Moon Pluto and Bulimia

Lulu-B

Moon Pluto Eating Disorders and Bulimia

I have read in an astrology magazine some years ago that Moon Pluto hard aspects are found in the charts of bulimic people. I have Moon opposite Pluto and am bulimic. I was looking up Demi Lovato's (who is also bulimic) and there was a Moon opposite Pluto as well.
What do you all think about that? Does anyone have much astrological knowledge about overeating (binging) and the need or not to purge afterwards? Or how about astrology and other eating disorders like overeating or anorexia?

Last edited:

Krewster

Re: Moon Pluto Eating Disorders and Bulimia

Curious about the orb on that aspect (and whether other major/minor aspects lie to the Moon).

I know a couple of Moon oppo Pluto people but didn't see beyond the manifestation that they are scary in a way that makes others hesitate to cozy up (and, yes, that they are all skinny).

kimbermoon

I too have the configuration of Moon opposing Pluto in the chart...no I am not bulimic in any way; however I do have problems in digesting foods properly, and now due to not eating much of anything at all, I have lost some significant weight. Remember that cookbook interpretations of the chart do not apply to everyone...one must also consider the additional aspects and configurations of these planets on the individual level. And also, there are multiple associations of planetary interactions rather than merely focusing on one. This particular one is often linked to problems and disputes with the mother in the past. What do you think there might be a link to that? Are you subconsciously 'starving yourself' because of feelings of inadequacy or unworthiness?

Lulu-B

Here is my chart. I will try to post some bulimic friends I have had charts. Here is Demi Lovato's chart http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Demi_Lovato . She has an exact Moon opp Pluto, but hers is part of a Kite and Grand Square.

Attachments

• Astro1.jpg
    Astro1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Lulu-B

I too have the configuration of Moon opposing Pluto in the chart...no I am not bulimic in any way; however I do have problems in digesting foods properly, and now due to not eating much of anything at all, I have lost some significant weight. Remember that cookbook interpretations of the chart do not apply to everyone...one must also consider the additional aspects and configurations of these planets on the individual level. And also, there are multiple associations of planetary interactions rather than merely focusing on one. This particular one is often linked to problems and disputes with the mother in the past. What do you think there might be a link to that? Are you subconsciously 'starving yourself' because of feelings of inadequacy or unworthiness?
My mother also has Moon opp Pluto exact at 28 degree Leo Aqu. No bulimia. My brother has Moon conjunct Pluto.
I am envious of my mother because she is like s Siren (her Venus is conj Sun on her Asc in Gemini/ Taurus), she walks by and men stare. Funny, because she is oblivious to it. She would roll her eyes if I ever mentioned it to her. Boys my age when I was a teen stared at her and gave her flowers and stuff. I was completely ignored. Even at 50 she had like 20 year old men stare as she walked by. She's not really gorgeous just attractive.So I do have feelings od inadequacy and unworthiness because I place her as my real world ideal and even at my best I know she just has it and I don't. MY bulimia actually started with anorexia as well.

Viviene

I have a moon conjunct pluto and have never suffered from bulimia. However, my weight does go up and down according to my emotional wellbeing (or otherwise).

I think there is a tendency for a moon pluto's mother to be jealous, controlling, or otherwise damaging in some way to the native's self-esteem. This may manifest in many ways

astrology02

I have moon opp. pluto & i don't have bulemia ...however I do binge eat from time to time. I either am really healthy or eat tons of junk food.

I think it's because with moon opp. pluto you have such wide emotional fluctuations...so when i'm feeling good i eat healthy, and then when my emotions are out of control- i binge eat.

astrology02

Here is my chart. I will try to post some bulimic friends I have had charts. Here is Demi Lovato's chart http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Demi_Lovato . She has an exact Moon opp Pluto, but hers is part of a Kite and Grand Square.

Wow demi has the exact aspect...i have the same configuration as her in my birth chart- my moon is the apex of my kite- and opposes pluto in scorpio....our moon is almost at the same degree too...it's very eriee. My moon pluto aspect is 6 degrees seperating and I can still feel it so strong so I can't imagine an exact aspect!!!! I read somewhere that she suffers from bi-polar. Poor demi :(

LeoCassandra

The rules of Pluto are indeed extremely simple, whichever point is connected to Pluto evinces compulsion and control thus:
Moon: Compulsions manifest instinctively in moods, controlling the environment, in relation to possessions and especially food and sustenance. Moon-Pluto contacts frequently manifest as eating disorders.
http://chirotic.wordpress.com/

Airyaquarian

I have a moon conjunct pluto and have never suffered from bulimia. However, my weight does go up and down according to my emotional wellbeing (or otherwise).

I think there is a tendency for a moon pluto's mother to be jealous, controlling, or otherwise damaging in some way to the native's self-esteem. This may manifest in many ways

I have moon conjunct pluto in Scorpio in the 1st house (Intense right?)
But my weight does go up and down, according to my emotions/relationships/stress

My mother was/is very controlling on my well being, she's attached and it still is hard to gain my independence from her. I'm suppose to be moving to New York in the fall, and she's trying to put a stop to it.
I hope I can get from her grip, I think that's the only way I can grow.

Lulu-B

I've read the same thing about squares, too. My moon is square Pluto and as a teen I was anorexic. As I matured, I stopped using control of food in a negative way and focused more on controlling my food to improve my body and mind. I became vegan and got very much into whole foods. Now I'm battling GMOs and have a careful regimen of supplements, herbs, essential oils, etc. Controlling food (the body) I think is a common theme with the harder Pluto/moon aspects. Pluto has a lot of power to give, but you have to learn to embrace it in a way that benefits you. (I also have Pluto square Mars. All the books will tell you I should have an outrageous temper but close friends and family would not agree. I do, but the storm is internal, as outwardly, I control it and have found other outlets for the energy.)
I had another friend with a square who was bulimic as well as a friend who had no strong aspect. Both could go without purging though. But, the friend with no strong aspect had a very bulimic mother.
You know I read in a book that Capricorns with their need for perfection tended to have eating disorders.
I do know Pluto rules purging in general.

aquarius7000

Hi,
I have moon opp. pluto & i don't have bulemia ...however I do binge eat from time to time. I either am really healthy or eat tons of junk food.

I think it's because with moon opp. pluto you have such wide emotional fluctuations...so when i'm feeling good i eat healthy, and then when my emotions are out of control- i binge eat.
I have a Cap Moon square Pluto, and I can pretty much agree with the quoted. My Moon is also conj Mars, so it can go over the top a bit. However, being a Cap Moon, opposed by Sat, it is well-tamed.

:)AQ7

poyi

Premium Member
I have Pluto Scorpio in the 2nd house and square Moon Capricorn in the 5th house. Moon trine Venus Libra, Mars Virgo.

I can eat A Lot. Pluto obsessive, Moon foods.

Pluto in 2nd house, ruler of the 3rd, Moon in Earth sign:

I have obsession with foods, the quality of foods, freshness, color, taste, smell, texture, where it came from, nutrition value, how to cook it, how to store it and very creative when I cook.

I will read the labels, compared the price against quality for very long time before purchasing it. Foods shopping is very serious business, that I will spend time to do research and evaluate. Moon sextile Mercury in Scorpio, Mercury in Scorpio sextile Mars in Virgo.

I hardly buy any junk foods. Moon in Capricorn trine Mars in Virgo, health and diet sign.

I know where to get nice foods, where good restaurants are, I have my own restaurant rating system if someone asking me where to eat and what to order. Moon trine Venus in Libra in the 1st house, ruler of the 2nd house.

Pluto=I like intense flavor. Moon aspects Mars, Mars rules Chilli, spices also rules red meat and raw foods, Moon rules seafoods and salt.

Foods and cooking make me happy. Moon/Pluto=Jupiter at 4th house midpoint. Moon is in the 5th house, my hobby, food is ruled by Moon.

I am not thin. But I never let myself to go out of shape. Thanks for the Mars Virgo trine Moon in Capricorn, I think.