My first serious horary question - urgent!

mystic777

Hello Fellow Astrologers,

This is my first time post and really the first time I have really thought about tryng to get to grips with horary. I've studied astrology over the years but never really worked on horary; from the previous posts it looks so much fun!

But I've got a serious question that now really needs answering. As per the rules I'll give it a go but really don't know quite where to start and need help with trying to answering it.

The problem is this. I have a friend (a couple in fact) but last year one of them (the lady) was being compelled against her Will by a close mutual 'Brother' using occult techniques. It would appear he was trying to get her to have an affair (including bullying her at work by phoning all the time) and steal her away from my other friend. My friends, who are both my spiritual brother and sister, have been a couple for over 20 years even though unmarried). One way or another the threat was stopped (but only after my male friend nearly had a complete mental breakdown).

It seems though that she has started to become infatuated with this other guy. This time it is even more serious - she has told my other friend that their relationship is not working and wants to try having a relationship with this other man. She seems utterly confused because on the one hand she doesn't really know why she wants to leave my friend and on the other she just seems to want to join this guy for no apparent reason - just for a change of scene!

So, my question is: is she being compelled through his Will to go to him and break up her 20 year friendship for no reason? We all have a mystical/occult background so it is possible.

I imagine that I (the querent is attributed to Sag). Asc is in an early to mid degree so perhaps it is too early to say, or perhaps it will become clearer later.

My friend is either ruled by the 7th or the 3rd house ruler. If 7th then she is in the 8th house of Occultism. 7th house ruler is Merc. and she happens to be Virgo Sun natally so maybe.

The matter is an 8th or 12th house question I guess but I don't know where to go from there. 8th house ruler (Moon) in own natural house but in Aries - but is in angular house. Hmm. 12th house ruler (Mars - ruler of will) is in 9th (far off places - this guy lives some way away from either my friends or me). Any further? I don't know.

Hopefully the chart is attached but if not let me know and I'll re-post it. I've used Regiomontanus as a house system which I gather is the right one for horary. Any thoughts anyone? Time is of the essence I think.

Best wishes

Mystic

Attachments

• astro_2at_23_horary_question_is_she_being_compelled_hr_61066_15755.JPG
    astro_2at_23_horary_question_is_she_being_compelled_hr_61066_15755.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
It seems to me that a better question to answer is the "Whether she is bewitched or not?" question.

I imagine that I (the querent is attributed to Sag). Asc is in an early to mid degree so perhaps it is too early to say, or perhaps it will become clearer later.

Correct, you are the Ascendant and Jupiter. 10 degrees is plenty, it's only the first three degrees rising of a Sign that are considered early, so there is plenty to go on here.

My friend is either ruled by the 7th or the 3rd house ruler.

Your friend would either be the Seventh house (as the person enquired after) or the Eleventh house (of friends), but I believe she is most appropriately found as the Seventh house since you're asking about her specifically.

If 7th then she is in the 8th house of Occultism.

The Eighth house is not the house of Occultism. That's generally the Ninth house of philosophy and belief, however in this context, we want to look at the Twelfth house. Your friend being placed in this house is probably just indicative of her state of being at this time, afraid and confused.

Your friend is signified by Mercury, the suspected witchcraft by Mars. Mars is in the domicile and exaltation of Mercury, but Mercury is in the depression of Mars. So, the supposed witchcraft definitely is into your friend, while your friend is not so enthralled by the effects of this spell or whathaveyou.

Fortunately, though, there are no other aphorisms for bewitchment present in the chart, and no aspects between the two nor translation or collection, so it really doesn't seem like there's much there to draw on.

mystic777

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
It seems to me that a better question to answer is the "Whether she is bewitched or not?" question.

Correct, you are the Ascendant and Jupiter. 10 degrees is plenty, it's only the first three degrees rising of a Sign that are considered early, so there is plenty to go on here.

Your friend would either be the Seventh house (as the person enquired after) or the Eleventh house (of friends), but I believe she is most appropriately found as the Seventh house since you're asking about her specifically.

The Eighth house is not the house of Occultism. That's generally the Ninth house of philosophy and belief, however in this context, we want to look at the Twelfth house. Your friend being placed in this house is probably just indicative of her state of being at this time, afraid and confused.

Your friend is signified by Mercury, the suspected witchcraft by Mars. Mars is in the domicile and exaltation of Mercury, but Mercury is in the depression of Mars. So, the supposed witchcraft definitely is into your friend, while your friend is not so enthralled by the effects of this spell or whathaveyou.

Fortunately, though, there are no other aphorisms for bewitchment present in the chart, and no aspects between the two nor translation or collection, so it really doesn't seem like there's much there to draw on.
Thank you so much Kaiousei no Senshi for that wonderful interpretation!

I have few further queries though. I have always understood Occcultism/ Magic/Hidden knowledge/mysteries to be under the deep sign of Scorpio,12th house to do with mysticism (Neptune/Pisces etc.) and that it is only traditional religion and the Church to be ruled by the 9th, as well as philosophy and meditation of course.

I did think about the 11th house as being associated with 'friends' but I also mentioned that she is also a Sister (a fraternal sister of a mystical Order) so I thought she might be ruled by the third.

I definitely know she is confused but she is not apparently afraid as far as I know.

Accepting that there is nothing to worry about, what do you mean when you say 'the supposed witchcraft definitely is into your friend'? Into in what way?

This horary thing is getting more and more interesting. I remember looking into horary about 10 years ago and for entirely different reasons (unrelated to horary and more to do with Elections) I looked up John Frawley's site. He is so funny!!! Maybe I'll meet him so day. Anyways, I guess I'm going to get into Lilly sometime soon! Thanks again,

Mystic

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I have always understood Occcultism/ Magic/Hidden knowledge/mysteries to be under the deep sign of Scorpio,12th house to do with mysticism (Neptune/Pisces etc.) and that it is only traditional religion and the Church to be ruled by the 9th, as well as philosophy and meditation of course.

This is an entirely modern mindset and fuses together the significations of houses, Signs, and planets into one set of meanings. After all, if you notice your post, your associations of the houses were based off of the Sings connected with those houses.

Accepting that there is nothing to worry about, what do you mean when you say 'the supposed witchcraft definitely is into your friend'? Into in what way?

That one I'm not so sure about, to be honest, perhaps it should be taken literally, or perhaps it's a metaphor for her as a supposed target. *shrug*