My ASC's ruler is conjunct Saturn :(

Raindrops

I just realized that my chart's ruler (mercury) is conjunct Saturn. Saturn/Merc are in Libra though - which is Saturn's exaltation.

The conjunction is by 5'.

I can be quite Saturnine....but mostly feel lonely... even when I have a partner =P. It must be saturn's chilling effect.

I do not believe that anything conjunct Saturn is good =P. However, the conjunction is in Libra. So, does that make it only 'half-way' bad?

Night Sky

Raindrops said:
I just realized that my chart's ruler (mercury) is conjunct Saturn. Saturn/Merc are in Libra though - which is Saturn's exaltation.

I can be quite Saturnine....but mostly feel lonely... even when I have a partner =P. It must be saturn's chilling effect.

I do not believe that anything conjunct Saturn is good =P. However, the conjunction is in Libra. So, does that make it only 'half-way' bad?
Saturn would be strong by exaltation.

Can you add the details of where Venus is placed as Mercury would disposit to Venus. + the picture of any natal aspects to the mercury and Saturn. + House is usually fairly important.

Last edited:

waybread

Raindrops said:

I would read Saturn conjunct Mercury as "serious thinking" or if engaged in a challenging aspect, "sad or anxious thinking." But to quote astrologer Steven Forrest, no planet is in our lives just to hurt us. Saturn also gives discipline, staying power, and rewards later in life if we learn to view him as a "teacher" rather than as a "trickster." How are your Saturn/Mercury aspected?

Polo

I think you're being ignorant about Saturn's gifts.
Mercury and Saturn combined can bring great wiseness to someone of any age. There's a great depth of mind and seriousness to the individual. Also, these people can work hard towards achievement without ANY support. There's great ambition if they believe in themselves.
Sometimes these people grow up to think it's not alright to speak their mind. Maybe it's the father (Saturn-Authority) who reminds the person in some way to 'hush up' and not waste words, or to think deeply before speaking. Maybe the father never spoke to the native, or there were serious problems with communication. Sometimes there's a great fear of public speaking. In any place, any problems can be overcome because Saturn, I believe, is the planet that truly values hard work. If you have problems with yourself, you can change.

Matthew The Astrologer

That aspect can make for a good stabilizer. If we must deal in sign-placement cliches here... Mercury in Libra isn't the most stable or sensible placement. Throwing Saturn into the mix can add some much-needed backbone.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobZemco

Raindrops said:

Is this a transit or a progression? I would hope it would be a progression that lasts a while.

I would read Saturn conjunct Mercury as "serious thinking"

That's pretty much it, and I would only add that it's a very slow deliberate thought process that's cautious, which is what you and about 300 Million other Americans need right now.

People with this transit typically do not make hasty decisions they later regret, although they might take too long to ponder and miss out on something, that would be the least of my worries.

Sag Moon

Are you in a technical field like engineering as most I know that have this aspect are in some tyoe of field which involves problem solving with math.