Need Urgent Advice

teafortwo

So basically I recently finished law school and took the bar, and am looking for attorney jobs. However, the market for legal employment for someone with my qualifications is somewhat down (average school/gpa). In a moment of frustration, I sent out my photo to a casting agent, was called in for an acting audition, and now they want to send me out on a few other auditions but I would have to invest in headshots etc. They basically want me to do this ASAP. This is an opportunity nothing more but it would take away time from my pursuit of some law related things. Is it worth pursuing? Any chances of career success in that area based on astrology ? I'm so torn and confused, and can't decide what I should do. I feel like I've already sacrificed so much of my time and life to law and don't want to waste/lose time on anything. My instincts aren't telling me anything. I tried horary but got a 0 ASC. Do transits/progressions indicate anything? Should I do an election chart ( I have 0 experience with those).

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    356.3 KB · Views: 31

waybread

I can't tell you what you should do, but I think law looks stronger in your chart than acting. The 9th house rules law as a body of knowledge, and the 5th house rules acting. With your moon and NN in the 9th, this seems stronger to me than your 5th house. Both your 9th and 5th houses are ruled by Jupiter, which is happily placed in your 10th house of career. But Jupiter itself is more suited to the 9th house than to acting.

This isn't to say that you couldn't make a success of acting, but it is certainly a more difficult field to break into. Most aspiring actors still need a day job.

Might I ask what specialty of law are you in? With your 4th house concentration, I would think of either family law or else real estate.

Are you able and willing to move locations?

teafortwo

I can't tell you what you should do, but I think law looks stronger in your chart than acting. The 9th house rules law as a body of knowledge, and the 5th house rules acting. With your moon and NN in the 9th, this seems stronger to me than your 5th house. Both your 9th and 5th houses are ruled by Jupiter, which is happily placed in your 10th house of career. But Jupiter itself is more suited to the 9th house than to acting.

This isn't to say that you couldn't make a success of acting, but it is certainly a more difficult field to break into. Most aspiring actors still need a day job.

Might I ask what specialty of law are you in? With your 4th house concentration, I would think of either family law or else real estate.

Are you able and willing to move locations?
First, thanks so much for responding.

Yes, I am actually focused on both those fields! We don't specialize in law school as in major in a particular field but these are the areas I have worked with and what I want to continue in. My favorite thing though is trusts and estates, I love it and got a perfect grade in it (my guess is because of the PF in 8th, 8th ruler (traditional and modern) aspects MC, MC ruler?).

I don't really want to relocate ..I don't want to be far from my family/friends. Also don't want to take the bar exam again in another location. Legal market is hard, I've had only a couple of responses to my resumes, so praying that I get one of the jobs that responded that I actually really want. I'm super stressed about all this, as loans will be due soon. You'd think with Jupiter on MC jobs would just fall to me.

TBH, legal market these days is as much a hustle as acting. Jobs are scarce since the recession and most people don't believe how much the average lawyer actually gets paid given the expenses of law school ( entry level rate right now for those that didn't make the cut for large prestigious firms / lucrative govt. positions and need to seek employment in small firms is realistically about $40K/yr, and if it is a small firm usually w/o benefits/ average student loan debt for law school is about $100K).

I don't necc. want a career in acting, but with this opportunity coming up just wondering if I should invest time in it or just let it go and stay focused on my law path. I have trouble with decisions.

Last edited:

ravinderccmb

can you give your birth details:
date of birth, time of birth and place of birth.

for you horary chart, along with your query, you provide a random number from 1-249.

teafortwo

can you give your birth details:
date of birth, time of birth and place of birth.

for you horary chart, along with your query, you provide a random number from 1-249.

Hi, thanks so much for responding!

I don't really feel comfortable posting personal identifying info on a public forum, but maybe I can make a specific chart for you if that's what you are trying to look at?

Thanks again.

kshantaram

Premium Member
venus highest deg scorpio 4th, sun-venus scorpio, the personality factor, research-occult aptitudes, reserved, sentimental, suspicious, magnetic personality.

sat sag 5th aptitude for law-justice, philosophical; pisces 9th again for law-justice, lord jupiter over the 10th for career also jup being lord 5th for luck-education-social status/position. sat lord 6th negating to the 5th negating employment prospects calling for independent practice perhaps. sat aspect own acq 7th supportive of career-vocation-business.

aries inimical for leo asc, moon-rahu and jup over aries, stress-delay in matters of luck-higher education, distant travels. mars aspect own aries protective same time. mars-ketu libra 3rd accident prone, impulsive.

mars elevated aspect over cap 6th supportive of employment prospects again.

mer retro 4th, lord 3rd for communications, better at written communications perhaps.

wonder whether inclined to legal research, legal writings, legal journalism, legal advisor, rather than an articulate lawyer. sat 5th sag could be involved with legal public admin/govt roles.

moon-rahu aries 9th aptitude for psychology, acting skills, able to hide personal emotions/camoflage, but moon-rahu over inimical aries, under stress-delay, moreover moon lord 12th over the 9th affecting luck etc, while could tend to foreign travels-pilgrimage, while could tend to rise-fall same time, calling for ancestor worship.

jup as lord 5/9 over the 10th could call for legal advisory roles, sat sag 5th also tending to law-justice, involved with legal research, and legal writings-journalism etc, may be being the judge rather than the lawyer.

moon-rahu acting skills but prone to rise-fall while being over inimical impulsive aries, mars-ketu libra 3rd too impulsive initiatives, while mer retro is better at written communications and not at articulation.

hope generic observations-inputs enable reflect further, and carve out an appropriate aptitude based career path ahead. could share specific ground feedbacks per return, usefulness of the reading etc.

wishing luck jup 10th though under stress-delay, jup trine leo asc for overall well-being, and trine sat-sag 5th protective of education-postion, law-justice, etc. sat aspecting own acq 7th good for career support, and mars elevated aspect over cap 6th promoting employment prospects. sat lord 6th over 5th affecting education-romance-children-position under stress, protected by trine aspect from jup aries.

currently ketu separative node transit inimical jup-moon-rahu impulsive aries 9th tending to distant lands, prone to pain-injury-surgery head-thighs-liver-heart-lungs-feet. rahu transit moon-ketu libra again impulsive and accident prone, taking to excessive risk taking.

sat transit natal sat sag 5th calling for long-term life decisions to impact next 30yrs. sat sag for law-justice.

hope the generic insights enable reflect-pick further, best wishes,

kshantaram

waybread

T42-- If people had no difficulty with decisions, nobody would consult an astrologer!

I think you are a magnetic personality, with your sun-Pluto conjunction and Mars-Venus in mutual reception. This is good for an actor. But unless you are in a major center like NYC or SoCal, you'd have to move to promote your career, anyway; and perhaps even then.

With your moon in the 9th house of "journeys over water" and a strong 3rd house (short-distance travel,) I would encourage you to consider applying for jobs further from home.) As a 4th house native, you probably do feel happiest in your home area. In any event, look for a sudden change in your career when transiting Uranus hits your MC and opposes your IC (4th house cusp of "home". With Uranus, we expect the unexpected in both your career and home.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

So basically I recently finished law school and took the bar, and am looking for attorney jobs.
However, the market for legal employment for someone with my qualifications is somewhat down (average school/gpa).
In a moment of frustration, I sent out my photo to a casting agent, was called in for an acting audition,
and now they want to send me out on a few other auditions but I would have to invest in headshots etc.
They basically want me to do this ASAP.
This is an opportunity nothing more
but it would take away time from my pursuit of some law related things.
Is it worth pursuing?

Any chances of career success in that area based on astrology ?
I'm so torn and confused, and can't decide what I should do.
I feel like I've already sacrificed so much of my time and life to law and don't want to waste/lose time on anything.
My instincts aren't telling me anything.
I tried horary but got a 0 ASC. Do transits/progressions indicate anything?
Should I do an election chart ( I have 0 experience with those).

Thanks for any advice!
Casting agencies are unreliable
they need plenty of people waiting around on their books
but have little tangible to offer
in return for the financial investment for headshots et al
and it is an insecure way of earning a living at best, even for the best

It was, as you have stated, an impulsive act.
keep in mind that you studied many years and obtained your qualification in Law :smile:

Your natal chart has Jupiter close to MC angle
and your career would involve JUPITERIAN THEMES associated with:
Judges
senators, councillors,
ecclesiastical men, bishops, priests, ministers, cardinals,
chancellors
doctors of the civil law
young scholars and students in a university or college
lawyers
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/jupiter_att.html

teafortwo

Casting agencies are unreliable
they need plenty of people waiting around on their books
but have little tangible to offer
in return for the financial investment for headshots et al
and it is an insecure way of earning a living at best, even for the best

It was, as you have stated, an impulsive act.
keep in mind that you studied many years and obtained your qualification in Law :smile:

Your natal chart has Jupiter close to MC angle
and your career would involve JUPITERIAN THEMES associated with:
Judges
senators, councillors,
ecclesiastical men, bishops, priests, ministers, cardinals,
chancellors
doctors of the civil law
young scholars and students in a university or college
lawyers
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/jupiter_att.html

Thank you so much for the response.

I know, with that jupiter I do love law, as difficult as it is. I don't want to drop it, since I do love it and want to be a lawyer after investing all that time and $$$$$. I wouldn't drop law, I would continue to look for a position as an attorney regardless as that is my primary goal atm, and yes, what I'm trained in. Basically, I wouldn't drop the legal field unless by some miracle I ran into steven spielberg and became the next J.Law or something lol.

My issue in whether to pursue this is at time /energy issue. Maybe my chart says I have no performance abilities and no chances of coming before the public in any way, even a small one...so then why bother? Heavy fourth house, not much going on in the top part of my chart..so I can't tell. I also very much don't want to waste their time if it this isn't a right choice for me at all.

I don't have a job yet, and I don't see many opportunities coming my way at the moment in the law field, there may be more things after bar results but right now its very quiet on that front, and I don't like sitting around.

I don't want to put energy into a dead end, if I could could spend that time/energy typing cover letters and mass mailing firms my resume / doing a (free :sad:) internship while I look for an entry level position. I'd do the internship even if I did get the headshots, and would still continue to look for legal work regardless...

Also, this isn't an agency, this is a casting associate who scouts people that may be suitable for audition openings that he has. After LS, I'm too skeptical/critical to pursue scams, and they aren't trying to put me on some roster or have me sign anything, or making any promises. I basically got the hook up for free headshots, and they aren't asking me to invest anything else except the time in doing the pictures, memorizing a few scripts and actually going to the auditions. It's kind of like "if we have work you we'll let you know." But no investment otherwise on my part besides time commitments.

But, want to get my life set up ASAP and don't wanna waste time on anything. So that's why I wanted to see if my chart could indicate any success in this area.

I'm getting the sense that law is obviously stronger, and I wouldn't drop it, but I don't see any clear answers that it would be a complete waste either. Might as well take my chances and see.

Also, I got this idea because my school was used as a shooting location for a film at one time, and I was sitting outside smoking before class and one of the managers came up to me and asked if I was one of the actors for the shoot. I lol'd and said "nah, i'm just a student here," and they said, "Oh well you have a look, you can make some money as an extra." But I didn't take it seriously and just forgot about it until recently.

Last edited:

teafortwo

what's the model agencies name?

not an agency, casting associate. Basically an assistant to a casting director. They get scripts from studios and look for people to fill the available roles and present them to the studios/producers who then make a choice. So for example, they might have a script and think "okay this person would fit this spot," and send that person out for an audition. Usually agents/agencies send them people, but I stumbled onto them directly. The associate screens people for the actual director, who then makes a final choice of who to show to the studio. They aren't your agent and don't necc. search for parts for you, but if you fit their needs they might reach out to you.

Last edited:

teafortwo

T42-- If people had no difficulty with decisions, nobody would consult an astrologer!

I think you are a magnetic personality, with your sun-Pluto conjunction and Mars-Venus in mutual reception. This is good for an actor. But unless you are in a major center like NYC or SoCal, you'd have to move to promote your career, anyway; and perhaps even then.

With your moon in the 9th house of "journeys over water" and a strong 3rd house (short-distance travel,) I would encourage you to consider applying for jobs further from home.) As a 4th house native, you probably do feel happiest in your home area. In any event, look for a sudden change in your career when transiting Uranus hits your MC and opposes your IC (4th house cusp of "home". With Uranus, we expect the unexpected in both your career and home.

Thanks again! I am in one of the major locations you described.

OOH, Uranus, yes I noticed that. I hope it isn't going to be a negative thing. Outer planets make me nervous, you never know. With that Saturn on Venus I've been having more issues with my mother than usual, but when it squared my moon a few years ago there were no problems!

Also, do you really think the mars-venus thing is good? I always thought my venus was horrible, in detriment and only out of sign aspects, and didn't think that signs in detriment could really help each other even with reception. I'll have to read into this.

teafortwo

venus highest deg scorpio 4th, sun-venus scorpio, the personality factor, research-occult aptitudes, reserved, sentimental, suspicious, magnetic personality.

sat sag 5th aptitude for law-justice, philosophical; pisces 9th again for law-justice, lord jupiter over the 10th for career also jup being lord 5th for luck-education-social status/position. sat lord 6th negating to the 5th negating employment prospects calling for independent practice perhaps. sat aspect own acq 7th supportive of career-vocation-business.

aries inimical for leo asc, moon-rahu and jup over aries, stress-delay in matters of luck-higher education, distant travels. mars aspect own aries protective same time. mars-ketu libra 3rd accident prone, impulsive.

mars elevated aspect over cap 6th supportive of employment prospects again.

mer retro 4th, lord 3rd for communications, better at written communications perhaps.

wonder whether inclined to legal research, legal writings, legal journalism, legal advisor, rather than an articulate lawyer. sat 5th sag could be involved with legal public admin/govt roles.

moon-rahu aries 9th aptitude for psychology, acting skills, able to hide personal emotions/camoflage, but moon-rahu over inimical aries, under stress-delay, moreover moon lord 12th over the 9th affecting luck etc, while could tend to foreign travels-pilgrimage, while could tend to rise-fall same time, calling for ancestor worship.

jup as lord 5/9 over the 10th could call for legal advisory roles, sat sag 5th also tending to law-justice, involved with legal research, and legal writings-journalism etc, may be being the judge rather than the lawyer.

moon-rahu acting skills but prone to rise-fall while being over inimical impulsive aries, mars-ketu libra 3rd too impulsive initiatives, while mer retro is better at written communications and not at articulation.

hope generic observations-inputs enable reflect further, and carve out an appropriate aptitude based career path ahead. could share specific ground feedbacks per return, usefulness of the reading etc.

wishing luck jup 10th though under stress-delay, jup trine leo asc for overall well-being, and trine sat-sag 5th protective of education-postion, law-justice, etc. sat aspecting own acq 7th good for career support, and mars elevated aspect over cap 6th promoting employment prospects. sat lord 6th over 5th affecting education-romance-children-position under stress, protected by trine aspect from jup aries.

currently ketu separative node transit inimical jup-moon-rahu impulsive aries 9th tending to distant lands, prone to pain-injury-surgery head-thighs-liver-heart-lungs-feet. rahu transit moon-ketu libra again impulsive and accident prone, taking to excessive risk taking.

sat transit natal sat sag 5th calling for long-term life decisions to impact next 30yrs. sat sag for law-justice.

hope the generic insights enable reflect-pick further, best wishes,

kshantaram

Thank you, I appreciate your input :). What does stress-delay mean, how does it play out usually?

muchacho

So basically I recently finished law school and took the bar, and am looking for attorney jobs. However, the market for legal employment for someone with my qualifications is somewhat down (average school/gpa). In a moment of frustration, I sent out my photo to a casting agent, was called in for an acting audition, and now they want to send me out on a few other auditions but I would have to invest in headshots etc. They basically want me to do this ASAP. This is an opportunity nothing more but it would take away time from my pursuit of some law related things. Is it worth pursuing? Any chances of career success in that area based on astrology ? I'm so torn and confused, and can't decide what I should do. I feel like I've already sacrificed so much of my time and life to law and don't want to waste/lose time on anything. My instincts aren't telling me anything. I tried horary but got a 0 ASC. Do transits/progressions indicate anything? Should I do an election chart ( I have 0 experience with those).

Thanks for any advice!
Although it looks more like law, you can have always both, you know. Why does it have to be either/or? That's a self-inflicted dilemma.

It sounds like this acting stuff worked out pretty effortlessly so far. Why not give it a try? With Leo rising and Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Aries, I imagine you must have at least a certain charisma. If not a career, it could be a lucrative hobby or something.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Thank you, I appreciate your input :). What does stress-delay mean, how does it play out usually?

thank you for the prompt thank you, the ack.

any other feedbacks on the details of the reading! if could share.

stress-delay means tension and delays in the process against
expectations, before and after, eitherways.

ks

teafortwo

thank you for the prompt thank you, the ack.

any other feedbacks on the details of the reading! if could share.

stress-delay means tension and delays in the process against
expectations, before and after, eitherways.

ks

Sorry for the delayed response, had a few things going on. I noticed you said legal advisor rather than articulate lawyer, I'm pretty well spoken but I guess maybe it means more of an advisory capacity than litigation, which is what I prefer. Also, I"m probably not as impulsive as may seem, I tend to over think a lot of things.

It seems there are a lot of stress delays in my chart. I'm not surprised, at the moment nothing seems to be where I want it to be so just feel lost.

Once again, really appreciate your comments and insights.