Moon conjunct South Node

poshslob

What is the significance of having Moon conjunct South Node? It's in Taurus in the 5th house.

Nexus7

I was asked to do a reading for a child with Moon conjunct SNode once. And I felt loth to do so, as all the cookbooks I came across were so negative about it. All about the pull of regressive tendencies set to mire you in the past, and so on.

Well, you may well decide that the cap does in fact fit there, if there is an inner 'stick-in-the-mud' in you, a reluctance to let go when maybe you should.

But maybe that simply is the nature of the beast - of the South Node, that is. It may have a tendency to ask us to 'let go' because that is what it is all about - at least, this appears to be the Vedic perspective on it. From this perspective, it may be that its skills work best for us when put to service for others rather than for ourselves - after all, the South Node is not actually the 'mouth' of the dragon, where ingestion of new experiences should be sought - it is a point of discharge, or evacuation...Its innate gifts may be of great service to us, but the other side if this is that its skills can be linked a little too closely with personal survival. It can be scary to let go of these skills because there is the fear that you might not survive if you let these go.

So if the cap still fits, then it may be a question of gently saying whenever you may feel at all 'stuck' - well, let us try something just a little different this one time and see where it takes us....'

Actually, I have also heard in Vedic circles, that if you must have the Moon on a node, it is less troubling, in fact, to have it on the South Node rather than on the North Node. The North Node, with its liking for new, untrammelled experiences, can be a little troubling for the Moon, which can require a certain amount of tranquillity in order to feel secure.

It can also mean that you may feel the desire to separate from your family matrix quite early on, which in fact, is what happened with the child whose chart I was asked to discuss: she left home at 16 and started her own family at 19. She stayed on good terms with her mother, however, as far as I can tell.

So I would suggest that you may have the Taurean gifts of stability and should honour and respect these, but that these may work most in your favour if you can also accept the need within yourself to slough off and renew some old memories, or possessions or ways of doing things, occasionally, too.

Last edited:

Soul Friend

Looking at the basics remember that your Moon is very important and the S. Node depicts the past and its gifts. I've got this placement and choose to see this as starting where I left off giving me a leg up in the balance department as I seek to develop the Gemini qualities to round out my Sag. Moon & S.N. This might be easier for me having Jupiter in Gemini. Just some thoughts from a Native.

Filypeborela

Looking at the basics remember that your Moon is very important and the S. Node depicts the past and its gifts. I've got this placement and choose to see this as starting where I left off giving me a leg up in the balance department as I seek to develop the Gemini qualities to round out my Sag. Moon & S.N. This might be easier for me having Jupiter in Gemini. Just some thoughts from a Native.
Hey, I have moon conjunct south node in virgo and mercury, that rules virgo, in pisces conjunct north node. So you have a similar situation, in which the moon is conjunct south node and their ruler is conjunct the north node. I always wondered what it means to have the ruler of a node conjunct the other node, in it's exile.

Daniel123

1655039463456.png

I would add that it makes people rather introverted or withdrawn.
Often they are unaware of how much their mother has shaped their personality and outlook on life.