moon in scorpio on 8th house cusp?

waterbaby12

Hi... I am a bit confused about cusps and what they actually mean.. i know the intensity from my moon being in the 7th house means its expressed in my relationships with others but with it being on the 8th house cusp what does this entail?

Jadi

My understanding of a cusp is that it's the point where the house bears its fruit, so it's a very sensitive point.

So if you take that perspective, someone just with the moon in the eight house would get emotional satisfaction out of the persuit of eight house matters. The search for transformation and/or once sexual needs would provide them emotional contentment. They are more in it for the chase so to speak.

With a planet like the moon on the eight house cusp would get emotional contentment out of the results from the eight house. So, the search alone wouldn't be satisfying for them. They probably couldn't find peace of mind unless they archive the actual activity or the goals related to the eight house.

Obviously, this is only my take, not sure if you could relate to that?

Jadi

But with the moon in the seventh it would mean that you're necessarily looking for let's say sex, you're more looking for relationships but then again, the attainment of the eight house stuff would become essential to having emotionally fulfilling relationships.

kimbermoon

Astrology is not so simplistic as to just consider one factor in the analysis...the Moon on the 8th House cusp shows where your emotional energy is most focused. But, what sign is it in? What are the aspects it is involved in? What element does it express through? What house does it rule? All these factors must be taken into account in order to get an appropriate interpretation of how the energy of the Moon works in your life.

waterbaby12

Thanks for your replies -

heres my chart

perhaps it could provide some further insight?

Attachments

• no asteroids.gif
    no asteroids.gif
    49.2 KB · Views: 32

kimbermoon

The Moon in Scorpio is given to intensely passionate emotions, as it expresses through the element of water. Jealousy and possessiveness can prove to be highly detrimental; this Moon's alignment with Venus is not an easy match. “It can represent either a physical challenge such as a genetic imbalance causing a birth defect, or a it may represent a poor or untenable choice of behaviors.”
This can represent a blind spot within yourself which you may deny and then in turn causes difficulties in relationships. read more about this aspect:
"http://blog.virgovault.com/2011/04/16/astrology-aspects-how-the-sesquiquadrate-functions-part-two/

As long as this aspect remains unchecked it can also contribute to suspiciousness on the part of others, or within yourself. Since the Moon is near to the cusp between 2 houses, it's influence may be felt through matters connected with either, however it also holds rulership over the 5th house, so it may be experienced through matters connected with love, romance, children or artistic expression.

waterbaby12

The Moon in Scorpio is given to intensely passionate emotions, as it expresses through the element of water. Jealousy and possessiveness can prove to be highly detrimental; this Moon's alignment with Venus is not an easy match. “It can represent either a physical challenge such as a genetic imbalance causing a birth defect, or a it may represent a poor or untenable choice of behaviors.”
This can represent a blind spot within yourself which you may deny and then in turn causes difficulties in relationships. read more about this aspect:
"http://blog.virgovault.com/2011/04/16/astrology-aspects-how-the-sesquiquadrate-functions-part-two/

As long as this aspect remains unchecked it can also contribute to suspiciousness on the part of others, or within yourself. Since the Moon is near to the cusp between 2 houses, it's influence may be felt through matters connected with either, however it also holds rulership over the 5th house, so it may be experienced through matters connected with love, romance, children or artistic expression.

The link you posted I can't see...I never took aspects so soft into account - I also dont understand the 5th house thing?

sylph

The link you posted I can't see...I never took aspects so soft into account - I also dont understand the 5th house thing?

Cancer is ruled by the Moon, and Cancer is on your 5th house cusp. So to some extent, your emotions (Moon) can be influenced and/or affected by 5th house matters.

waterbaby12

ok ok found the link but I don't get what you're trying to tell me:whistling: that my moon and venus are not harmonious? youve seen my chart right? 12th house stellium? are you trying to kill me :annoyed: hahaha

kimbermoon

Yes i have studied your chart...it may be true that soft aspects may be quite subtle, yet to ignore them is not especially wise...as I said it could be something you are blocking from your awareness, or subconsciously choosing to deny.

Both the Moon and Venus play into your relationship chemistry [as does Mars]. The Moon represents your emotional conditioning from the past, Venus represents your ideals and expectations about relationship and what you value in love. These may be somewhat distorted by what you experienced in viewing your parents relationship as a child. The other harmonious aspects of Venus may serve to outweigh the Moon's influence; just remember how much of our lives are affected by our emotions.

As per the 8th H, that relates to deep psychological issues and the potential for crisis, as well as life and death issues.