Muses in the Natal Chart

Witchyone

I'm looking for discussions about the placement of muses in the natal chart. I figured this would be the place but don't find anything. Should I search different terms?

I stumbled upon the concept online and found that my favorite muse, Calliope/Kalliope (named my first cat after her...RIP) is at 26 degrees Scorpio, and my Ascendant is at 28 degrees Taurus. As with most topics, I'm trying to understand the concept via my own chart. I'm a writer, and would prefer to see the writing muse conjunct my Asc., but there she is, opp. in the 6th.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Witchyone

Oddity

Traditional astrology doesn't make use of asteroids, so you might be better off in the general natal forum for this question, or modern astrology.

In trad astrology, we'd look at Mercury and the moon primarily for writing, tenth house if it's a career, some of the lots, perhaps, a few other things in the context of the chart.

Witchyone

Traditional astrology doesn't make use of asteroids, so you might be better off in the general natal forum for this question, or modern astrology.

In trad astrology, we'd look at Mercury and the moon primarily for writing, tenth house if it's a career, some of the lots, perhaps, a few other things in the context of the chart.

Apologies! Thanks for the reply.

david starling

Any Trad thoughts on Jupiter moving into Libra? I'm feeling the effects, but not sure what it portends for those with strong Jupiter Chart influence (like myself and Sagittarians).:unsure:
As for the Muses question, definitely better asked in the Mod sector.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Any Trad thoughts on Jupiter moving into Libra? I'm feeling the effects, but not sure what it portends for those with strong Jupiter Chart influence (like myself and Sagittarians).:unsure:

Are you asking me? I clearly know not-enough about traditional, and I still find the idea of currently ocurring transits and returns utterly mystifying. I rely on real astrologers for that.

I don't like talking about my lovelifeinprogress on the intarwebs, but I have experienced a renewal in my own marriage. That seems pretty Jupiter>>Libra, doesn't it? :love:

tsmall

Premium Member
All, I have moved this thread to the natal astrology forum.

David, to briefly answer your question, Jupiter moved into Libra combust a fallen Sun. Peregrine and escaping now. Jupiter bears combustion tolerably well, like someone being dealt a hard blow but hopes something good will come from it. "Tis an ill wind that blows no good." Taken in the sense that every cloud has a silver lining. As someone who also has a strong Jupiter influence in her chart (Jupiter in Libra, competing for almuten of my chart and conjunct the ASC) I can honestly say that i've been livingthe hard knock life for the last year, but am feeling the optimisim of hoping for something great to come from something awful.

david starling

All, I have moved this thread to the natal astrology forum.

David, to briefly answer your question, Jupiter moved into Libra combust a fallen Sun. Peregrine and escaping now. Jupiter bears combustion tolerably well, like someone being dealt a hard blow but hopes something good will come from it. "Tis an ill wind that blows no good." Taken in the sense that every cloud has a silver lining. As someone who also has a strong Jupiter influence in her chart (Jupiter in Libra, competing for almuten of my chart and conjunct the ASC) I can honestly say that i've been livingthe hard knock life for the last year, but am feeling the optimisim of hoping for something great to come from something awful.

Unfortunately, this makes perfect sense to me in the light of recent events.:crying: