Natal saturn square - life has come to a halt

star2858

Saturn rules my 9th house of education, 10th of career and is in sagitarrious in my 7th house (Scorpio).

Saturn started squaring natally in March this year. I am 21 years old. I had exams to prepare for.
Just finished a law degree a month ago. Exams done.

But life now has come to a halt. I used to be a popular, recognised and talented law student. It felt like i was living in the clouds then. The last 3 years were amazing. I currently work as a waitress (*****) and i'm hard done for money. Things are hard and i've had to defer education for a year due to the recession. Things have been difficult to deal with. I have had to hit a harsh reality.

When this saturn transit first appeared, i entered into a relationship. I knew it was risky, given that saturn was in my 7th house of relationships but i took it anyway. It's been going well so far and we only had a few issues due to secrets being revealed and stuff.

I'm getting my exam results on Monday. They will either make me or break me.

I hope things go well, i did very well last year and the results are out on roughly the same day each yr.

Does anyone have any experiences of saturn squaring natally? How did it feel? And what about afterwards?

Here are the transits for me:-

Attachments

• Transit.jpg
    Transit.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Lin

The important thing here is to realize first, to NOT take it personally. Worldwide recession is out of your control. Next, Saturn is moving on and will be off your back, at least in this particular way, soon.
You are young, and whatever happens, you can still be an attorney. I've known many people who become attorneys after 30, after finanacial crashes, after becoming parents, .... at 25 or 30 or even older. Saturn DELAYS.... it doesn NOT deny. YOu are experiencing the following:

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences us."

I said that...about 25 years ago. I experienced it. I saw it in the lives of clients, and I realize that all you need is to keep your eye on your goal and not to let temporary hardship keep you from your success.

You mayhave to work harder when things get back to normal, but the life of an attorney, at least the life after passing the bar exam is rough... sometimes for 3 or more years before the real benefits start coming in. But if you want it enough, you can do it.

All of us have Saturn squares at some point, and you are having a Saturn t-square... we all feel diminished and deflated and depressed during these. But Saturn is the TESTER and will make you stronger.
LIN

Last edited:
Yes BUT T saturn is going through your 4th house in Equal house system and will conj your Venus in approx August. It's also conj 5th house cusp and prob has lot effect on romance, recreational matters etc.

Also your venus squares saturn natally from 4th to 7th. Quite often this will break a relationship and you will prob be quite short of money also.

What happend when T uranus opp natal venus in March? was this when you met this person? was it sudden and started quickly? T uranus does retrograde back to 22'42" so may not affect you too much in December 09.

Lin

Just wondering how "star2858" did on her tests.
If you are still watching this site, please tell us, and be patient as Saturn has a few more months of the conjunctions and square before moving on. When Saturn does move on it will be a great weight lifting off you.
LIN

star2858

Just wondering how "star2858" did on her tests.
If you are still watching this site, please tell us, and be patient as Saturn has a few more months of the conjunctions and square before moving on. When Saturn does move on it will be a great weight lifting off you.
LIN

I graduated with a 2.1 My individual marks were very good, surprisingly. Saturn did not let me down there. I think it is because natally, my moon trines Saturn exactly.

I just got a great job at a law firm, very lucky for me in this recession. I got it the week after saturn stopped squaring. Pluto has started trining jupiter. The last time i had this transit, i was a very recognised and well-respected law student (reached the finals of an advocacy competition). This transit always seems to help my career somehow :happy:

No longer short of money either!

I think the 5th house impact is great right now, have a boyfriend for the first time in three years.

Lin

I'm happy for you that things have lightened up...and especially that you got the job. Think about what the Saturn transit taught you and remember it's not quite over yet.
LIN

samsum78

Yes I can understand what you are going through I have Saturn conjunct MC square Asc natally.

I have always noticed major "slow and sluggish" changes when saturn transits any of the center houses (1, 4, 7, 10).

I just had my saturn return and saturn opp moon in the 10th. From what I have experienced, do what you have to do during this time. Saturn square Saturn for me was also very sluggish. You want things to move but you kind of feel that heavy energy which you can't do much about.

Its hard on relationships too and best is to take it slowly. Usually saturn's transit to the center houses brings that energy into the limelight and requires patience. It always aspects the relationship sector and life can feel like a drag.

My best advise is do what you have to do, but have patience. It will pass. Its some kind of a maturity, learning curve process for the soul.

star2858

I'm a bit older than you, and my saturn is a bit farther in Sag, at 20 degrees. I've also got a moon aspect with it (conjunction, rather than trine). And I have Venus connected into the bunch as well (in Capricorn, semi-sextile the moon/Saturn).

I am currently experiencing the square (it went exact for the final time (THANK GOD!!!) a week ago). I have been feeling a lot of the same things as you were--frustration at circumstances, stuck, and for one of the first times, underachieving. All I can say is, I hope it lifts like it did for you!!!!!

Saturn transits can often be learning curves. I think that they open up your mind a little so that after the transit passes, you are a little more open-minded than you were before. You have more experience.

I hope that the transit lifts for you. I know that people say that saturn transits can disturb relationships, but i met 'the one' when saturn was just about start squaring (but then saturn is in my 7th house).

The saturn square was a time when i lost a dream but i got something in return. It was all a lesson. A lesson where the result was a good one. It brought me down-to-earth.

Mist Knacker

My Saturn square was only a single pass. It occurred on the second week of July 2006 (in geo.) during a Mercury Rx period but in helio, started on third week of May. I found that month to be somewhat hard but not as difficult as the first half of that year. That month was when things actually started to improve some. Saturn was also trine my natal Moon and Uranus during this period.

Main thing of note I did during this aspect was that I did a body recomposition regimen, which I later gave up on in the second week of August due to a relapse of depression that month (which I attributed to some of the supplements I was taking then). I ordered this bodybuilding supplement stack and did a couple logs on them on bodybuilding.com. I also started the regimen on a Mercury Rx, so this played a part.

I was also going through my Saturn Square Sun transit during this same year. This transit began on September 2005 and ended on June 2006. The transit was a tough one. I'd attribute much of the difficulties I had in 2006 to this Saturn/Sun square, the Uranus square, Neptune squaring my prog. Mars, and probably Saturn squaring my Mars, to a lesser degree, as fall of 2006 was a bit rough as well, though not as bad as the first half of the year.

The retrograde pass of the Saturn/Sun square transit in late January 2006 marked a relapse of my bipolar depression, and as a result, I had to be out of work again, and my studies got interrupted as well. I had to withdraw from 2 classes. In fall of 2005, I had thought I had gotten the condition well-treated, but in late January, things took a turnaround. This was triggered when I was at school and doing something with the transmission on my car (I was in the automotive program at a technical college). This resulted in messing up the transmission on my car, and I was without my car for a few months as it had to get fixed. I was so devastated by this. Due to the relapse, I went on a Leave of Absence from work. During this time, we increased my Lexapro. I also had to withdraw from two classes since I has missed too many days from them.

Saturn makes hard aspects to both my luminaries; Sun by contra-parallel and Moon by quincunx. I believe I got something out of the Saturn Square Saturn transit as it was during this time when I reformed my driving habits (e.g. no longer speeding, etc.; now have a flawless driving record again). I'm not as sure about the Saturn Square Sun.

gemini59

Too the last square or the applying square is different than the separating square. The applying square is about the final challenge before you reach a new cycle. It often brings a demand to adapt to new situations. There is a need to let go or to radically change old structures and attitudes. Resistance at this point can lead to collapse at the next conjunction.The separating square, as saturn first leaves itself, it the first real test to what ever is signified by what was begun at the conjunction. I too am in the midst of a saturn square as it approaches an applying square from my 7th house. And it is no wonder, and thank goodness I read this, that I began to feel so 'imprisoned' today. But of course the moon and pluto are also squaring the transiting saturn maybe demanding a transformation.

Lin

Just want to add, Star, that Merc rules your house of money and is squared by Neptune. You need to be very conscious of the way you spend, and you need to both budget and save...because with Neptune having power over your money house you just never know when the rug will be pulled from under you.
BUDGET & Save....get into that habit now.

LIN