Mushrooms

pwadm

Staff member
Anyone could tell me what sign/planet rulership would be associated with a tree mushroom of medical interest? (in particular Ganoderma lucidum).

Thank you.

aquarius7000

As per Culpeper's Color Herbal, mushrooms are said to be ruled by the planet Mercury (maybe due to their easily proliferating qualities) in Aries (perhaps due to their wildness).

Here's also a table from http://www.skyscript.co.uk/decumbiture3.html:

Herbs and plants attributed to the planets
saturn.gif
Barley, beetroot, comfrey, hemlock, nightshade, spinach, elm tree, yew, pine.
jupiter.gif
Asparagus, borage, chervil, cloves, nutmeg, chestnut, lime, maple, oak, sage.
mars.gif
Chives, garlic, ginger, hops, mustard, nettles, onion, pepper, radish, rhubarb, tobacco, thistles.
su.gif
Angelica, bay, cedar, chamomile, cinnamon, marigold, rosemary, sunflower, walnuts, citrus trees, ash, juniper.
venus.gif
Alder, birch, burdock, catmint, cowslip, elder, feverfew, foxglove, mallow, mint, sorrel, strawberries, thyme.
mercury.gif
Aniseed, carrot, dill, fennel, lavender, marjoram, parsley, parsnip, valerian, mulberry tree, mushrooms.
mo.gif
Cabbage, cucumber, lettuce, lily, melons, poppies, pumpkin, saxifrage, wallflower, willow.

:)aquarius7000

Last edited:

starlink

This is most interesting to know. Thanks for this information Aquarius7000!
I was wondering if we could find our allergies to one of these plants, herbs or mushrooms by looking at the strength or weakness of the planet who rules them. I seem to be allergic to Birch tree, ruled by Venus. My Venus is in fall, so maybe that could then show I am sensitive to birch maybe?

astro.teacher

Interesting Culpepper assigns them to Mercury. I would think they are more closely related to the Moon, especially some species. Mushrooms are abundantly cold and moist and nocturnal (with Mercury being cold and dry). Aries is even more confusing considering it is a hot and dry sign, completely opposite to the nature of mushrooms.

tikana

Radu said:
Anyone could tell me what sign/planet rulership would be associated with a tree mushroom of medical interest? (in particular Ganoderma lucidum).

Thank you.

Radu:59:
mushroom are ruled by Moon, cancer .. saturn pluto neptune!

aquarius7000

Aaron,

My first thought was also the Moon (and I think I've read it somewhere, too), and maybe it does rule some or most of the mushroom varieties, whilst the others- such as Enoki that grow only in cold regions- are ruled by Mercury.

pwadm

Staff member
Thank you all for the replies.

I had a horary chart casted on this particular mushroom that growns on trees and it has signified by Jupiter in Capricorn. There is a certain logic attached to it, as it is an outgrown, an excrescence (Jupiter) that grows high up (Capricorn is associated with heights). A tree mushroom is dry, possibly cold, so it is of the nature of Saturn, who rules Capricorn. That would be the traditional astrology logic as shown by Aaron, but applied to this particular case.

Interesting subject.

NicholasH

what about psychedelic mushrooms? are they ruled by uranus? or the moon as well. i have a lot of pisces friends who are drawn to mushrooms right now. maybe it has to do with a uranus transit.

uranus is said to be the "higher octave" of mercury, so maybe reg. mushrooms are ruled by merc. and mind changing mushrooms are ruled by uranus.

pwadm

Staff member
Psychedelic mushrooms = there should be a Neptune flavor, as Neptune rules intoxications.

Uranus is indeed the higher octave of the mind, but I'd rather see it as a superconscious one, Gurdjieff-style.

From this discussion, I will retain a dual Moon-Mercury rulership for mushrooms with flavors added depending on the particular use of the mushroom.

astro.teacher

Aquarius,

You are right, there are a huge variety of mushrooms with different temperaments. I would probably say to judge each on a mushroom-to-mushroom basis.

As far as psychedelic mushrooms, traditionally speaking I would have to go with Moon/Mercury being that the Moon rules the brain and Mercury the thought, both of which are heavily influenced by the mushroom. This is an interesting topic!

Squapius

Banned
Though this in not very astrological, I would want very much which type of herbs are curative/healing, and which herbs can heal distressed nervs. Can you tell me, please?
I´m much into the natural ways of healing illness, wounds and other kinds of physical damage. So, knowing a little bit more about herbs would be good.

aquarius7000

Cooling is provided by mint. Neem (Azadirachta indica), a very popular herb in and from India, is also excellent against heat and toxins in the body. It has a wonderful medicinal effect, which I can say from experience. Then there is Passion Flower, which works against insomnia, nervousness, restlessness and the like.
There are two good books on herbal medicine: Indian Herbal Medicine by C.P. Khare (he explains concisely the body condition, herbal remedy along with dosage plus sheds light on the herb itself- brilliant), and Healing with the Herbs of Life by Lesley Tierra which you might want to look at.

Squapius

Banned
Aquarius7000 said:
Cooling is provided by mint. Neem (Azadirachta indica), a very popular herb in and from India, is also excellent against heat and toxins in the body. It has a wonderful medicinal effect, which I can say from experience. Then there is Passion Flower, which works against insomnia, nervousness, restlessness and the like.
There are two good books on herbal medicine: Indian Herbal Medicine by C.P. Khare (he explains concisely the body condition, herbal remedy along with dosage plus sheds light on the herb itself- brilliant), and Healing with the Herbs of Life by Lesley Tierra which you might want to look at.

Thank you, but I guess I´ll have to search the spanish names for those plants, for getting them. I have nerv problems and pain in my spine, that´s why I´m looking for that.

pwadm

Staff member
Clay

Alright - this leads me to ask another quesion too.

What would be the astrological significator of 'clay'. You know, natural clay, that has an astounding antiinfectious capacity, it is said to purify the water (there are accounts of traditional populations intentionally troubling the river water before drinking it), it really helps fighting against MANY diseases. I have used it with success in the past for stomach aches, gingival problems, diarrhea, paronychia, I'm a great fan of it.

As it's an earth, it should be an earth sign, my first guess would be Virgo.

aquarius7000

Re: Clay

What would be the astrological significator of 'clay'. You know, natural clay, that has an astounding antiinfectious capacity, it is said to purify the water (there are accounts of traditional populations intentionally troubling the river water before drinking it), it really helps fighting against MANY diseases. I have used it with success in the past for stomach aches, gingival problems, diarrhea, paronychia, I'm a great fan of it.

As it's an earth, it should be an earth sign, my first guess would be Virgo.
Saturn's my take. Clay is natural earth composed of finely-grained minerals. It is hard when dry, and sticky and plastic only when wet. That's all what I remember from my school-day geography and geology lessons. Google might help more.

Squapius,

In your current picture, you look quite Taurus-like from your face cut. Off-topic, but wanted to briefly say this. Maybe you do have some personal planets or your Rising in Taurus.

Squapius

Banned
Aquarius7000 said:
Squapius,

In your current picture, you look quite Taurus-like from your face cut. Off-topic, but wanted to briefly say this. Maybe you do have some personal planets or your Rising in Taurus.
Nope, actually that is my granma. She was awesomely good-looking.
And she is virgo with aquarius rising.
I better change my picture, I don´t like to be mistaken with my granma xD.
But I have actually venus in taurus.

astro.teacher

I would have to agree with Aquarius, Saturn sounds best bet. However the type of clay needs to be taken into account. Heavily volcanic clay that is bright red & etc. will be more represented by Mars (because of the iron deposits), whereas white porcelain most likely Venus (or the Moon). Im not sure if it would have a specific sign associated with it but an earth sign would make sense ;)