Moon in Taurus

JUPITERASC

Thanks Jupiterasc, u opened an whole new door for me, though, I'm still trying to understand it :tongue:

http://www.astronor.com/dignities.htm

I've also Jupiter as a 'term'i

Jupiter - A person of vision and means, promoter, knowledgeable, opportune, eligible, lifts, inspires - Supervisor, Conductor
Yay! Opening doors to a whole new astrological world! That's good news fullmoonlibra! Take time to thoroughly process the new information - it's a rich field - astrology has many rewarding layers :smile:

dr. farr

Traditionally (and also in Vedic astrology) a planet is exalted in the ENTIRE SIGN in which its exaltation degree (or degrees, in Vedic) are found, but is ESPECIALLY exalted when actually IN its exaltation DEGREE (many of the ancients said, within the exaltation degree or 2 degrees before or 2 degrees after that specific degree)

Claire19

:smile:
Thanks Jupiterasc, u opened an whole new door for me, though, I'm still trying to understand it :tongue:

http://www.astronor.com/dignities.htm

I've also Jupiter as a 'term'i

Jupiter - A person of vision and means, promoter, knowledgeable, opportune, eligible, lifts, inspires - Supervisor, Conductor
I dont understand how all this has to do with Moon in Taurus?
You cant have a bit of essential dignity by the way. I am afraid this is all gooble gook and no wonder you cant understand it. :smile:

ReggaePassion

No, Algol has no influence, end of....

I can see the influence in my life and Taurus moon is pretty close to it. You know, I was even Medusa for Halloween as a kid, lol. How many kids you know are Medusa for Halloween? I wore it to school and got ridiculed like crazy. It's just one of the wacky moments in my childhood. My mom took a wig and sewed toy snakes into it and made this green makeup out of jello and flour or something.

greybeard

The Moon at 27 Taurus brings the following planets to dignity there:

Venus, Domicile ruler. 5 points
Moon, Exaltation ruler, 4 points (and she occupies the sign)
I don't know if this chart is diurnal or nocturnal. If diurnal, Venus is Triplicity ruler; if nocturnal Moon is. 3 Points
Term ruled (by the Egyptians) by Mars, 2 Points.
And finally, the ruler of the face, Saturn, who receives 1 Point.

These five planets all hold essential dignity, and therefore a degree of rulership, in the degree of the Moon. It is clear that either Venus (possible 8 points) or Moon (possible 7 points) will be the almuten of Moon's degree, depending on whether the chart is diurnal or nocturnal.

In theory, at least, these 4 planets all hold some power, or exert influence over Moon in Taurus. Certainly the lord of the domicile, Venus, must be consulted. The lord ruling the sign of a planet's placement tends to determine the "final outcome" of what goes on in its sign. It in any case "disposes" the planets in its sign to behave in a certain way, dependant on its own condition or state.

Also of concern is Moon's house placement (and that of her lord).

And as Claire19 pointed out, the Moon can't be interpreted properly without due consideration of all aspects she participates in. I believe that in this chart Venus is in Leo, square to Saturn in the early degrees of Taurus. This aspect must of force condition all that occurs in Taurus, including the rather distant Moon. This means that, in interpretation, this aspect and its significance in the life must be understood before the Moon because it indicates conditions and qualities preceding and conditioning the Moon because in earlier degree, and because the aspect doubly affects Taurus: a planet in the sign is aspected by the lord of that sign. Therefore, this aspect is determinant of the Moon.

Thus, if we wish to know what "Moon is exalted in Taurus" means in this specific horoscope, then we must begin our understanding with the Venus-Saturn square. It is preemptive. This aspect will "shape" the expression of Taurus, and therefore the way the exaltation will most likely manifest.

It is necessary in horoscope interpretation to have some idea of what you are looking for. If you don't know what you're looking for, it's unlikely you'll find it. For example, when I look at a chart I am primarily looking for description of psychological traits. That is "What I'm looking for," nothing specific -- I let the chart talk to me here -- but a general line of inquiry that alerts my mind to certain features while possibly ignoring others. It might be that your interest lies in locating specific events in a life, or perhaps are required to answer questions involving personal relationships. Whatever the case, if we look at the chart with eyes attuned to "what we are looking for" the chart will address the question, provided you let it.

A planet in domicile or exaltation is not necessarily "good." I have lately been looking at a chart with Mars exalted in Capricorn (although conjunct the explosive Uranus), but his lord Saturn is in Fall in Aries and cadent, like Mars. The planets are in a square aspect. The two planets are in mutual reception. Mars in this case, even though exalted, is terribly afflicted otherwise. This means the exaltation will show power and influence coming from Mars, but not in nearly as positive and constructive way as "exaltation" might lead us to believe. The reception is detrimental and not "mutually helpful" in the way we would desire.

Last edited:

ReggaePassion

The Moon at 27 Taurus brings the following planets to dignity there:

Venus, Domicile ruler. 5 points
Moon, Exaltation ruler, 4 points (and she occupies the sign)
I don't know if this chart is diurnal or nocturnal. If diurnal, Venus is Triplicity ruler; if nocturnal Moon is. 3 Points
Term ruled (by the Egyptians) by Mars, 2 Points.
And finally, the ruler of the face, Saturn, who receives 1 Point.

These five planets all hold essential dignity, and therefore a degree of rulership, in the degree of the Moon. It is clear that either Venus (possible 8 points) or Moon (possible 7 points) will be the almuten of Moon's degree, depending on whether the chart is diurnal or nocturnal.

In theory, at least, these 4 planets all hold some power, or exert influence over Moon in Taurus. Certainly the lord of the domicile, Venus, must be consulted. The lord ruling the sign of a planet's placement tends to determine the "final outcome" of what goes on in its sign. It in any case "disposes" the planets in its sign to behave in a certain way, dependant on its own condition or state.

Also of concern is Moon's house placement (and that of her lord).

And as Claire19 pointed out, the Moon can't be interpreted properly without due consideration of all aspects she participates in.

A planet in domicile or exaltation is not necessarily "good." I have lately been looking at a chart with Mars exalted in Capricorn (although conjunct the explosive Uranus), but his lord Saturn is in Fall in Aries and cadent, like Mars. The two planets are in mutual reception. Mars in this case, even though exalted, is terribly afflicted otherwise. This means the exaltation will show power and influence coming from Mars, but not in nearly as positive and constructive way as "exaltation" might lead us to believe. The reception is detrimental and not "mutually helpful" in the way we would desire.
Moon is troubled by Neptune.

I thought moon and Venus are both nocturnal while Sun is diurnal. The sun is in house 11 if this helps, with four planets in house 12, three planets on the ascending degree in house 12 and two in house 8. Only two planets in the bottom part of the chart, Mars and Neptune. Does this mean the chart is Diurnal and ruled by the sun more than the moon? I always considered myself far more a moon person than a sun.

greybeard

Sun in 11th, chart is diurnal (the sun is up, it's daytime).

Venus is day lord of Earth.

So Venus is almuten of Moon's degree. She accrues 8 points to the Moon's 4, is the most dignified planet in that degree. So, not only is Venus the domicile ruler, but also almuten of Moon's degree. We can see, then, that this Venus dominates the Moon.

And then along comes that square to Saturn in Taurus....

This means that if you want to understand the Moon in your chart, you must first understand Venus. Understand in terms like "Venus in Leo produces men with a golden mane and long fingernails, lovers of meat, and prone to exaggerated boasting about their romantic prowess in a roaring voice all night long." Sign, house, aspects, you give meaning to your Venus.

What to look for?

Does Venus rise before or after the Sun? This tells a lot about you.
Is Venus at elongation, or is she under the sunbeams, or combust?
Is she direct or retrograde?
These conditions are independent of sign position. They are either relationship to the Sun or inherent motion. Neither depends on sign position, so these facts about Venus are the deepest and most immutable. What they describe (in terms of your character, or personality) shapes your sense of values, your desire nature, the way you meet and maintain relationships, your cooperative capacities, and so on.

Leo is fiery. Venus is a marshmallow. Does Venus have any dignity in its degree? Do any other planets occupy the same sign? What does house position have to say?

And the aspects of course. In your chart, that square is critical.

Anyway, you translate all this astrological jargon into terms of a life lived -- character, personality, types of probable events or conditions that will affect development, direction of iinterests and so on.

JUPITERASC

My moon is at 4 degrees??
So..?
Sorry, but I didn't really understand u
:andy:
The difference is that Moon is exalted in Taurus :smile:
IN CONTRAST
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 1ST TEN DEGREES of Libra where the Moon has only slight dignity by face, then the Moon is peregrine in Libra

dignities2.gif

The above table is sourced from Deborah Houlding website
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

2nd house is not automatically 'the house of taurus' - there are many astrologers who do not accept that misleading idea
When entering new astrological territory fullmoonlibra, take time to thoroughly process the ideas so they are well understood - that takes patience and time because - not unexpectedly - to begin with these ideas are unfamiliar
That's an excellent and useful link fullmoonlibra - one to study, understand and learn
I've also Jupiter as a 'term'

Your comment is very brief and seems unclear as to whether you intended to convey that you think that Jupiter is term ruler of the degree of your moon OR that you intended to convey that you think that Jupiter is term ruler of the degree of your PoF fullmoonlibra!

TO BE CLEAR THEN REGARDING SPECIFIC TERM RULERS OF YOUR MOON/PoF FULLMOONLIBRA: :smile:

Jupiter is NOT term ruler of your moon and NOT term ruler of your PoF either
because if you re-check the table I posted earlier you'll note that:

(1) the term ruler of your Moon is Venus
(2) the term ruler of your PoF is Saturn

IleneK

Premium Member
No, Algol has no influence, end of....

Happily, one may expand one's horizons, should one chose to, into the rich work of astrologers Bernadette Brady and the late Diana Rosenberg. There one may inform themselves of the influence of the fixed stars, the matter of which the constellations and the signs are comprised, and of which our Sun is a primary member.

ReggaePassion

What to look for?

Does Venus rise before or after the Sun? This tells a lot about you.
Is Venus at elongation, or is she under the sunbeams, or combust?
Is she direct or retrograde?
These conditions are independent of sign position. They are either relationship to the Sun or inherent motion. Neither depends on sign position, so these facts about Venus are the deepest and most immutable. What they describe (in terms of your character, or personality) shapes your sense of values, your desire nature, the way you meet and maintain relationships, your cooperative capacities, and so on.

Leo is fiery. Venus is a marshmallow. Does Venus have any dignity in its degree? Do any other planets occupy the same sign? What does house position have to say?

And the aspects of course. In your chart, that square is critical.

Anyway, you translate all this astrological jargon into terms of a life lived -- character, personality, types of probable events or conditions that will affect development, direction of iinterests and so on.
Thanks for the info, Greybeard, very nice of you!

Venus is at 5 degrees Leo and is not under the sun beams (sun is at least 30 away at 9 degrees Virgo.) Venus rises before the sun, is in house 10, the only angular planet and the chart's ruler. The focal point. Actually, depending on what kind of astrologer you are, Jupiter, although in house 12, conjuncts the ascendant and is only in house 12 by a few minutes so astrologers like to say it is in house 1. It acts more like a house 12 Jupiter in my opinion. I also don't have the large body that people with Jupiter on the ascendant are claimed to have. In fact, I look unusual, lol. So, the two prominent planets in terms of house position are Jupiter and Venus. I think Venus is more prominent because it is all the way in house 10. Jupiter makes a lot of aspects and several conjunctions but it rules houses 9 and 6 which are cadent and it's not the ruler, only rising. Basically, Venus is in great shape except for the square. It even trines Neptune which is another trouble spot in the chart.

All the planets are direct except for Saturn.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I can def. tell you simply b/c most of my 7th house is taurus even tho it rules the 8th.

Some positives ive seen b/c ive met alot, they are very grounded and real with their emotions. If they like you, they show you and do earthly things for you, help you out when you dont have it. And almost all taurus moons are great with cooking. If not cooking, they have some kind of skill with their hands. Also they spoil themsleves. To me thats a positive b/c no matter what ppl say about them, they will always love themsleves, carry themselves with respect and maturity, and never let their appreance go. They think very high of themselves and do things to make them feel good. Alot of ppl think Taurus its self loves money but they dont, they like security. they have a need for money as a means of "just in case". Very affectionate you can just feel this moon.

HOWEVER, these ppl are very, very, very opinionated. If you can get them to say they are wrong, they proabably respect you. But they are very opionated and feel they know whats best and with it being an earth sign, they dont use notions, they have facts to back it up. They can be controlling, bossy and just seem to run ppl over. They can be selfish and they tend to ignore messy scenes. They will get you riled up, and soon as they feel its getting out of hand they will ignore you. They hate complaining but will do things to make you complain. They are very stubborn and I can tell from expreience(cuz i got alot)that Scorpios arent the only ones who like to play games.

Its alot of negative things about that moon tho, it may find a great expression in taurus but this is one stubborn and difficult moon to deal with for me at least. Although ive noticed that the two people ive seen handle this moon well had scorpio in their chart so to me it balanced it out b/c its a sense of another.

Knight

I am male and I have Moon at 0*45' taurus well aspected, in the 3rd house governing the 7th house and applying aspecting by a tight trine Jupiter at 2*20' Virgo (7th house) and i have venus in taurus as well:
1. my wife is sagittarius sun and I come along easy with sagittarius
2. i like to be material secured
3. i like good food, nice holidays, nice car, i like to have savings, but i am generous and i like my partner to be content and happy with me, i care more about other ppl than myself (i have pisces sun and leo mars), etc...

Anyway i don't like fatty/sweet foods and I am really skinny (1.70m and 68kg) and I can resist without food a lot, I am not obsessed to eating, food, frigidair :tongue: