Moving Mars from the 8th to the 9th house?

bitex

Natally my Mars is in Aries in the 8th house which equals problems and struggles, too many to name. Would moving to a place where Mars would move to the 9th house be beneficial?

I'm asking because such a move will move my chart ruler, the Sun in the 12th house but judging by celebrities that are 12th house suns that's not as bad as astrologers say it is. I'd also get lots of trines in such a move and Moon square ASC aspect disappears, which is said to equal moody energy. If anything my 8th house Mars is blocking any benefit of my natal 11th house Sun.

If I want to stay in 11th house Sun places and move mars to my 7th house instead I would have to do with worse parans/local space lines/angles to ASC and less trines and more squares in those areas.

Here some comparison between descriptions about Mars in 8th:

[Excerpts deleted because the source was not cited. That violates forum rules. To post content from another website, you must include a link to the original source, and you may not post more than 100 words of the content. - Moderator]

Overall moving Mars out of the 8th house seems like a good idea even with having to move Sun into the 12th. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

bitex

Ok apparently Madonna is a Leo with Sun in the 12th and Mars in the 8th and she's done more than well. In fact better than at least 95% of the people in the world. So maybe a 12th Sun with a 9th house Mars is more powerful combo than a 11th Sun with an 8th house Mars?

Here some excerps of the positive sides of Mars in the 9th and 8th house.

[Excerpts deleted because the source was not cited. That violates forum rules. To post content from another website, you must include a link to the original source, and you may not post more than 100 words of the content. - Moderator]

Has anyone here relocated to a place where their mars moved out of the 8th house? OR maybe it moved to there? How did it go?

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
The house placement of Mars is never the sole reason you see things play out the way they do. Other parts of your chart are also weighing in. What you're attributing to Mars might be as much or more attributable to something else. And if it is Mars, it's not just the house placement, it's also the aspects Mars is involved in. Relocating your chart doesn't change any of its aspects.

Furthermore, no matter where you live, you still have the same natal chart. Your natal house placements will always be the basic blueprint you're working from. A relocation chart is a layer on top of the original birth chart, not a replacement for it. You'll always have an eighth house Mars. Relocating to somewhere that moves it to the ninth may add a hint of ninth house flavor to it, but it's like sprinkles on a cake: they add a little something, but they don't change the cake's flavor. You're operating on the assumption that relocating will change the flavor of the cake. That's not how it works.

So if you're thinking of moving, don't base your decision on what some cookbook astrology site says about Mars in the houses.