NBA, NFL, College Football

jmp454

Premium Member
Does anyone out there like to talk about some of the american sports that are highly bet on.... I too am new to this and have been having some success just reading the game charts ... i would like to post some examples and discuss ... so my question is how does one upload a chart to this site from solarfire?
thanks

dr. farr

I have been experimenting with predictive methods (for sports contests/games) since this past August: many promising techniques have fallen into the "no better than chance" result level, after running them over 100+ contests (games); however, there are 3 methods which I have experimented with which are holding a success-rate between 17 and 24% over more than 150 contests (so far) and a a 4th method holding around a 7-8% success rate on the same number of contests: I shall provide more and updated information on these if they can hold around a 20% success rate when surpassing 200 contests.

I will say this: upon testing against numerous contests, the published techniques I am familiar with fall down to about chance when the number of test games approaches 100 or so (often these methods look good when tested against 20 to 60 or 80 contests, but then fade toward the no-better-than-chance result level when the number of test contests increase)

shawn

just made a small wager on tonite's poinsettia bowl, featuring BYU vs San Diego ST to go over the total of 45.5. most of the wagering has been on the under so far, as the line has dropped from 49.
i ran noon charts for both of the head coaches and probable starting qb's and positioned them around a chart calculated for the predictable end of game time.
my judgement is that there is a sufficient amount of influence from Jupiter and Uranus to indicate a fairly high scoring game with numerous big scoring plays.
san diego state's coach ends the game as his natal jupiter is setting. while BYU qb riley nelson will have natal jupiter near culmination at this time.
i am banking that both teams will combine for enough points to push this game over the total of 45.5.

dr. farr

Final combined score, 29: I have not applied my several experimental predictive contest/sports models to over/under propositions-Shawn's application seems interesting!

shawn

missed the mark on last nite's bowl game as i ran into one of the occupational hazards of my technique...namely, i had the wrong starting quarterback for BYU. riley nelson only played about 3 snaps in the second quarter and his last throw resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown, which was called back because of an unnecessary penalty during the return. i was hoping that he would get another chance, but he spent the rest of the nite on the sideline.

undaunted, i have placed a small wager on ball st plus 7 in tonite's beef o brady bowl. i have a similar problem with this game at the qb position as ball st qb keith wenning's status is unknown and i do not have a dob for central fla qb blake bortles.
i am picking ball st to either win or at least cover the point spread based on their coach, pete lembo's chart, which features his natal MA / NE OPP culminating around the end of game time. this tight opposition amounts to a sort of paran, a powerful aspect.
i am projecting bad luck for central florida as their coach, george oleary, is receiving a temporary yod from the transiting SU / NE SXT to his natal saturn.
decided not to wager on the over 61.5 prop because neither coach has an angular jupiter, although both coaches are receiving aspects to N JU. i think ball st has a chance to win the game and i project an upset 31 - 30.

Wames

^Thanks Shawn! I hope you are right. The MAC was a pretty tough conference this season with alot of parity. I'd like to see the teams do well in their bowls (including a possible BCS win!).

Later tonight I want to post an event chart for the Washington vs Boise State match-up tomorrow in the Las Vegas Bowl at 3:30pm. I think that will be one heck of a game! :happy:

dr. farr

By my experimental methods (2 of them anyway) I can't make a choice either way:

-Method 1 (involving evaluation of significators), using 1st house for the team with the higher ranking (Boise) and the 7th for the other team (Washington), looking at significators Mercury and Jupiter, in my evaluation each has 2+ and 2- testimonies

-Method 2 (involving relationships of significators with the Lot of Mars), I also get equal testimonies involving the significators.

So, for me at least, I would have to pass on this game ("no action"), using my experimental methods.

shawn

not much drama in last nite's game as the ball st cardinals were never in any danger of winning!
maybe i should have considered that cardinal coach lembo is obviously in the throes of his mid life crisis as he is getting T SA OPP N SA and T UR OPP N UR. too bad that i do not have a dob for ucf qb, bortles who dominated.

weighing in on today's las vegas bowl, i have the same problem as the last 2 games in that i have no dob's for the 2 qb's.
analyzing the coaches charts reveals that boise st coach, chris petersen is getting the helpful T ME TRN N MA, SXT N ME and also a T SQ to N VE from the current transit of VE OPP JU.
washington coach, steve sarkisian ends the game with N JU culminating in the first degree of pisces and so it received the sextile from T SU yesterday. that aspect now separates by over one degree, decreasing it's significance. he is also getting the partile first qtr square from T MA to N UR, so i cannot wager on his team.
my best guess on this one is that washington will commit enough turnovers to essentially hand the game to boise st. slight lean to the over 44 total points prop based on the angular jupiter in sarkisian's chart, but petersen's jupiter is aspected only by the OPP from T NO in the infamous 25th degree of taurus. let's hope he doesn't "lose his head" over the outcome of this game.
there is more action on the under 44 prop as the number has dropped from 46
note to Wames: the game chart you ran is for the beginning of the game EST. if you want to see the start of the game in vegas, you must use the local time of 12:30 pm. otherwise, you can use the chart you ran to approximate end of game conditions.

also taking a look at the new orleans bowl this morning featuring e carolina vs louisiana lafayette playing in their home state where they have sold over 20,000 tickets, giving them a distinct home field advantage. they will be sky high for this contest which should be interesting and entertaining as their coach, mark hudspeth is getting the first qtr T SU SQR N MA / UR CON. i cannot bet on his team to cover the 6.5 point spread as favorites because of this and so in looking at e carolina coach, ruffin mcneil's chart we see that he is getting the helpful T ME SXT N ME, TRN N UR and he will also be receiving a paran or near paran as N MA rises at about the same time as N UR anticulminates about half an hour or so after my projected end of game time, although this game may run long because of lots of scoring. the totals prop has risen from 64.5 to 67.5 but i cannot recommend the over because there is not enough angular jupiter for my taste.
i will make a small wager on e carolina plus 6.5 points despite the first qtr sqr of T MO to N SA for e carolina qb shane carden who ends the game with a paran or near paran of saturn and pluto. cajuns qb terrance broadway's chart features T SU CON N NO while T MO TRN N NO, applying by over one degree each. also getting T SU SQR N ME and T MA SQR N SU, both 3rd qtr squares.

Wames

Oops, thanks Shawn. I deleted the post above. Here's the new chart. Boise State vs Washington

Boise State colors - orange and dark blue
Washington colors - purple and gold

Asc ruler - Mars in Cap
Desc ruler - Venus in Sag

Mars vs Venus. Deep dark & intense colors vs the softer gentler Venus. I am unsure (again) about this according to the color scheme. But I am going to go with Mars (Asc ruler) for Boise State and Venus (Dsc ruler) for Washington. Venus (purple) connection for Washington and softer because of the white jerseys. This also fits as the favorite in this game (Boise State) being the Asc ruler too.

Mars in Capricorn is exalted and in the 10th house. Venus in Sag doesn't have any essential dignity but it is the dispositer of the Moon (in Taurus). The Moon's last aspect is a trine to Mars. And the POF trines the ASC from the 5th house. I am going to go with Boise State for the win with this chart based on its exalted condition, the Moon's last aspect and the Moon applying conjunction to the ASC in 8 degrees.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_499_boise_state_vs_washington_60882_30214.gif
    astro_2gw_499_boise_state_vs_washington_60882_30214.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 24

shawn

nice recovery on the corrected chart, wames and i will follow you on this play with a slight twist. i will make a small wager on boise st minus 3 points for the first half only. this is based on broncos coach petersen's natal jupiter rising at or around the end of the first half. this is also a recommended play from professional handicapper bryan leonard at www.pregame.com .

dr. farr

Boise state won, by 2 points (not enough to cover the spread)-game was very close, perhaps that's why, with my methods, I couldn't go for one or the other ("no action"); even from the corrected time chart, I got Boise state as winner from Method 1, and Washington as winner from Method 2, which would have led me to a "no action" determination regarding this game...

Last edited:

shawn

boise st vs wash was a perfect example of how hard it is to pick winners versus the point spread. even tho wames and i both predicted the winner of the game, boise st, they failed to cover the point spread by a couple points or so
the point spread winner of the new orleans bowl was also decided in the last moments as lafayette kicked the unnecessary field goal to go up by 9 with 3 seconds left. any coach who says he doesn't know what the point spread is is lying, and this one was 6.5.
managed to right the ship with the easy winner on the falcons and my picks for tomorrow include rams plus 3, saints plus 2.5, vikings plus 7.5 niners plus 1, also like the packers, patriots and colts to win their games even tho i have no opinion on the point spreads.

dr. farr

Right about spreads: when wagering with bookmakers, in sports, we have about a 2.5 to 3% negative expectation (due to the point spreads) Therefore any predictive method must have a net "success rate" (over time) significantly over that margin, in order to be profitable. However, if we are looking at astrological prediction results per se (as a test of astrological applications), then of course we would not need to factor in this 2.5 - 3% negative expectation, since our concern would not be with obtaining profits from our investigation. (In my case, though, with the testing of various models, I am looking for financial gain:surprised:)

shawn

looking for big things from the vikings at houston today as coach frazier ends the game with a paran of natal jupiter and uranus. same story for drew brees at dallas and i expect him to put up over 30 points on the cowboys.
also liking the rams as coach fisher ends the game with his natal MC culminating. same story for coach jim harbaugh and his niners as i have timed birth charts for these 2 coaches. i expect these 4 underdogs to win their games today, or at least cover the point spread.

Nibarurising89

looking for big things from the vikings at houston today as coach frazier ends the game with a paran of natal jupiter and uranus. same story for drew brees at dallas and i expect him to put up over 30 points on the cowboys.
also liking the rams as coach fisher ends
the game with his natal MC culminating. same story for coach jim harbaugh and his niners as i have timed birth charts for these 2 coaches. i expect these 4 underdogs to win their games today, or at least cover the point spread.

Hey I was just wondering how you get the natal,charts for the head coach I am currently looking for gus Bradley's natal chart and was wondering if anyone had his and or blake bortles

shawn

i have a few timed charts for coaches and players that i got from my friend, courtney. otherwise, i cast noon charts for these guys based on their info at wikipedia.
check out courtney's website for more info on her research. courtney roberts.

So you are not using horary methods to handicap games?

Nibarurising89

i have a few timed charts for coaches and players that i got from my friend, courtney. otherwise, i cast noon charts for these guys based on their info at wikipedia.
check out courtney's website for more info on her research. courtney roberts.

So you are not using horary methods to handicap games?

Thanks shawn, so my father is thr astrologer i am just learning, he mainly does astrometorology but i have heen asking him to do the game charts. We have dont a game chart using the time and location of the game and also question charts any input or advice woyld be super helpful.