my moms life span? she has kidney and liver disease. please help

nicolexoxox

My mom was admitted to the ER March 14th due to her having cirrhosis and kidney issues, that resulted in her having sepsis, an irregular heartbeat and a bladder infection.
She recently got sick again due to her diet since her body also struggles to process sugar, resulting her needing a diabetic diet.
She is needed to be admitted again to the ER, per the doctors requests based on her blood work and urine sample she took last night at the ER.
Therefore, I am scared and worried for her future and needs at this time. I am 23 years old, currently a senior in college where as the responsibility of this solely is on my hand and choices.
Will she be okay? Is it possible to see if her health will decline from this, and possibly see the outcome of whether or not she has more time to live?
Any analysis or thoughts on this would be very appreciative, thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 4.22.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 4.22.26 PM.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 4.22.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 4.22.31 PM.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

waybread

I am so sorry about your mother's health. I don't do death predictions. In my universe, such questions are best left in God's hands.

Obviously now is a good time to be with your mother as much as you can, and to let her know you love her. Your mother's health care should be a joint discussion between you, her, and her doctors.

If it's any consolation, the moon has just moved beyond its conjunction with Saturn, suggesting some improvement.

nicolexoxox

I am so sorry about your mother's health. I don't do death predictions. In my universe, such questions are best left in God's hands.

Obviously now is a good time to be with your mother as much as you can, and to let her know you love her. Your mother's health care should be a joint discussion between you, her, and her doctors.

If it's any consolation, the moon has just moved beyond its conjunction with Saturn, suggesting some improvement.
You're right! I appreciate hearing that. Thank you for this needed reminder. :cry:

Rhys

My mom was admitted to the ER March 14th due to her having cirrhosis and kidney issues, that resulted in her having sepsis, an irregular heartbeat and a bladder infection.
She recently got sick again due to her diet since her body also struggles to process sugar, resulting her needing a diabetic diet.
She is needed to be admitted again to the ER, per the doctors requests based on her blood work and urine sample she took last night at the ER.
Therefore, I am scared and worried for her future and needs at this time. I am 23 years old, currently a senior in college where as the responsibility of this solely is on my hand and choices.
Will she be okay? Is it possible to see if her health will decline from this, and possibly see the outcome of whether or not she has more time to live?
Any analysis or thoughts on this would be very appreciative, thank you.
Hi Nicole,

I realize this post was from last September. In fact, questions such as these were quite commonly asked in the renaissance. Astrologers from this period were not shy about questions relating to death. William Lilly (an astrologer from the renaissance who wrote an important textbook on horary called "Christian Astrology) wrote on it extensively.

The answer to your question is probably known now. But if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to use Lilly's rules to see what the chart you cast said. However, I will only do this with your permission.

Let me know.

Best regards - Rhys

nicolexoxox

Hi Nicole,

I realize this post was from last September. In fact, questions such as these were quite commonly asked in the renaissance. Astrologers from this period were not shy about questions relating to death. William Lilly (an astrologer from the renaissance who wrote an important textbook on horary called "Christian Astrology) wrote on it extensively.

The answer to your question is probably known now. But if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to use Lilly's rules to see what the chart you cast said. However, I will only do this with your permission.

Let me know.

Best regards - Rhys
yes i would appreciate that, you can! thank you

Rhys

yes i would appreciate that, you can! thank you
You know, I was thinking about it last night. I think that the root of this question was, "Will my Mom get better? and if so, when?" (Please don't tell us what happened yet!) I'll look at it with that in mind.

Btw, ancient and traditional astrology had extensive methods for determining length of life, and it is true they can give us strong indications, but in modern times with the wonders of modern medicine and techniques, life threatening situations can often be cured, whereas until relatively recently, they couldn't. An example of this would be a burst appendix or severe gall stones.

All to say that a length of life analysis these days will more often than not point to a dire health condition that will need immediate attention, rather than death.

So for your chart, we would want to look at the sixth house of illness and other significators of health for the answer to your question, which was "Will she be OK?"

I'll get to this in the coming days. But if anyone else would like to share their thoughts on this chart before I do (get to it...) please go right ahead! :)

Rhys

I had a chance to look at the chart, here it is in its original or radical form:

Will Mom Get Better - radical.jpg

Nicole is the querent and is represented by the Moon in the ninth house. Already we see that the universe is responding accurately to the question in that the ninth house is the house of higher learning. Nicole is a university student. So we have the right chart here!

The significator for Nicole's mother is the ruler of the tenth house, which traditionally is Jupiter. We use traditional rulers in horary.

Because the question concerns the mother, we must turn the chart in order to find out whether Mom will get better or not, so to see things clearly, we will make the tenth house the first house.

Here is the same chart with the radical 10th house occupying the first house position:

Will Mom Get Better-turned 10th.jpg

We note the following things:
  • Jupiter representing Mom is lightly dignified by term/bound in the 2nd turned house.
  • The sixth house is the significator of the illness and is in Virgo, whose ruler we find virurently strong by domicile and exaltation in the sixth house.
  • The Sun, which is the signifier of health and vitality is in fall in H7, co-present with Mars in detriment conjunct the Moon's south node.
  • The Moon in the turned chart is the co-signifier for Mom which we find conjunct the 12th house cusp conjunct with Saturn, also at the 12th house cusp. The 12th house represents confinement, isolation, hospitals.
  • Jupiter (Mom) is separating by retrograde from a trine with the disease (represented by Mercury).
  • The Moon is translating light from Saturn (ruling the treatment in the turned chart) to its sextile with Jupiter (Mom).
  • The turned chart is at 29°, which indicates the situation is about to change.
In medical charts, House 1 is the patient and her body, the sixth house represents the illness, the seventh house represents the doctor, H8 represents death/trauma/worrying situations, the tenth house represents the treatment and whether it is successful or not,

There are worrying factors in this chart. The signifier for the disease is much stronger than the signifiers for the patient. Mercury, the ruler of H6 is wildly strong. Mars, the traditional ruler of Scorpio, rules the house of death. Mars is a malefic in bad condition, i.e. likely to do bad things, alongside the feeble Sun and the negative south node. That we find these negative indications in the house of the doctor suggests that it would be a good idea to get a second opinion or change doctor, something isn't right there. With the ruler of the eighth house in the seventh, it is as though the chart were saying that this doctor will be the death of the patient!

When we look at the tenth house of treatment, finding Pluto in this house and it (H10) being ruled by Saturn, which rules the eighth house in the radical chart and in any case is a general significator of death, would indicate that the treatment being given at the time the chart was cast was not helping the patient and in fact was life-threatening.

Jupiter (Mom) is strongly receiving Saturn in this chart (Jupiter rules the sign that Saturn is in). It is a s though Jupiter has invited Saturn into her house, and Saturn does NOT have good intentions.

Finally, we see that the Ascendant isq at 29°, which means the situation is about to change. So how will it change? For the better, or for the worse?

Well, the Ascendant will move from Pisces to Aries, which the domicile of Mars. Mars is in bad condition in this chart, so we can expect a change for the worse.

So what is the final judgement? According to this chart, there is definitely a high danger of mortality.

If I had judged this chart when it was cast, I would have said that in order to prevent a deterioration of your mother's condition, she needed to change her doctor and her diet immediately. Diet because the H6 is in Virgo, which rules digestion. The doctor because of the negative seventh house activity and the tenth house indications that the treatment wasn't doing Mother any good, in fact, quite the reverse. That Jupiter is separating from the trine with Mercury is the one positive indicator in this chart; it shows your mother is putting up a fight against the disease on some level. The retrograde lasts a long time and will still be in effect when the Ascendant changes to Aries.

So that's what I got from the chart. If anyone has an alternate opinion, let us know!

Nicole, maybe give it a day for folks to respond, and then let us know what actually happened. I hope that everything worked out well for your Mom.

Kind regards - Rhys

waybread

Nicole, wishing you and your mother all the best, whatever the outcome.

Rhys's analysis looks to me to be very skilled and thorough, although an astrologer contacted via an Internet forum is not on-site and seldom will have medical credentials.

One thing that Rhys mentioned that came up with a noted horary astrology author, J. Lee Lehman, is that the traditional techniques of death prediction were developed centuries ago, when there were few cures for health problems. Today it makes more sense to say that a condition does/does not seem life threatening.

Sometimes patients are ready to let go. Regardless, birth and death are in God's hands (however one defines divine consciousness.)

Rhys

Rhys's analysis looks to me to be very skilled and thorough, although an astrologer contacted via an Internet forum is not on-site and seldom will have medical credentials.
Absolutely, waybread!

I studied with Lee Lehman, who teaches medical astrology. One thing she is careful to underline is that astrologers are NOT authorized to prescribe, for we are not medical professionals. Lee's doctorate in not in medicine, so she is very careful about this, as am I.

Astrologers can identify what the chart says on the level of what GENERALLY ails the patient (e.g. a hot and dry disease or perhaps a cold and wet one), whether or not the querent needs to see a medical professional, and if they are already seeing one, if the treatment is correct, if the doctor is a good one, if the disease will be a short or long one, and, if indicated by the chart, to seek a second opinion, or to determine if the disease is likely to get better or not.

On the basis of this, if necessary, the astrologer can recommend that the querent seek treatment, or as in the case above, a different doctor and a different treatment.

But an astrologer who is not a medical professional has no business prescribing a specific treatment, an herb or medicine of any kind unless they are trained and licensed to do so.