Natal Mars in Cancer

Moondancing

Premium Member
I always speak my mind. If someone is disrespectful or hostile towards me, this is when I back away. It’s not the silent treatment though. It’s boundaries, and saving my sanity. 🙌🏼
Many times the anger wasn't towards me but of his own perceptions. One time he want to go to a party some 20 miles away but it was snowing and predicting to get worse. I decided to stay home. Soon he came back inside and need a push because he got stuck in the snow before even leaving the parking lot. Once back inside he went straight to bed for the rest of the night. I'm thinking "what did I do?" Anyway I just sank in my bean bag chair, put on the headphones and listened to Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys, enjoyed my evening. It wasn't like he was going to be there anyway. lol

But I can see his 'actions' were to not take it out on me where p/a is meant to put you in your place? Still mulling it about. TY for your feedback!

david starling

Sounds like he was throwing an adult temper tantrum. 😹 Did you laugh when he got stuck in the snow? I totally would have. 😅
‘Looks like you’ve got yourself in a bit of a pickle here, husband!’ ❄️☃️

I’m glad that you didn’t internalize it. It sounds like you didn’t let it get to you too much?

I’m not very patient with people who behave passive aggressively. Right away, I will call them out, ‘that was a bit passive aggressive.’

My ex-partner was very passive aggressive. Even when I would call her out, she would still behave passive aggressively. Then, she’d brood, and this brooding would last hours and could ruin an entire day (she had a Scorpio ~stellium). I nearly lost my sanity in that relationship. I still love her and I wish her the best, but I need someone who is forthright and assertive. I think she’d do well with someone who’s passive - which I don’t mean as an insult. I don’t and I won’t tolerate passive aggressive behaviours. Otherwise, I start to feel ragey, and my First House Pluto gets overstimulated.

Is p/a public attention?

De rien. 😌

Here's a fun one, if someone is stubborn and ends up making a mistake--

"So, and what have we learned today?". :lol:

david starling

Many times the anger wasn't towards me but of his own perceptions. One time he want to go to a party some 20 miles away but it was snowing and predicting to get worse. I decided to stay home. Soon he came back inside and need a push because he got stuck in the snow before even leaving the parking lot. Once back inside he went straight to bed for the rest of the night. I'm thinking "what did I do?" Anyway I just sank in my bean bag chair, put on the headphones and listened to Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys, enjoyed my evening. It wasn't like he was going to be there anyway. lol

But I can see his 'actions' were to not take it out on me where p/a is meant to put you in your place? Still mulling it about. TY for your feedback!

That's called "sulking".

Moondancing

Premium Member
Sounds like he was throwing an adult temper tantrum. 😹 Did you laugh when he got stuck in the snow? I totally would have. 😅
‘Looks like you’ve got yourself in a bit of a pickle here, husband!’ ❄️☃️

I’m glad that you didn’t internalize it. It sounds like you didn’t let it get to you too much?

I’m not very patient with people who behave passive aggressively. Right away, I will call them out, ‘that was a bit passive aggressive.’

My most recent ex-partner was very passive aggressive. Even when I would call her out, she would still behave passive aggressively. Then, she’d brood, and this brooding would last hours and could ruin an entire day (she had a Scorpio ~stellium). I nearly lost my sanity in that relationship. I still love her and I wish her the best, but I need someone who is forthright and assertive. I think she’d do well with someone who’s passive - which I don’t mean as an insult. I don’t and I won’t tolerate passive aggressive behaviours. Otherwise, I start to feel ragey, and my First House Pluto gets overstimulated.

Is p/a public attention?

De rien. 😌
No, I didn't laugh. I could see he was upset. But I remember thinking what have I got myself into? P/A was short for passive/aggressive.

You did good to move on. Missed a bullet! Makes you sad to think how much they miss in their relationships. Like Opal's mother missing out knowing and sharing a closeness with a beautiful daughter.

Ukpoohbear

The old JupiterAsc smile!

"Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion.". :smile:

Yeah, it’s good to take behaviour from people you admire and utilise it for yourself.

Another eg, I found the way Katydid’s Mars in Capricorn behaved as indeed exalted. There was a dignity to it.

About Mars in general: I think some Mars sign’s can be too focused or emotional on winning or scoring points that they ‘lose their head’ and concentrate too much on the battle and don’t realise they lost the war because the behaviour was lacking in dignity.

I have a friend who has Mars in Virgo conjunct Pluto and Uranus and he is a veritable well of information on how to conduct yourself in a fight situation: he says he feels tranquil. I think a water Mars is too emotional. I am interested now to learn about Mars in Scorpio since it is also watery but not in fall.

david starling

Here's a couple more J.A.isms

"Generalisations are fun, but notoriously unreliable!" :smile:

And, my favourite

"If I haven't annoyed you yet, please be patient. I'll get around to it as soon as possible." :smile:

Ukpoohbear

It’s one placement. Someone’s Mars in the element of water does not make them emotional. If they had a lot of their personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, etc.) in the element of water, then this could make them emotional.

Of course, the overall chart will determine how a person will conduct themselves but I was specifically talking about different types of Mars signs act.

Opal

Premium Member

Good album!

Opal

Premium Member
It’s funny there are aspects that would alter any placement, and if it is pointed out that say Pluto or Jupiter or any other entity may affect the normal it is considered defensive and ridiculed, instead of recognized. That is how aspecting planets work, yet apparently we are being told it doesn’t for Mars in Cancer. It is this, because it is, no other placements would soften or harden it.

An Aries Mercury, would be recognized as communicating differently about Mars in Cancer than say a Libra Mercury, or a Pisces Mercury. Then what else aspects the Mercury?

Three of us Mars Cancers have strong Pluto’s here, mine aspects Cancer, is the second strongest planet in my chart.

Should it be ignored?

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Moving forward, I would like the discussion in this thread to remain consistent with its original purpose: to hear about how other natal Mars in Cancer folk have experienced their natal Mars being in Cancer.

Hi all :joyful:,

I’m wondering about how other natal Mars in Cancer folk have experienced their Mars being in Cancer.

I appreciate other members sharing their perspective(s) on natal Mars in Cancer, however the purpose of this thread was/is to hear about people's experiences of having their natal Mars in Cancer. I should have redirected the thread back to its original purpose about 5 pages ago.
No hard feelings to those who I've disagreed with in this thread. Only hurt feelings that may result in me staying in my crab shell for the rest of my existence. 😞

Thank you in advance! ❤️

Last edited:

tinat

@tinat

I like what you said about being too lazy to bother, I find that I can be, but then others push further and further, then the claws have to come out.😁

Can’t always look the other way, that’s called doormat, that’s not going to happen. Doesn’t sit well with Pluto.
Over the years i've learnt that you can't change people so I choose where i will give a ****. But I feel you cos im that person who is always in trouble with someone(in the store,in the gas station etc). It seems like im a magnet to fools who try to harass me for no reason and then i snap.

Opal

Premium Member
Over the years i've learnt that you can't change people so I choose where i will give a ****. But I feel you cos im that person who is always in trouble with someone(in the store,in the gas station etc). It seems like im a magnet to fools who try to harass me for no reason and then i snap.
Where is your Mercury?

What are your dominant planets?

Please 😁

Moondancing

Premium Member
Moving forward, I would like the discussion in this thread to remain consistent with its original purpose: to hear about how other natal Mars in Cancer folk have experienced their natal Mars being in Cancer.

I appreciate other members sharing their perspective(s) on natal Mars in Cancer, however the purpose of this thread was/is to hear about people's experiences of having their natal Mars in Cancer. I should have redirected the thread back to its original purpose about 5 pages ago.
No hard feelings to those who I've disagreed with in this thread. Only hurt feelings that may result in me staying in my crab shell for the rest of my existence. 😞

Thank you in advance! ❤️
People who are in relationship with Mars in Cancer have their experiences, especially when they make aspects to your personal planets. I enjoyed katydid's professional/personal insights and information she brought to the table and found them quite valid. Shame it became heated but Mars energy can be that way.

For consideration 🤗