Neglected...

I cee

I am looking at the in coming storm that is hitting the Caribbean...........
I want to know..........
SERIOUSLY.......WHY.......... WHEN......THESE.....STORMS....IE....HURRICANES, WHICH THEN SET OFF MAJOR TORNADOS,......ARE NOT CONSIDERED...........
IMPORTANT???
There are thousands of people below the poverty threshold, in the Caribbean and the Americas, that lose their house and belongings to these 'acts of god',........
Ask any weatherman/woman and they will tell you, that this happens every year, and yet one of the wealthiest, western countries does NOTHING TO HELP, PROVIDE SECURE HOUSING.????
Why.........
Is there nothing in place to "shelter" the people in these areas.........
I was there just after 'hurricane Katrina had just hit' and there when 'Rita' hit, I remember it set off 50 tornados and we changed course......

I cee

Some of these people are in mobile homes and have 'no hope'.....and yet they or the 'powers at be ' allow the people of there country to be, homeless, destitute and knowing that this happens every, (sorry I am going to swear) year, to do **** all to help, enable the ' below poverty' population to overcome the 'acts of god', that are not there fault.
Ummmmmm......what happens to the ones who have money and......yeah....yeah.....lets have a look.......shall we??
I'm curious........I really don't know??
I'm thinking that if that was here in England, that we would put in place a way of building homes,...for those in rented accommodation, and on the poverty threshold, THEY WILL have a cellar OR SAFE HAVEN for when a tornado or hurricane strikes.....of course we never know the outcome, (nature takes its course) but we can try to 'soften' the 'blow',.....when it does......................
A country that does that, is a country that is truly looking after its people