Most Depressing Progressed Moon

FullMoon22

My first post here.

I've been having a very depressing time lately, and by lately I mean most of my life. I'm Scorpio Rising with Pluto in the first house, so I'm pretty acquainted with the profound yet overbearing energy of Pluto. I've noticed things start getting worse whenever my progressed moon is conversing with Pluto in any type of hard aspect.

In June 2020, my progressed moon went into a conjunction with progressed Pluto. At the time, it was in the first house of Scorpio. It was moderately depressing and I remember feeling a big change in me, but my depression greatly exacerbated in March, when my progressed ascendant changed to Sag, because by default it meant that my progressed moon-Pluto went into the 12th house.

During this time of moon-Pluto conversation in the 12th house, I've become a thousand times more acquainted with my shadow, doing much shadow work. In this time I have learned more about psychology and somatic therapy than ever before, have deepened my character, and lost most (if not all) of my inauthentic and fawning behaviors. This conjunction has been like a dark walk-in experience, an intense purging of sort.

The harsher side of it is that, as said, it has caused me to feel incredibly depressed. I have also become wildly aware of the damage my parents have caused me and consequently cut ties with them, although since then they have apologized and I've come to forgive them. I have also tapered off antidepressants, deleted all my social media accounts, and have become a true recluse. I only ever see my husband. I feel like I don't trust anyone other than him at this point. It might be of use for you to know that during this moon-Pluto conjunction phase, my progressed sun has also become opposite Pluto, so it probably has something to do with all this sense of isolation and distrust.

And now to my actual question. In 3 months my progressed moon will be going into progressed first house in Sag. My progressed moon recently received a trine from Jupiter, too. This is a lot of fire energy compared to the long period I've had of experiencing only water. Should I dare feeling optimistic? Have you ever had progressed moon go into the 1st house, especially in Sag? What did it feel like? I have gone through so much sadness in the past few years, that I don't know if I have it in me to hope for a better future. But with progressed moon in Sag in 1st house trine Jupiter, it almost gives a promise of just that.

I don't know. What do you think?
https://ibb.co/1Trm4K3

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
In 3 months my progressed moon will be going into progressed first house in Sag. My progressed moon recently received a trine from Jupiter, too. This is a lot of fire energy compared to the long period I've had of experiencing only water. Should I dare feeling optimistic? Have you ever had progressed moon go into the 1st house, especially in Sag? What did it feel like? I have gone through so much sadness in the past few years, that I don't know if I have it in me to hope for a better future. But with progressed moon in Sag in 1st house trine Jupiter, it almost gives a promise of just that.

I don't know. What do you think?
https://ibb.co/1Trm4K3

You don't need to hope for anything.
You've received the trine from Jupiter [transiting?r progressed?]
In either case, what did you and do you observe? That should be a clear indicator of how your feeling life will continue to unfold.

And a planet progressing from the 12th to the 1st will allow you to experience its energies more consciously.

What is true is that things always change. Not the opposite.
It is helpful to remember that.

PS your chart does not display properly, only a small part of the horizon side, so I couldn't look at it.

Last edited:

blackbery

Progressed Moon stays in one sign around 3 yrs so by the time you are 30 at the time of your Saturn return, everyone has completed a Progressed Moon in all the 12 signs & houses. It is the fastest moving planet in the Progressed chart.

Not sure how old you are or what chart you have posted but it's NOT a :moon::pluto::conjunct: in a PROGRESSED chart, the orbs are very small, no more then 3 degrees, unlike transits or aspects in a regular natal chart.

It sounds like you have done a lot of inner work, lots or purging & renewing, all :pluto: & 12th house themes. Not always pleasant but important in term of your soul growth & contracts. It reminds me of the saying 'What doessnt kill you makes you stronger'.

You sound like a wiser & stronger person now after doing 'the work'.

I love :moon::jupiter: transits & don't really understand the title. The most depressing Progressed Moon aspect is :opposition::square::saturn:. If you can survive that, you can survive anything!:p:p:D

If you want to post a proper chart, more can be revealed but that's up to you.

All the best.

FullMoon22

Progressed Moon stays in one sign around 3 yrs so by the time you are 30 at the time of your Saturn return, everyone has completed a Progressed Moon in all the 12 signs & houses. It is the fastest moving planet in the Progressed chart.

Not sure how old you are or what chart you have posted but it's NOT a :moon::pluto::conjunct: in a PROGRESSED chart, the orbs are very small, no more then 3 degrees, unlike transits or aspects in a regular natal chart.

It sounds like you have done a lot of inner work, lots or purging & renewing, all :pluto: & 12th house themes. Not always pleasant but important in term of your soul growth & contracts. It reminds me of the saying 'What doessnt kill you makes you stronger'.

You sound like a wiser & stronger person now after doing 'the work'.

I love :moon::jupiter: transits & don't really understand the title. The most depressing Progressed Moon aspect is :opposition::square::saturn:. If you can survive that, you can survive anything!:p:p:D

If you want to post a proper chart, more can be revealed but that's up to you.

All the best.

I don't think I chose the words 'most depressed placement' as an invitation to be challenged or debated, it is my experience that the conjunction with Pluto is the most depressing. Hard aspects with Saturn, in my experience, were difficult too, but not in the same way. This one has stripped me of my very identity... and that's some scary ****.

The image indeed is my progressed chart, it's a portion of it rather than the whole chart. As I said, in 3 months moon will be going into the 1st house, which evidently means I'm way past the exact conjunction with Pluto.

FullMoon22

You don't need to hope for anything.
You've received the trine from Jupiter [transiting?r progressed?]
In either case, what did you and do you observe? That should be a clear indicator of how your feeling life will continue to unfold.

And a planet progressing from the 12th to the 1st will allow you to experience its energies more consciously.

What is true is that things always change. Not the opposite.
It is helpful to remember that.

PS your chart does not display properly, only a small part of the horizon side, so I couldn't look at it.

As said progressed Jupiter trine the progressed moon. I am not observing anything, it all feels the same more or less. There is too much water up against Jupiter's little trine: 12th house AND Scorpio AND Pluto. The trine with Jupiter is barely even felt. That's why I asked about whether anyone had an experience with pro moon entering Sag 1st house. It's a lot of fire energy all of a sudden.

IleneK

Premium Member
As said progressed Jupiter trine the progressed moon. I am not observing anything, it all feels the same more or less. There is too much water up against Jupiter's little trine: 12th house AND Scorpio AND Pluto. The trine with Jupiter is barely even felt. That's why I asked about whether anyone had an experience with pro moon entering Sag 1st house. It's a lot of fire energy all of a sudden.

My apologies. I misread and thought you had experienced optimism when you wrote:
My progressed moon recently received a trine from Jupiter, too. This is a lot of fire energy compared to the long period I've had of experiencing only water. Should I dare feeling optimistic?
I think I am seeing and understanding your description of your progressed chart correctly in my head, and if I am not, please let me know. I agree with your assessment of the damping of a progressed trine from Jupiter to progressed Moon in Scorpio.
I think that your progressed asc moving into Sag from Scorp and progressed Moon also moving into Sag may offer you a significant breath of fresh air.

If you feel comfortable with it, I would like to look at your natal and progressed charts carefully and talk about this more fully with you? You could PM me and we could talk there.
I am sorry for my misunderstanding and also for some of the unnecessary unkindness that you have received here on this thread.
Best wishes,
Ilene

Last edited:

OuterPlanets89

Not sure if this is the case with others, but I tend to put more weight in the Natal House that the Progressed Moon is transiting than the Progressed House. I suppose that it moving over your Progressed ASC marks more of a "real time" change of personality (with the Moon being integrated), while moving over your Natal ASC is more symbolic of feelings coming to the surface after being stuck in the amorphous 12th house.

I also have Pluto in Scorp in the 1st, and am going to have my Prog Moon conjunct Pluto next year. I've had some similar progressions as you recently -- with Sun/ASC/Moon all in Scorpio now, which felt pretty **** dark throughout 2020. Things do seem to be getting better now, but I know I'm in for a transformative few years with all that Scorpio/Pluto there.

Are you using Whole Sign Houses? I'm not one to tell people which house system to use, and I find validity in both Placidus and Whole Sign, but with transits/progressions I generally use Placidus.

Stay strong, your Pluto energy will get you through it.