium, lanthanum, praseodymium, lutetium, europium and dysprosium.

As a remedial group, the flower essences represent a "higher vibrational" level reaching up to the Neptunian level. Particularly entheogens-these substances in their material (crude plant form) are too potentially powerful to be used outside of expert supervision (and, in material form, are often illegal in many countries); however, as flower essence preparations they are completely devoid of potential toxicity (as is also the case with homeopathic attenuations) and they are both freely available and safe for personal use: a leading supplier of entheogen (or "power plant") flower essences is Green Man Tree Essences, in England (see their "power plant" essence section)-this is accessible via the internet.

Among herbal remedies Neptune-affinitives are very rare. The Blue Lotus is probably the most accessible, either as the carefully dried flower or as a tincture or concentrated extract. Some of the herbs affinitive to Venus, will also sometimes be effective in Neptunian conditions as well; also herbs affinitive to the sign of Pisces could be tested for Neptunian affinity in Neptune-dominant conditions; this same Venus and Pisces affinity with Neptune also applies to possible crystal/stone selections in the field of dynamic lithotherapy.

Claire19

Thank you Claire19, Dr.Farr and astrologer50 for replying to my question! I understand that there are some divided opinions on this.

I've come to use a mix of both traditional and modern astrology myself, so I think the topic of the south node and part of fortune is interesting! I will try to read up on both.

Dr.Farr, if I could ask you about what you wrote here:

- By this you mean that the POF can provide information about the general physical health or energylevel of a person? In the same way that it shows where we are fortunate in terms of luck and wealth - materialisticly?

EDITED: I see you are mentioning that you have talked about the South Node in other threads on this forum, I haven't read them, could you tell me which threads?
I think that to concentrate on the south node is not as advantageous as concentrating on the north node. The past is the past and you can get an idea of what conditions you lived in for sure but need to go to the polar opposite this time around. Martin Schulman's book on reincarnation and the nodes is recommended.

dr. farr

My attention to the Dragon's Tail is for one purpose only: to see where trouble might be, to see potential danger, to see where the "fly in the ointment" might pop up; I fully agree with Claire19 that concentrating upon the Dragon's Head for the positive, and for the future, is advantageous and upbeat, but, in my line of practice (astro-therapeutics), "trouble is my business", so that's why I always look to the Dragon's Tail as a first indicator of where trouble might be found, where trouble is coming from.