moon in aries

petalpossom

what are some of YOUR perceptions on aries moon folk.
for example, when i date them, they stop talking to me. it is inevitable; they assume i am going to stifle them immediately. (my moon is in taurus)
i am curious about personal experiences.

Ixaee

Im also Moon in Taurus :happy: --- and my most recent ex was a Moon in Aries. He was very aggressive/volatile.. but I didnt realize this until years into the relationship. (He was a Pisces sun/pisces mars.. and VERY subtle at first..)

A cousin of mine was also Aries Mars (before he passed) and he was very much a go-getter type person... angry at times, but always cooled down quickly and used his energy to take charge and clear very new paths in life!

It can be positive or negative.. depending on the other energies at play.

sleepy_cat

I have a new friend who is pisces sun/pisces mars and aries moon and he seems passive aggressive if anything. i still "feel" (my moon in cancer :D) there's something more aggressive to him (than a strong-willed character) but as of now he hasn't manifested openly yet hee hee. Interesting what u said abt this aspect being somehow masked by all the pisces stuff, as I understood it

SecretGarden

My ex is an Aries Moon. We dated and he broke up with me for no reason, and I tried once to tell him that breaking up was a mistake. He didn't think so for more than a year. Then he really wanted to get back together for 6 months and I didn't, telling me that what he did was a mistake. Then when I finally forgave him for dumping me the first time (Moon and Venus conjunct in Scorpio - it's hard for me to forgive being slighted), I found out he had a fiancee. He's a little older than me, he is married now. It still makes me sad when I think about it. But he basically got married on a whim (Moon in Aries!), after knowing the girl for 2 or 3 months. This sounds terrible but there's no way their short, few month relationship can compare to the years we've known each other and the depth of our relationship.

Long story short, Moon in Aries = unpredictable. Can't think of anything else in his chart that makes him that way. Sun, Mercury, Venus all in Cancer tightly conjunct (1, 2 and 3 degrees), Mars and Saturn in Scorpio, Capricorn rising... It's gotta be the Aries Moon - impulsive, brash, and foolhardy in this case.

Horus

My younger brother has Moon in Aries, Cancer Sun and Libra Rising. There's nothing brash or impulsive about him at all. Moon is not projective, it's receptive, and among other things = 'needs', so it definitely shouldn't be read like an Aries Sunsign. It's instinctive, tempermental, competitive and has a need to be independent, and usually indicates a pushy mother -which ours was to some degree.

for example, when i date them, they stop talking to me. it is inevitable; they assume i am going to stifle them immediately. (my moon is in taurus)

This is rather a sweeping generalisation :whistling: you should remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects*

Anything in Aries is impatient, wants results quickly and acts impuslively. But for example this would be the reverse if moon was conjunct saturn, neptune or pluto :kissing:

michel12

My younger brother has Moon in Aries, Cancer Sun and Libra Rising. There's nothing brash or impulsive about him at all. Moon is not projective, it's receptive, and among other things = 'needs', so it definitely shouldn't be read like an Aries Sunsign. It's instinctive, tempermental, competitive and has a need to be independent, and usually indicates a pushy mother -which ours was to some degree.
my brother is a scorpio sun aries moon-he has no aries traits about him so i agree with you moon cant be read like sunsign.

AriScoPis87

I've always found these type of Moons to be very impulsive when it comes to love. I know a girl who has Leo sun and an Aries Moon-Mars and she is VERY aggressive when she gets mad. I mean she'll literally lay a hand on someone, male or female, and fight; even if there is nothing going on.

I also notice they get very hot headed when it's just one negative comment geared toward them. They kind of react like a crying baby almost or a very angry child (Aries = newborn).

I am an Aries Sun (Scorpio Moon), but my impulsies usually come from days, weeks, months, or years of just desiring it. I've even gone on for almost 4-5 years bugging my parents about getting my navel pierced about 9 years ago, and at the time I was 15 when I just finally had it and just went it got it pierced. My punishment of corse was if it got infected I was going to be punished enough from the cleaning and the infection. Ahhh my Scorpio father, gotta thanks him for the twist lol

Anyway, back the Aries Moon!

They sure blunt individuals! All sun signs with this placement have a varied degree of being blunt, but the ones with a Fire sun and/or mercury always are blunt to the point of being hurtful and not caring if you don't like it.

The one thing that does get under my skin about them is the lack of awareness to their physical surroundings. This is more true when driving. They tend to be the types to get into more than one car accident in their lifetime.

Horus

I've always found these type of Moons to be very impulsive when it comes to love. I know a girl who has Leo sun and an Aries Moon-Mars and she is VERY aggressive when she gets mad.

Umm yeah -Mars in Aries! lol

Anyway, back the Aries Moon!

They sure blunt individuals! All sun signs with this placement have a varied degree of being blunt, but the ones with a Fire sun and/or mercury always are blunt to the point of being hurtful and not caring if you don't like it.

It just depends on so many other things -esp. the ASC. Sag. Rising can be blunt regardless of the Moon sign. And as noted Libra Rising -the opposite of Aries- is not blunt at all w/ the Aries Moon. I speak from experience on that. Aries can affect the temperament, but the Moon isn't the planet that goes charging forth!

Umm yeah -Mars in Aries! lol

It just depends on so many other things -esp. the ASC. Sag. Rising can be blunt regardless of the Moon sign. And as noted Libra Rising -the opposite of Aries- is not blunt at all w/ the Aries Moon. I speak from experience on that. Aries can affect the temperament, but the Moon isn't the planet that goes charging forth!

I totally agree, I have moon in aries, wide orb conj my taurus stellium which is very placid and laid back. This is the danger of 'cook book' interpretations, as real astrology would look at lots of other things that would either compensate, dampen or exalt how moon reacts....

hypnotiqu3

My first true lover is a Taurus Moon, and my Moon is in Aries. We're born a day apart during the same year but from different states. We are night and day. Coming from the source, I'd say that we can be intimidating with our strong personalities. I'm impulsive, aggressive and a lot more emotionally energetic than he. The natural streak of narcissism that all humans posses seems to be stronger in Lunar Ariens, too.

They can be fickle, often enjoy the thrill of the chase more than the catch itself. My advice to gain his attention back is to "blow him off" and make him work for it again.

Venusinlibra

My mother has moon in aries. My moon is in cancer, square to hers. We are not able to say good morning without arguing. My perception is that she is not fit to be a mother at all - aries has nothing to do with taking care or nurturing. Also, she is totally unable to provide a warm, conforting home or enviroment. I feel like she is happy only when figthing. Since my early childhood, she always had the need to figth over some stupid subject in the most crude and violent way, and then behave in the most proud and ofended manner, quitting talking to me for a couple of days. Its useless trying to avoid discussions, she will keep teasing and teasing till the figth blows. You can imagine how poisonous is the atmosphere in such a relationship. She behave the same way to my father and sister, so its not about the two of us only. Her sun is in sagitarius. However, it seems to be a behaviour she saves only to her most close relatives (a moon, cancer, 4th house thing), since she has lots of friends to whom she is the most pleasant and easy going person.

hypnotiqu3

My mother has moon in aries. My moon is in cancer, square to hers. We are not able to say good morning without arguing. My perception is that she is not fit to be a mother at all - aries has nothing to do with taking care or nurturing. Also, she is totally unable to provide a warm, conforting home or enviroment. I feel like she is happy only when figthing. Since my early childhood, she always had the need to figth over some stupid subject in the most crude and violent way, and then behave in the most proud and ofended manner, quitting talking to me for a couple of days. Its useless trying to avoid discussions, she will keep teasing and teasing till the figth blows. You can imagine how poisonous is the atmosphere in such a relationship. She behave the same way to my father and sister, so its not about the two of us only. Her sun is in sagitarius. However, it seems to be a behaviour she saves only to her most close relatives (a moon, cancer, 4th house thing), since she has lots of friends to whom she is the most pleasant and easy going person.

I can personally understand this synastry. I've dated an older male with his moon in cancer. I've learned that my moon in aries wants things done yesterday, that I want to resolve all conflict at the time it arises and with force and I have also learned that the horned creatures of the zodiac have a flair for headbutting...all of this came through with connecting with this cancer moon.

He takes on the role of a crab whilst I took on the role of a Ram. When he felt hurt or scolded by me (which was never my intention) he'd recluse back into his cave until he felt safe to come back out again. This irritated me to no end. I've come to realize that my sharp-tounge that seems to only want to work when I'm angry, has hurt some people - including him. I've also come to learn that whilst most impulsive people are off accomplishing new things, the more emotional people are left behind cleaning the mess. And this is selfish - another trait of a lunar arien that I'm not so proud of.

I dont think your mother loves you any less, her love is expressed differently. We are not naturally nuturing/affectionate people - as much as we'd like to be. Cancer rules the sign of the mother, the moon, and all of our emotions, you are a natural born mother, with affectionate and warm loving instincts. You're very emotional and probably empathetic to the point of having a strong psychic streak naturally. Aries is ruled by the planet of all action, Mars - able to make quick decisions, sharp judgements and leading the way for the pack. Its hard to not be slefish sometimes, but I promise we make up for it in other areas of life.

My mother has moon in aries. My moon is in cancer, square to hers. We are not able to say good morning without arguing. My perception is that she is not fit to be a mother at all - aries has nothing to do with taking care or nurturing. Also, she is totally unable to provide a warm, conforting home or enviroment. I feel like she is happy only when figthing. Since my early childhood, she always had the need to figth over some stupid subject in the most crude and violent way, and then behave in the most proud and ofended manner, quitting talking to me for a couple of days. Its useless trying to avoid discussions, she will keep teasing and teasing till the figth blows. You can imagine how poisonous is the atmosphere in such a relationship. She behave the same way to my father and sister, so its not about the two of us only. Her sun is in sagitarius.[see, three most important things in a natal chart is sun, moon and Asc- two out of three are extremely independent] However, it seems to be a behaviour she saves only to her most close relatives (a moon, cancer, 4th house thing), since she has lots of friends to whom she is the most pleasant and easy going person.

that's more to do with your synastry between the two of you and without seeing both charts no one can make such sweeping statements about just moon in Aries being non nurturing. I have moon in Aries and was very very loving, caring and demonstrative with my kids

How is her moon aspected??

Aries may soon to 'flare up' but one of thier greatest qualities is to forgive and forget and move on. Which is something that the water signs find impossible to do:love:

byjove

Account Closed
My mother has Moon in Aries. I don't know of anyone close to me besides her with it, and one is enough lol. She gets sudden ideas and in a millisecond it is attention, march, charge! This is particularly lethal with money...though that may be just in her chart...we think she's Cancer rising according to my grandmother's birth time for her. This sudden spark nature is giving my dad fuss to no end. There's just no rhyme or reason sometimes, just sparks out of nowhere. So, she's Sun in Capricorn, Cancer Rising and Moon in Aries opposite my Sun in Aries, Cancer Rising and Moon in Virgo...we are at ends quite a lot...but as time has gone on, learned to respect differences and part company temporarily until the winds change.

Does any of this ring a bell for you? The emotional reactions? The connections with others who may or may not understand the Moon Aries nature?

AriScoPis87

@ Venusinlibra,

You mother sounds like she has a more playful sign in Mercury besides her moon sign in Aries. By any chance do you know what her Mercury & Mars are and what houses those are in?

Also what sign is your Chiron in and your Mother's?

I've got a feeling her Chiron activated something in your chart to cause you to feel very hurtful over the years.

AriScoPis87

@ byjove

So, she's Sun in Capricorn, Cancer Rising and Moon in Aries opposite my Sun in Aries, Cancer Rising and Moon in Virgo

Sun: Capricorn ........... Aries

Moon: Aries ............ Virgo

Rising: Cancer ............ Cancer

Her ascendent opposition's your ascendent, which means your outward self doesn't sit well with her. So your public persona, when put on, she'll react the opposite to what you want because of it. This is more affected by transits, solar return, and progressive charts.

The good news is you know how your mother works because of your moon sign. Same element is good in at least not being too intense.

The really ironic part of all this: her rising conjunct your rising. She was a lot like you at your age because of this. She may have handled it in a different way because of her moon sign versus your own, but that is one reason she does what she does.

And since her moon conjuncts your moon: she'll always know exactly how to push your buttons emotionally like any mother can. She easily sees that, but her Aries thought process is the do now think later, so she forgets this easily.

Then with your moons: square, square, SQUARE! You two are on different levels of expression for how you feel. She is exuberant and a fire cracker. You are refine and detailed in explanation. She is too direct and blunt; You think things over and only speak up when it's appropriate. She gets passive-aggressive; You get aggressive when you reach your breaking point after days, weeks, months, or years of being pushed around (yes Virgos of any Sun/Moon/Rising can blow up, but only when pushed too far).

What you both need to do is sit down together, make sure you both have food in front of you (anyone with strong fire or Aries in the chart have a hard time being patient with in a conversation). Have no distraction and don't sit near a clock. Talk to her one on one about what is going on. Make sure you don't direct it at her but say "I feel.... is hurting me when you do this and such... because I don't feel i can trust you or....". You have to make her think in the end that it's her idea (the moon is WAY more prideful then an Aries Sun because of the emotions it has).

But whatever you do, if she starts to get upset or mad or aggressive in tone, don't react the same way. Stay calm so she can realize that she is throwing it out of proportion. This will knock her back down to earth (hopefully!) and let you two be on the same page again (hopefully!) lol

Venusinlibra

that's more to do with your synastry between the two of you and without seeing both charts no one can make such sweeping statements about just moon in Aries being non nurturing. I have moon in Aries and was very very loving, caring and demonstrative with my kids

How is her moon aspected??

Hi Astrologer50
Yes there are other issues, as its likely in astrology. She has saturn cunjunct moon, so her saturn also square my moon and asc. Her moon is opposite my venus, and her venus is in virgo, which is kind of a detached position for venus to be, I think.