Moon

MissScorpio

Please could someone tell me which aspects in my chart point to my dramatic emotions and feelings. The Western chart suggests my Moon in Leo, But I am under the knowledge that with vedic I have Moon in Cancer which is not so dramatic.

Last edited:

Ryan Kurczak

Forget about the difference between tropical or sidereal for now. Determine the aspectual strength in virupas on the moon from any planets.

These are based on degrees not signs. Example, yes, Mars may aspect the 7th and 8th away, but really that means he aspects between 180-210 degrees with full 60/60 virupas.

Those start to decrease gradually beyond 210, but it can still be there. All planets have these exact aspectual strengths.

If Saturn, Mars or a Malefic Mercury aspect Moon it can show where one's difficulty comes from. If Moon is WITH malefic Mercury, or Moon is Waning or with Rahu/Ketu can give those kinds of difficulties indicated by the planets.

PS- I'm not used to reading western style charts, and I don't see a Ketu in that chart, but if your Rahu is where it is said to be, then you've got a kala sarpa yoga happening which explains a lot, without even looking at exact aspects.

And if I'm reading that chart right, Rahu is in the first?

See that video.
http://youtu.be/6A3OUdBU2ow

and for Kala Sarpa, see this video.
http://youtu.be/9Xm5ulFX-HY

Good luck.

Last edited:

MissScorpio

No the north node is in the second house in Cancer.. Can you also tell me , why is there two charts in vedic? There is the ascendant chart and then the other one.. Which is the most important?

Ryan Kurczak

There are actually 16 charts total in Vedic. Each represents a particaluar area of our inner or outer experience. Google Vedic Divisional Charts or Vargas for more information.

Moog

No the north node is in the second house in Cancer.. Can you also tell me , why is there two charts in vedic? There is the ascendant chart and then the other one.. Which is the most important?

Generally, when you get an internet Vedic chart, the other chart is the 'Navamsa', also called the D9 (d for 'divisional chart').

Divisional or Varga charts seem to be equivalent to western Harmonic charts, if that helps at all.

Basically, these charts are derived/constructed from the main chart (the 'rasi' chart) according to certain rules, and are thought to offer more detailed information about certain life spheres.

As Ryan mentions, there are in fact many divisional charts, but the Navamasa is often considered to have equal, secondary, or similar importance to the main chart.