Moon conjunct Venus - emotionally vunderable?

robots

I have that aspect, but it's also conjunct Saturn and it's all in the 8th house and squares my Scorpio Pluto.

I think all that Scorpio influence along with Saturn/Venus/the Moon in there makes me really devastated by rejection, but at the same time my brain can't comprehend the fact that I've been rejected. So I keep thinking that maybe in like, 5 years or something I'll be with someone again so getting over that person is just silly. So I keep liking that person and hurting myself. I have problems with letting go of people. I think my 8th house Aquarian Saturn really hates change, especially when relationships and friendships are involved, thanks to it's conjunction to the Moon.

Also, I used to have the problem with feeling "unloved" for the longest time since I kind of lacked any real friends, but then I got awesome friends and unlocked all my fantastic Sun square Jupiter energy. Sun's ego with Jupiter's proportions. Hah.

LittleMiss

I'm picking up this thread again, because this moon/venus conjunction interests me.
I'm working as a teachers assistant now, and yesterday I was reading a book on psycology and pedagogy. It was talking about the differences there has been (specially 10-20 years back atleast where I live) in how men and women realized themselfs, and their inner potential. It said that men realized themself by work and active engagment "out there". While women realized themself by intimate relationships with other people. (In the end leading to a husband and then children to provide for...).
And that made me think about moon venus conjuntion again. Because I have this extreme need to relate to other people. I struggle with a sense of dissapearing or not existing, or in the other way - only really existing through other people. Beeing what I am, only when it is seen through eyes of others.. And this has caused me alot of anxiety and problems in my life.
And due to what I raid, I just thought it was a bit currious how the book described how women related to other people and realized themself through intimate relationsships. While I have a moon/venus conjunction, those two most feminin planets togehter, and pretty much struggle with this theme...
I do not feel an extreme need to reproduse myself though, or to neccessarily have a MAN. But the need to relate to someone, friends, a community, familiy, BELONG, have a place, be seen and recognized and mean something to other people is extremly important for my wellbeeing...

Kenoshamaensa

Hi, Little Miss -- I was curious about your question as your (initial) description of feeling and not pretty sounded very familiar to me, but the aspect not at all. So I gave your chart a gander and then read through the previous discussion. I see several people already pointed out some things that leapt out at me.

I think/suspect the chief culprit here is Moon-Saturn in square, both of which involve other personal planets (Mars-Venus) that also square. Saturn can be a wet blanket even in easy aspects. I happen to have a Moon-Saturn sextile, which I mostly experience as good, but even that can lend a feeling of depression at times when certain transits hit. Partly this is because both make inconjuncts to my Sun (forming a yod). I've always felt the energy of those inconjunctions in similar ways to what you described (if not the exact same). Moon-Sun inconjunct makes emotional expression difficult, but of more interest here, Sun-Saturn inconjunct can make me feel "not good enough." When the inconjunct gets set off, that Moon-Saturn sextile suddenly starts feeling more like a Moon-Saturn square! I feel rejected, unattractive, unhappy, etc.

I've been thinking more about this of late because I've been trying to understand the yod better, which is why your initial question interested me.

Coming back to your renewed question, and how it relates, I do think the Moon-Venus conjunction is a particularly feminine energy AND it would indicate that you relate in charming ways, that you prefer to have easy relationships with others, that you enjoy children (5th house) and other forms of entertainment and relate to people particularly well on that plane, and perhaps also (on the more shadow side) that you NEED to be liked. But -- as someone already pointed out (several someones) in the above discussion, that conjunction is sitting in Aquarius, and the 5th house is ruled by Capricorn ... neither of which are particularly *Venusian* (or emotional) signs. Saturn RULES both (Capricorn of course still, and Aquarius traditionally) ... and Saturn is squaring it. (Squares are, ime, experienced more internally and oppositions more in relating to others, so the square here is more about your sensitivities, less about someone else "oppressing" your expression.)

So I think all that is something to be aware of. Saturn can feel restrictive to your Moon-Venus energy, both by sign and rulership, and by aspect (and Mars just lends power to Saturn in that square!). The thing about stress aspects though, is once you learn to MANAGE them, they move you forward in ways even a sextile won't (nevermind the easy trine). Saturn restricts, yes ... but Saturn also GROUNDS and adds structure. Once you get on top of that square from Saturn-Mars and learn to use it, it'll make your lovely Moon-Venus conjunction very powerful. :)

LittleMiss

Hi!
Thank you for taken the time to look at my chart and writing such a long reply!

It has been a while since I read the whole discussion myself, it just came to my mind again when I encountered the femininity aspects.

It is interesting that you feel somewhat the same as me with your yod! It is always educational to find similaritys, and how aspects play themselfs out.

To what you say about my square, yes I'm very aware of Saturns effect on my Moon-Venus. And for sure it's not an external thing (like an opposition). Always when I tell people about my social anxiety or fear of rejections they reply: "But WHY are you afraid of that? Everybody likes you! You are just loving and kind!" So the fear is absolutly internal, it's just always there.
- But my take on this is more of the conjunction (moon/venus) beeing in Aquarius, as it is the sign that rules friendship!? And the 5th house for self expression. I think that makes the square the way it is, -the great need to relate to friends, and expressing myself (5th house) through other people!? I guess it would have been different in another sign or house. And Moon-Venus seeking emotional security through relating to other people!?

And on top of that, comes the square, and to be honest I can't say I really understand how squares work. Sometimes I feel I grasp it, and sometimes not. It seems like I internalize the power in the Saturn-Mars conjunction. I've used it against myself, trying in a destructive way to control everything about me. But apart from that - I haven't been able to figure out how it actually work, not to mention how I can manage it... Any suggestions?
Thank you so much though, for the positive statement at the end of your post, I do belive you and I'm looking forward to the square moving me forward!! :smile:

Last edited:

Kenoshamaensa

To what you say about my square, yes I'm very aware of Saturns effect on my Moon-Venus. And for sure it's not an external thing (like an opposition). Always when I tell people about my social anxiety or fear of rejections they reply: "But WHY are you afraid of that? Everybody likes you! You are just loving and kind!" So the fear is absolutly internal, it's just always there.

Yes, I get a similar sort of reaction. I was once told someone in my department once said of me, "Nobody dislikes her. She gets along with everybody." Not strictly true, but I found it a shocking comment because I wouldn't have expected anybody to say such a thing. H. Richard Niebuhr once wrong, "To see ourselves as others see us, or to have others communicate to us what they see when they regard our lives from the outside, is to have a moral experience." (THE MEANING OF REVELATION)

But my take on this is more of the conjunction (moon/venus) beeing in Aquarius, as it is the sign that rules friendship!? And the 5th house for self expression. I think that makes the square the way it is, -the great need to relate to friends, and expressing myself (5th house) through other people!?

I might characterize that more as 11th house, but obviously the 11th and 5th are axis houses, so I'm not sure that's not as correct in essentials for 5th house.

I guess it would have been different in another sign or house. And Moon-Venus seeking emotional security through relating to other people!?

And on top of that, comes the square, and to be honest I can't say I really understand how squares work. Sometimes I feel I grasp it, and sometimes not. It seems like I internalize the power in the Saturn-Mars conjunction. I've used it against myself, trying in a destructive way to control everything about me.

That actually sounds fairly apt to me. Saturn is controlling, Mars is forceful and the square is internalized. Saturn-Mars wants to limit-control-direct the more social feeling Moon-Venus. Although your take from the INSIDE may be a little different.

But apart from that - I haven't been able to figure out how it actually work, not to mention how I can manage it... Any suggestions?

I'm no expert, but in my experience, squares tend to find relief/release via the easing aspects to them. Isolated squares with no easing aspects are a pain in the next because they're like a pressure cooker with no relief valve. So I would look to the other easy aspects to these planet combos as ways to take off the pressure of the square. Then you'll learn to recognize it (and manage it), I think.

cataluna

hi there, here's my take on your chart and your situation....I understand, I am a pisces as well, with virgo so. node, it's a difficult combo, not easy. you have your pisces sun and merc. in the virgo house, so there is naturally self-esteem and confidenc issues with all that virgo/picses - we are kind, giving, sacrificing and humble, but we aren't driven by ego. there are still ways to overcome that and learn to love and value oneself.
your moon and venus in aquarius are in the 5ths hse. of Leo, those strong aquarius archetypes can have issues with feeling alienated, wanting to belong, feeling like the outsider with others, and being in the Leo house there are deep, deep issues with rejection - having the emtional moon there, Leo energy doesn't like to be rejected, and takes everything to heart, personalizes every interaction with people (venus there too), and may feel like they are rejected because they are "wierd" "different" (the aquarius energy), and bring those strong feelings of emotional alienation from others. this too can be overcome by doing the inner work and accepting yourself from within.
You have deep abandonment issues, from your childhood and from prior lives, with all that 4th hse. energy, so. node in the 4th house, deep emotional attachments and your soul has known abandonment. This too can be healed from learning that security comes from within. And your saturn - venus square, you can feel quite frustrated with relationships, like the energy is blocked, doesn't flow...but it is teaching you to slow down and have caution, set boundaries, get to know people slowly ,don't merge with the wrong people. (pisces). be verrrry discerning with other people (virgo) and use your all your natural pisces psychic energy ,develop it, to know who are good people and not good people to be around.
it all really comes down to loving yourself, accepting your self , then you will attract that to you.
the site www.innerbonding.com will show you how to do this, quickly and easily, it has worked wonders for me and others.

peace hang in there believe in yourself
Cataluna

cataluna

oh I forgot to add, that intense vulnerability and sensitivity comes from your pisces sun and merc. in the 6th hse. of virgo....so intensely sensitive. that's a good thing though!

peace
Cataluna

LittleMiss

hi there, here's my take on your chart and your situation....I understand, I am a pisces as well, with virgo so. node, it's a difficult combo, not easy. you have your pisces sun and merc. in the virgo house, so there is naturally self-esteem and confidenc issues with all that virgo/picses - we are kind, giving, sacrificing and humble, but we aren't driven by ego. there are still ways to overcome that and learn to love and value oneself.
your moon and venus in aquarius are in the 5ths hse. of Leo, those strong aquarius archetypes can have issues with feeling alienated, wanting to belong, feeling like the outsider with others, and being in the Leo house there are deep, deep issues with rejection - having the emtional moon there, Leo energy doesn't like to be rejected, and takes everything to heart, personalizes every interaction with people (venus there too), and may feel like they are rejected because they are "wierd" "different" (the aquarius energy), and bring those strong feelings of emotional alienation from others. this too can be overcome by doing the inner work and accepting yourself from within.
You have deep abandonment issues, from your childhood and from prior lives, with all that 4th hse. energy, so. node in the 4th house, deep emotional attachments and your soul has known abandonment. This too can be healed from learning that security comes from within. And your saturn - venus square, you can feel quite frustrated with relationships, like the energy is blocked, doesn't flow...but it is teaching you to slow down and have caution, set boundaries, get to know people slowly ,don't merge with the wrong people. (pisces). be verrrry discerning with other people (virgo) and use your all your natural pisces psychic energy ,develop it, to know who are good people and not good people to be around.
it all really comes down to loving yourself, accepting your self , then you will attract that to you.
the site www.innerbonding.com will show you how to do this, quickly and easily, it has worked wonders for me and others.

Cataluna

Hi Cataluna! I just wanted to say that everything you wrote here is recognizable for me. I think you hit the nail and really understand!
I will read yours and the other reply thoroughly later, and reply again. But really - everything you wrote here describes my problem (and hopefully solutions!).

LittleMiss

Yes, I get a similar sort of reaction. I was once told someone in my department once said of me, "Nobody dislikes her. She gets along with everybody." Not strictly true, but I found it a shocking comment because I wouldn't have expected anybody to say such a thing. H. Richard Niebuhr once wrong, "To see ourselves as others see us, or to have others communicate to us what they see when they regard our lives from the outside, is to have a moral experience." (THE MEANING OF REVELATION)

I might characterize that more as 11th house, but obviously the 11th and 5th are axis houses, so I'm not sure that's not as correct in essentials for 5th house.

That actually sounds fairly apt to me. Saturn is controlling, Mars is forceful and the square is internalized. Saturn-Mars wants to limit-control-direct the more social feeling Moon-Venus. Although your take from the INSIDE may be a little different.

I'm no expert, but in my experience, squares tend to find relief/release via the easing aspects to them. Isolated squares with no easing aspects are a pain in the next because they're like a pressure cooker with no relief valve. So I would look to the other easy aspects to these planet combos as ways to take off the pressure of the square. Then you'll learn to recognize it (and manage it), I think.

To your first paragraph:
Yes, and what I have come to discover is that it's not the people that others really dislikes that are worried about not beeing acepted.
It is more often those people who are insecure and are working too hard to get aproval from others.

About the 11th/5th house axis:
Yes I agree it is the 11th house, but Aquarius rules that house, and is in my 5th. So that is why I think I get this reverced thing regarding all those 5th house things needing to be experienced through 11th house themes. I think this, expecially in this case (because of that ugly square) is difficult...

It's like i really WANT to shine, but I want to shine together with others, blend, belong, to feel friendship, affection, belonging, laugh and enjoy myself and so one, and it feels like I only can do this with/through other people. (Moon/venus in 5th house Aquarius) but then at the same time I feel so inhibited. (And are so very vulnerable to rejections) (the square).

To your last paragraph:
Hmm, yes, I've read that before too, about the trines and sextiles. I guess I have some of those. A trine from venus to uranus for instanse...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!!

I've just beeing rejected by a boy. He won't have me, he's not interested (or/and he's taken as a matter of fact). I knew this, but once again I'm devestaded. I feel shaken to the core, so terribly hurt, feel so rejected by the entire world, feeling ugly, feeling stupid, feeling that everything is wrong with me...

I've always been so extremly sensitive to other peoples reactions towards me. Expesially from the opposite sex, terribly affraid of not beeing good enough. I've been so afraid of taking action and making any move that I've spent my previous years captured in longterm unhappy relationships. Now I've started to work on these skills, trying to overcome my fears and low selfesteem, but then - I have to face som rejections and it is so terribly painfull...

I'm linking this up to my venus conjunct moon. Because it is all those venus-kind-of-things I feel so hurtful about, and have been so afraid of...

I wanted to know if any of you share this aspect, and how you deal with it, and experience it in your everyday life?

Of course there is other indication in the chart for my vulnerability also, but because I need to work on how to assert my venus, (and deal with my moon, at the same time), I'm interested in inputs to this subject.

Aquarius really needs friendship, freedom and independence and conversation and sometimes this aspect is more important than the physical side.

venus square moon
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24933&highlight=venus+square+moon

these two also being squared by saturn/mars conjunction. alone these two really don't get along and cause delays, frustrations and limitations. Then in hard aspect to venus/moon suggests feeling unloved and uncherished from childhood. You may always feel you have to 'give out' twice as much love as that you receive back just due to these two aspects from saturn unfortunately....

Then you have all planets below the horizion suggesting lots of subjectivity and *inner focus* not enough objectivity ie; ability to put yourself in others shoes..
http://wilsontc.stormloader.com/Step_1_Inner_and_outer_focus.htm#continue

LittleMiss

Cataluna

Like I wrote yesterday, this post is so accurate and recognizable for me, like I would have described it myself. It seems like you really understand where I'm comming from!!
- Yes I really agree, there are certain things about the pisces/virgo combination that is very difficult to deal with. I think it is similar to a relationship where two people can't live without eachother, but not with eachother either...

No one has articulated my problem with the leo-house conjunction so exact before, that really stunned me. I do personalize every interaction, and it's almost as I feel a great sorrow, and like I'm loosing a part of myself, when something relating to another person doesn't work out right.
I'm continualy working with myself on this, not taking everything to heart, like you say. And yes I've ALWAYS felt weird, and different, even though I'm (now) aware that I'm really not, (at least not on the outside).

Yes, I think I do have deep abandonment issues. Some of them I think I've brought with me into this life. I've never studied karmic-astrology, but I have a feeling that I'm carrying some wounds that I didn't get in this life.
Your advice seems extremly right on, about developing relationships slowly. I've spent my life up until a year ago (or so) merging with not just the wrong people, but almost everybody as long as they wanted to merge with me... I've had no bounderies at all, like I've been starving for emotional contact. Now I'm more in a hermit situation, but I think I need to learn to take care of myself...

I'll take a look at the link you posted. Thank you, thank you, thank you for what you wrote!!

LittleMiss

Aquarius really needs friendship, freedom and independence and conversation and sometimes this aspect is more important than the physical side.

venus square moon
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24933&highlight=venus+square+moon

these two also being squared by saturn/mars conjunction. alone these two really don't get along and cause delays, frustrations and limitations. Then in hard aspect to venus/moon suggests feeling unloved and uncherished from childhood. You may always feel you have to 'give out' twice as much love as that you receive back just due to these two aspects from saturn unfortunately....

Then you have all planets below the horizion suggesting lots of subjectivity and *inner focus* not enough objectivity ie; ability to put yourself in others shoes..
http://wilsontc.stormloader.com/Step_1_Inner_and_outer_focus.htm#continue

I don't have moon-venus square, they are conjunct!

Yes I have always had those negative thought-patterns due to the saturn-mars square. And you are right about me feeling that I'm giving out more then I receive. I think, fortunatly with all my pisces influence this doesn't bother me that much. I've come to think that the person giving love is the richest anyhow.

I have a lot of inner focus, thats for sure. But I don't recognize having a hard time putting myself in other peoples shoes, that is actually one thing I feel I'm good at. It is something I have to do frequently, so I don't internalize every little thing, thinking it's my fault.

cataluna

Hi Little Miss,
thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated! I really do understand, being a Pisces with a lot of virgo myself, and I really relate to all the intense emotional vulnerability. reading your post has helped to validate my own experience with that, so thanks, that is helpful. it can be so hard, our western world can be a bit harsh and not value the Pisces Virgo type of energy, sensitivity, giving, but the world def. needs more genuine kindness and caring that pisces/virgo brings.
yeah i think it's important to see your moon is in the Leo house, to understand how things are so deeply personalized, because if you just read about the aqaurius moon you'd see, "detached, impersonal" etc...but the hse. placement is so important, such an emotional and personal moon there in the hse. of the leo heart, but it might not show outwardly because you could appear detached or aloof to hide it, coping mechanism. I do this, I have a ton of pisces in my chart but people often don't realize how sensitive I am because i have a lot of aquarius and can come across detached/aloof/defense mechanism. so i totally understand. I have Uranus MC so i am a natural aquarian type, i understand feeling alienated/outsider, but like you said there is nothing wierd about you, but aquarian types can feel that way...i have come to like being a natural loner, "do my own thing".
I do think it helps to see the abandonment pattern, from this life in childhood and prior lives, then you don't take it so personally when a boy appears to reject you - it has nothing to do with you, or him rejecting you as a person, you are just re-enacting a familiar abandonment pattern (subconsciously) so you can face it and heal it - if it wasn't with him, it could be someone else. It helps to see it that way to not take it personally.
www.innerbonding.com helps with that directly, to learn to be there for the abandoned inner child, then you will attract someone who is there for you because you are there for yourself.
the pisces virgo combo isn't easy, we are so selfless, martyring sometimes, i do find it hard to receive. i like how you explain how there is more joy in giving anyhow, i do love to give. I find it to be euphoric and a natural high sometimes, to give, in a healthy way, not in a codependent way like I used to, but with boundaries. I have learned to give a lot to myelf, so now i have more to give to others. I am learning it's ok to receive too ,and to be discerning - who to give to, how much, who not to give to, to give to myself, etc.. the pisces virgo archetypes can feel victimization sometimes - we just need to give that kindness and compassion to ourselves instead. :biggrin: I am still working on having better boundaries, to avoid negative energy.
Thanks again for the feedback, I was lucky to have a really amazing astro teacher who really understood the archetypes. and having a pisces sun and pisces merc., i may seem spacey sometimes, but i have lots of intuition to apply to astro charts which i think is cool!

hang in there pisces. the world needs more kind pisces!
cheers
Cataluna

cataluna

oh P.S. just wanted to say i can totally relate to the feeling of over merging with others, that feeling of "starving for emotional contact" (haha, you really helped clarify that for me in myself), my issues with that. I am learning to turn to Spiritual Guidance to merge with, fill myself up, so I can stop merging with others, esp. unhealthy people. it's nice to merge but only with someone you know and trust. I learned to merge with others to get them to like me, meet their needs, become them, but that is a form of self-abandonment I'm trying to overcome. there is a great book by Dr. Margaret Paul "do I have to give up me to be loved by you" that is really helpful for that, it is the basis for "innerbonding". And also, being a hermit type is very pisces, it is ok to be a hermit sometimes, pisces types need a lot of retreat from the world to get balances and shake off others' energy.
I hermit when i need to and it's great, like today to just chill and be in my own energy.

ok peace keep on truckin':cool:
Cataluna