Needing help.

I have studied astrology all my life and consider myself advanced in my own way, but I have gone out on a limb and studied it myself and left behind the traditions that I read when I first studied it. I am going through a very difficult time and need fresh eyes on my chart.

Circumstances are intensifying the depression and anxiety I have had all my life. Things don't always get easier when you get old. I feel very frightened and trapped.

With astrology, in my opinion (not necessarily other people's) I can occasionally get some good insights, but sometimes I feel like I have a spiritual blindfold on and just can't see anything.

I could ramble on with my own interpretations, which wouldn't be how other people interpret charts though there is some crossover.

If people want me to talk astrology, I am more than capable of it, but my eyes might not be the best judges.

Attachments

• 052E6168-DCE3-4229-BAC9-8DE3DBE11F6A.png
    052E6168-DCE3-4229-BAC9-8DE3DBE11F6A.png
    87 KB · Views: 38
At your age, you have either successfully accomplished all the challenges of the natal chart 66 years ago, or you never will. I prefer to look at your current challenges represented by your 2ndary Progressed Return Chart of this past February.

And so I would see a lot of issues to address:
1. the extremely high number of high energy/high friction planets, houses, and aspects
2. the fixed grand cross
3. the fixed t-Square
4. the mutable t-Square
5. the very high latitude moon
6. the OOB Mars
7. the very high friction/high energy Sun Opposite Neptune
I am not sure what a Secondary Progressed Return Chart is. It isn't a technique I use, I will look it up on Astro data bank.

I am not sure what the challenges of my natal chart were, and I don't feel I have accomplished anything worthwhile. At the moment I am struggling to sleep and eat. I have seen a doctor and have been prescribed something for now. Thanks for your interpretation of my Secondary Progressed Return Chart, I suppose I could do worse than try to find out what it means. I was only a few days ago, in the middle of a sleepless night, looking through the book "Symbolic Directions in Modern Astrology" by Charles E. O. Carter, and feeling that I didn't understand that kind of astrology, though I like Charles Carter and have a few of his books, and find he has insight but I can't work out his methods. I do struggle to understand things, find reading books is something I have to push myself very hard to do, and my occasional insights are not any kind of reality.

Last edited:

Orion

I think it is Transit Saturn which makes problems atm. It did move over your sun not long ago. That's a time when one feels depressed, lonely and without much thrill and hope. Now it is opposite your pluto in the 12th house (sleep). You might be worried that bad things will happen etc.
After Tr. Saturn has passed your pluto things should become better.

I think it is Transit Saturn which makes problems atm. It did move over your sun not long ago. That's a time when one feels depressed, lonely and without much thrill and hope. Now it is opposite your pluto in the 12th house (sleep). You might be worried that bad things will happen etc.
After Tr. Saturn has passed your pluto things should become better.
I had forgotten about that Saturn transit conjunct my Sun and opposition my Pluto. The way I interpret astrology, I would call that Saturn Chiron to first my Sun and then my Pluto. I could be wrong, but I feel it takes the crossing of at least two planets together to make anything to manifest, and Chiron at 14 degrees Aries makes a 45 degree type aspect with Saturn in 29 degrees Aquarius and with Pluto in 29 degrees Leo. These planets that don't clearly point, like Chiron here, are part of the pattern. Chiron is chaperoning Saturn to conjoin my Sun and then oppose my Pluto, but a major aspect like a conjunction or opposition does the pointing.

And yes the 12th house is sleep, and places you retreat into.

Ecliptique

Hello eyeofthegoat,

at first glance it seems to me that you experienced a rather trying period between the beginning of May 2021 and mid-January 2022 with the markant transits of Uranus and Saturn to natal Mars.
The markant transit of Mars Gemini square natal Moon and opposite natal Saturn has just ended.
With the arrival of summer, you will have the markant transit of Jupiter in Taurus conjunct natal Mars.
Perhaps you can make a few comments.

Ecliptique. :)

Hello eyeofthegoat,

at first glance it seems to me that you experienced a rather trying period between the beginning of May 2021 and mid-January 2022 with the markant transits of Uranus and Saturn to natal Mars.
The markant transit of Mars Gemini square natal Moon and opposite natal Saturn has just ended.
With the arrival of summer, you will have the markant transit of Jupiter in Taurus conjunct natal Mars.
Perhaps you can make a few comments.

Exactly true, I have correlated the transits of Uranus in 11 degrees Taurus and Saturn around 11 degrees Aquarius, which aspect my natal Mars, with a physical health condition that gets me down a lot and stops me sleeping. Its causes date back decades and for some reason it has affected me a lot more during these recent transits. I think it is something I will always have to endure, and I have looked at future transits to my natal Mars for signs that there could be some respite or psychological adaptation where it wouldn't affect me so much, if not a proper cure. I had never heard of markant transits though, but I assume this is what you mean.

I use antiscia, and my Mars' antiscion is about 18 degrees Leo 49 minutes, in my 12th house. Transiting Uranus has squared that in the summer of 2022 and will again this year. That point definitely correlates to things.

Using some more arcane astrology that I won't bore you with, I think deeper, longer term transits to my Mars could be very significant for me in the coming years, though I don't know if for better or worse.

I have definitely been noticing those transits you describe in that time period to my Mars are linked with when this health issue is causing me more upset and insomnia.

Ecliptique

Hello eyeofthegoat,

it seems that there is a need to want to be convinced of what is difficult for you to achieve and that you put too much passion in what you want to do by showing a certain motivation. Try to consider what you find rather inaccessible in order to appropriate the idea and better control it. In the months to come, you will absolutely want to be valued for what you do and show that you take things to heart. You will be well decided in relation to what is not easy to access for you. This should contribute to having a result compared to what you aspire to.

In the years to come, I note the following transits in your birth chart:
- Transit from Mars to Uranus by conjunction, etc. from mid-October 2024 to the end of April 2025.
- Transit from Saturn to Saturn, etc. from early May 2026 to mid-March 2027.
- Transit from Mars to Pluto by conjunction, etc. from the end of October 2023 to the beginning of June 2027.
All this can be properly addressed for a better affirmation of yourself...

Last edited:
My understanding was sleep is ruled by the 8th house (not the 12th).
I have my Moon's antiscion in about 18 degrees Aries in my eighth house. I also have Phaethon (not the asteroid) in 14 degrees Aries in my eighth house.

I don't know which house rules sleep, and the water houses (sorry that is how I think of them, I know there is a technical term for the 4th, 8th and 12th houses but I never remember it) I find difficult to pin down their exact meanings. Maybe with all the houses I have to think hard to understand all that they represent. The fifth house is definitely children, somebody's chart that I looked at has the Moon's South Node in her fifth house and the Solar Arc Progression of Pluto to this correlated with a full term stillbirth.

All the water houses especially are mysterious and I wouldn't know how to ascribe sleep to any particular house.

Hello eyeofthegoat,

it seems that there is a need to want to be convinced of what is difficult for you to achieve and that you put too much passion in what you want to do by showing a certain motivation. Try to consider what you find rather inaccessible in order to appropriate the idea and better control it. In the months to come, you will absolutely want to be valued for what you do and show that you take things to heart. You will be well decided in relation to what is not easy to access for you. This should contribute to having a result compared to what you aspire to.

In the years to come, I note the following transits in your birth chart:
- Transit from Mars to Uranus by conjunction, etc. from mid-October 2024 to the end of April 2025.
- Transit from Saturn to Saturn, etc. from early May 2026 to mid-March 2027.
- Transit from Mars to Pluto by conjunction, etc. from the end of October 2023 to the beginning of June 2027.
All this can be properly addressed for a better affirmation of yourself...

Thanks, I will have a look at those.

From the way I do astrology my Mars and what it natally aspects will be activated a lot from around now and for many years.

I have always felt that nothing I have ever done matters at all. I don't control ideas, they sometimes allow me to see them, and sometimes not.

Last edited:
I was prescribed Zolpidem 5mg for a few days and given a later appointment. Sleep was of course better last night, but it isn't a long term solution, and its effects were very mild and not enough to deal with what is overwhelming me.

Frisiangal

Hi,
I don't believe that astrology follows an 'At your age, you have either successfully accomplished all the challenges of the natal chart 66 years ago, or you never will' rule as mentioned elsewhere. Life is an ongoing process and whether it's a case of 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks ' OR ' it's never too late to learn' depends upon the individual and how circumstances shown in the natal chart represent how situations willbe/are experienced. Secondary progressions show that ongoing process.

I have included the natal chart with secondary progressions (green planets) and solar arc directions (blue planets) for the coming year shown on the outer rim of it.
A scondary progression is the daily motion of every planet each day after birth, with one day = 1 year in time. When a progressed planet makes an aspect with a natal planet 'life-changing situations' occur that have an effect upon one's focus upon it. They should not be ignored.
A solar arc direction is a calculation based upon the hypothetical motion of all planets at the same daily rate as the progressed Sun ... which is approx. 1degree per day. Although hypothetical of nature, it is amazingly accurate in its outcome.
Both calculations cover the period of approx. 3 degrees; one degree applying to exactitude of aspect, exactitude, and the separation from exactitude. Rather like transits that represen the urges or pushes to do something.

With your knowledge of astrology, it should not be difficult for you to work out for yourself the nature, and what the effect was, of the progressions and directions when they aspected a natal planet.

What is immediately noticeable for the present period is the effect of seconday progressed Moon in Aquarius upon the natal FIXED grand cross(es) since it squared natal Neptune approx. 10 months ago. Confusion, nerves on edge, mental (Mercury) breakdown (Uranus, modern ruler 6th house of physical complaints as well as work sphere) coould be an understatement, whilst its approach towards natal Venus is also mentally disrupting a change you cannot appreciate.
This is occuring at the same time that secondary progressed Sun, now in Taurus, is opposing natal retrograde Neptune, so often accompanying a period of loss, and a feeling sense of losing contact with the physical world. Yet Neptune is the planet that provides the ultimate truth regarding one's faith .... and Sun represents one's individual and creative self. The 'spiritual blindfold, you mentioned? Have you lost faith, emotionally feeling like an abandoned dishrag (Neptune in Scorpio) without physical support, security,safety, and/or personal appreciation of any kind (Taurus).

Neptune and the 12th house in Leo (ruler Sun) are both strongly asociated with sleep deprivation. Mentally/emotionally unwinding could prove beneficial for you.

Sec. progr. Mercury, also in Taurus, is squaring natal MEAN Black Moon Lilth. Images from childhood surfacing to be rationally dealt with through attention to fact rather than thoughts?

Sec. progr. Venus, also in Taurus in the 9th house is also influencing the grand FIXED cross. Financial situation, benefits causing stress?

Sec. progr. Mars in Gemini does not aspect a natal planet, yet has been influenced by the long-term transit from transiting Mars to Moon square Saturn. There could much inner anger towards changed (mutable) situations. Is it possible that the mental energy Mars creates and stirs could be used in actions to your advantage?

Ideas for starters? Never too late to learn. :smile:

Attachments

• astro_246gw_female_202337_hp.34131.111861.png
    astro_246gw_female_202337_hp.34131.111861.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 22

ElenaJ

I don't believe that astrology follows an 'At your age, you have either successfully accomplished all the challenges of the natal chart 66 years ago, or you never will' rule as mentioned elsewhere. Life is an ongoing process and whether it's a case of 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks ' OR ' it's never too late to learn' depends upon the individual and how circumstances shown in the natal chart represent how situations willbe/are experienced. Secondary progressions show that ongoing process.
So true.

ElenaJ

I have studied astrology all my life and consider myself advanced in my own way, but I have gone out on a limb and studied it myself and left behind the traditions that I read when I first studied it. I am going through a very difficult time and need fresh eyes on my chart.

Circumstances are intensifying the depression and anxiety I have had all my life. Things don't always get easier when you get old. I feel very frightened and trapped.

With astrology, in my opinion (not necessarily other people's) I can occasionally get some good insights, but sometimes I feel like I have a spiritual blindfold on and just can't see anything.

I could ramble on with my own interpretations, which wouldn't be how other people interpret charts though there is some crossover.

If people want me to talk astrology, I am more than capable of it, but my eyes might not be the best judges.
Your moon square Saturn is being set off by the current full moon at 14 pisces/virgo.

Hi,

I have included the natal chart with secondary progressions (green planets) and solar arc directions (blue planets) for the coming year shown on the outer rim of it.
A scondary progression is the daily motion of every planet each day after birth, with one day = 1 year in time. When a progressed planet makes an aspect with a natal planet 'life-changing situations' occur that have an effect upon one's focus upon it. They should not be ignored.
A solar arc direction is a calculation based upon the hypothetical motion of all planets at the same daily rate as the progressed Sun ... which is approx. 1degree per day. Although hypothetical of nature, it is amazingly accurate in its outcome.
Both calculations cover the period of approx. 3 degrees; one degree applying to exactitude of aspect, exactitude, and the separation from exactitude. Rather like transits that represen the urges or pushes to do something.

With your knowledge of astrology, it should not be difficult for you to work out for yourself the nature, and what the effect was, of the progressions and directions when they aspected a natal planet.

What is immediately noticeable for the present period is the effect of seconday progressed Moon in Aquarius upon the natal FIXED grand cross(es) since it squared natal Neptune approx. 10 months ago. Confusion, nerves on edge, mental (Mercury) breakdown (Uranus, modern ruler 6th house of physical complaints as well as work sphere) coould be an understatement, whilst its approach towards natal Venus is also mentally disrupting a change you cannot appreciate.
This is occuring at the same time that secondary progressed Sun, now in Taurus, is opposing natal retrograde Neptune, so often accompanying a period of loss, and a feeling sense of losing contact with the physical world. Yet Neptune is the planet that provides the ultimate truth regarding one's faith .... and Sun represents one's individual and creative self. The 'spiritual blindfold, you mentioned? Have you lost faith, emotionally feeling like an abandoned dishrag (Neptune in Scorpio) without physical support, security,safety, and/or personal appreciation of any kind (Taurus).

Neptune and the 12th house in Leo (ruler Sun) are both strongly asociated with sleep deprivation. Mentally/emotionally unwinding could prove beneficial for you.

Sec. progr. Mercury, also in Taurus, is squaring natal MEAN Black Moon Lilth. Images from childhood surfacing to be rationally dealt with through attention to fact rather than thoughts?

Sec. progr. Venus, also in Taurus in the 9th house is also influencing the grand FIXED cross. Financial situation, benefits causing stress?

Sec. progr. Mars in Gemini does not aspect a natal planet, yet has been influenced by the long-term transit from transiting Mars to Moon square Saturn. There could much inner anger towards changed (mutable) situations. Is it possible that the mental energy Mars creates and stirs could be used in actions to your advantage?

Ideas for starters? Never too late to learn. :smile:
Thanks, all this is very helpful. I need to read through it again carefully. I am not familiar with secondary progressions, I never use them and prefer Solar Arcs, which I use all the time. Using both has always seemed like too much information.

Thanks for doing the Astrodienst calculation of secondary progressions for my chart. I had a look and even at a first glance, the secondary progressed Sun at 2 degrees Taurus 24 minutes, opposing both natal and sp Neptune, and aspecting also natal and sp Uranus and Pluto's antiscion, which are natal aspects anyway, looks overwhelmingly significant.

Of course, the secondary progressed Sun is exactly the same as the Solar Arc Sun.

Last edited:
At the moment I am struggling, didn't sleep at all last night as I had run out of zolpidem. Depression and anxiety both feel acute. I think the insomnia at least is Pluto 29 Leo in the 12th house and Mars' antiscion 19 Leo in the 12th house, both being activated, Pluto most recently by the opposition from Saturn. Mars is here physical pain, Pluto is uncontrollable dark depression. I have fallen into that 12th house Pluto before, when Solar Arc Pluto was conjunct my Ascendant many years ago, it isn't a forgiving or reachable thing. The Uranus transits to my Mars have been going on for a few years, and I hope when something else transits to my Mars there might be some healing. Also the Solar Arc/Progression of my Sun to oppose Neptune 2 degrees Scorpio, and conjunct Pluto's antiscion 1 degree Taurus. I could be wrong but my acute feeling right now is that insomnia is 12th house and Neptune.

I can't help how I feel spilling out and I know I am being irrational but I can't switch it off, and I am scared of emotionally hurting people around me. It feels like a long wait until I can get to see a doctor, my fault I was offered an earlier appointment. I know that I need some sort of antidepressants, I can't cope without them, I can't cope without sleep. Somebody got me out for a walk yesterday, but I feel bad that my emotions were spilling onto them.

I never believed that we have much if any control over what happens to us, though that is hard to prove one way or the other. Transits will manifest exactly how they want and I am not sure how we are meant to deal with them, or maybe just recognise them. Astrology gives an insight that is outside of time, and though I feel that as a human being I am programmed to be drawn to astrology I always get a half sense that the gods don't like it, and spiritually blindfold us some of the time, and other times let us have insights that it is hard to know how to make useful. Nevertheless astrology is something I do, like breathing. Maybe Jung might have had a helpful thing to say.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Uranus is leaving your mars, Saturn leaving your sun, so this should lighten things up a bit for you.
Venus rules 3rd of thinking, and is conjunct Chiron, causing your dark thoughts and depression.
The 6th ruler Saturn is in easy aspect however, which could help you.
Co-ruler of the 6th is Uranus, opposing mercury, which again is thoughts.
Your moon/saturn square was recently triggered by the full moon, the pressure should ease up a bit with the new moon.
While mercury and Venus are in the 5th of children, and Saturn is in 4th, are there any roots to your symptoms with perhaps relations with your children, if you have any, or with your family roots?
Have you done any regressions to try and trace backwards to the cause of your symptoms?

Uranus is leaving your mars, Saturn leaving your sun, so this should lighten things up a bit for you.
Venus rules 3rd of thinking, and is conjunct Chiron, causing your dark thoughts and depression.
The 6th ruler Saturn is in easy aspect however, which could help you.
Co-ruler of the 6th is Uranus, opposing mercury, which again is thoughts.
Your moon/saturn square was recently triggered by the full moon, the pressure should ease up a bit with the new moon.
While mercury and Venus are in the 5th of children, and Saturn is in 4th, are there any roots to your symptoms with perhaps relations with your children, if you have any, or with your family roots?
Have you done any regressions to try and trace backwards to the cause of your symptoms?
By regressions, do you mean anticlockwise Solar Arcs? Or transits for the date so many years before my birth.

Thanks, this is helpful. I will try to do the regressions tomorrow, I can't do complex intellectual things right now.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Thanks, this is helpful. I will try to do the regressions tomorrow, I can't do complex intellectual things right now.
Actually, the transits before birth could be helpful if you feel up to doing it.
What I was trying to suggest, however, was different. It is a type of analysis, not astrological . I may be using the wrong term, so apologies.
Past life regression. There may be something in your past that is blocking you and creating these difficulties.