mother's new bathroom

gamzatti

Hi there anyone can you help me figure out something which has puzzled me for a while.An astrologer friend looked at my son's chart and told him his mother was having a new bathroom.uncannily this was quite true as I was having a new bathroom fitted at the time.What could it be that she saw in his chart to tell her this?
Since then I've learnt that the 12th house of a chart refers to the bathroom in a house.Could it be that his moon referring to the mother was transiting his 12th? it must have been more than this as the moon in his chart must be in the 12th house more often than I have a new bathroom.apparently each house in a chart refers to a different room in a house,I didn't know this before.How can we find such specific information from someones chart?thankyou for your time if you are able to reply.Gamzatti;)

freedomlover

gamzatti said:
Hi there anyone can you help me figure out something which has puzzled me for a while.An astrologer friend looked at my son's chart and told him his mother was having a new bathroom.uncannily this was quite true as I was having a new bathroom fitted at the time.What could it be that she saw in his chart to tell her this?
Since then I've learnt that the 12th house of a chart refers to the bathroom in a house.Could it be that his moon referring to the mother was transiting his 12th? it must have been more than this as the moon in his chart must be in the 12th house more often than I have a new bathroom.apparently each house in a chart refers to a different room in a house,I didn't know this before.How can we find such specific information from someones chart?thankyou for your time if you are able to reply.Gamzatti;)

I agree with you, Gamzatti! That IS quite amazing. However, I'm left here wondering why the 12th house is associated with bathrooms. I would have seen that as more of an 8th house thing.:confused:

Can't wait to see the other answer you get.....

FL

bluemascara

That's interesting that the twelfth would be the bathroom. Kind of makes sense, the bathroom is an obscure place and the twelfth relates to hidden things. Maybe it was a New moon in the twelfth with some kind of aspect to Uranus or Pluto (change/transformation)? I remember reading about Houses correspondng to rooms, but i can't remember which house to what room now. Do you remember how it goes?

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Gamzatti,
If an astrologer was looking at your son's chart, the astrologer may have seen transit activity around your son's fourth house...The tenth in your son's house represents the mother..the sixth house represents daily affairs such as redecorating, so H4 is the mother's sixth, (derived houses method).
A key piece of information here: Does your son reside with you in the same dwelling?
In Horary H8 would usually represent bathrooms, laundries etc.
Are you sure the astrologer wasn't also referring to your natal chart?
Of course it's quite possible to *tell* these kinds of details from a chart, but I'm interested in which method was used.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

katydid

lillyjgc said:
Hi Gamzatti,
If an astrologer was looking at your son's chart, the astrologer may have seen transit activity around your son's fourth house...The tenth in your son's house represents the mother..the sixth house represents daily affairs such as redecorating, so H4 is the mother's sixth, (derived houses method).
A key piece of information here: Does your son reside with you in the same dwelling?
In Horary H8 would usually represent bathrooms, laundries etc.
Are you sure the astrologer wasn't also referring to your natal chart?
Of course it's quite possible to *tell* these kinds of details from a chart, but I'm interested in which method was used.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

I can totally see how they might have derived such info, but my question would be WHY. lol

I mean sure, they may have been looking at the son's 10th house, and keying in on some transits, but what would spark the interest in labeling that house as the 'mothers sixth' and to narrow it down even more to a refitted bathroom. :eek:

freedomlover

katydid said:
I can totally see how they might have derived such info, but my question would be WHY. lol

I mean sure, they may have been looking at the son's 10th house, and keying in on some transits, but what would spark the interest in labeling that house as the 'mothers sixth' and to narrow it down even more to a refitted bathroom. :eek:

Yeah, I was going to say, too, that in addition to my understanding that 8th house refers to bathrooms - I would see 6th house as having to do with them, as well, since 6th house rules purity and cleanliness. ( Maybe a 12th house, being the polarity of the 6th refers specifically to a bathtub - being immersed in water?:rolleyes:)

Kerrie

Are you sure your astrologer friend didnt hear it through the grapevine? I just had to ask :p . He didnt do the reading as the bath was being taken out? lol

waybread

gamzatti said:

I think some people are psychic, and that some psychics do astrology. I have a lot to learn about astrology, but I don't think anyone could read this information off a chart. Re: Kerrie's point: is there another way the astrologer could have gotten this information?

katydid

waybread said:
I think some people are psychic, and that some psychics do astrology. I have a lot to learn about astrology, but I don't think anyone could read this information off a chart. Re: Kerrie's point: is there another way the astrologer could have gotten this information?

Hey, maybe the astrologers father is a plumber. :p

gamzatti

Hi everyone who has replied to my bathroom query.I perfectly accept kerrie ,and to others who have suspected she got this information in some other way.In fact it occured to me that she did as she is a friend of the family.However she is a woman of integrity and if this was the case she would have pointed to the aspects in the chart which illustrated this,as she didn't do it for money and she has in the past similarly explained things to me.I mean she wouldn't do it to show how 'clever'she was. Why have I not asked her you may well ask?Well I do not feel comfortable in asking her to teach me about astrology as she is a very busy woman and I would not like to take advantage of our acquaintanceship.I am very interested and want to learn but would rather do it independently and with the help of sites like this. However as I have asked about the meaning from some of you guys ,as it may have been easy for some of you more knowledgable than me,as soon as I can I will ask her the way she did it .So watch this space as soon as I can I will post something here.
By the way to the questioner who asked if my son lived with me ,yes he does at the moment,while he is renovating his house.But so comfortable here not sure he is in any real hurry to move out.I do have a lovely bathroom and at the moment he is busy finishing off his own.He is libra sun ,scorpio rising and gemini moon.I as mum am aries,and adore my libra son,although who the saying lazy libra could have been invented for. regards and many thanks.Gamzatti;)

gamzatti

Re: mother's new bathroom interpretation

As I promised I would I have now had the opportunity to ask my astrologer friend how she saw my new bathroom by looking at my son's chart.
Explanation as the best I can do it is:pluto was in his 4th house,water sign on the cusp.4th house home ,Pluto pipe work,water sign bathroom.Pluto originally ruled the underground as most of us would know,so he rules what is below and deep down in the earth eg.pipe work drains etc.Pluto is new transforming.So taking this altogether as son was living with me ,I was having a new bathroom.I guess if Pluto had been in a fire sign it could have meant kitchen and an earth sign digging out a new patio.I haven't a clue what an air sign could mean as I didn't think to ask.I hope those of you who commented on my post are able to read this reply.

gamzatti

Hi there Charm virgo,I shall have to study your post as it needs some concentration to follow but I can see the interpretations follow the same kind of process as that used in the interpretation of my sons 4th house.
water leaks seem to be a theme at the moment as I woke up to a leak in my bedroom from the roof couldn't understand how a pile of ironing on a chair had got wet until I looked up.You say roof 1st house I shall have to look at this and see if I can find a reference to this in either mine or my husbands chart. I have to say am a little wary of Pluto and his effects as without being alarmist I looked up my sister-in-laws chart [solar return chart]for 2008 as she died earlier this year.Pluto was sitting exactly on her asc. Now I know aspects are crucial but I'm not good enough to make a real interpretation of these.I'm happy if he sticks to water problems. thanks for your interesting reply x

gamzatti

with more time I have just re-read your tale of woe about your leaks charm virgo,and Oh how I sympathise with you as water makes such a mess.we also once nailed down a floorboard which creaked on the landing,having just finished decorating the hall below before the carpet fitter came.we forgot we had been warned by previous occupier that there was a water pipe there and thats why the creak had to stay,so the new paint bubbled up etc.below.
following your text it all made sense and I too have pluto transitingacross my 1st house but it has an earth sign capricorn on the cusp so can't quite see where that fits with water.according to my friend Pluto could also identify with an exhaust on a car.

freedomlover

Re: mother's new bathroom interpretation

gamzatti said:
As I promised I would I have now had the opportunity to ask my astrologer friend how she saw my new bathroom by looking at my son's chart.
Explanation as the best I can do it is:pluto was in his 4th house,water sign on the cusp.4th house home ,Pluto pipe work,water sign bathroom.Pluto originally ruled the underground as most of us would know,so he rules what is below and deep down in the earth eg.pipe work drains etc.Pluto is new transforming.So taking this altogether as son was living with me ,I was having a new bathroom.I guess if Pluto had been in a fire sign it could have meant kitchen and an earth sign digging out a new patio.I haven't a clue what an air sign could mean as I didn't think to ask.I hope those of you who commented on my post are able to read this reply.

Ahhh... yes... it makes sense as explained this way. I wouldn't normally associate 4th house with bathroom - but Pluto there adds a whole new slant on it. Thanks for explaining.:)