Misinformation and Political Spamming

chay

Banned
I really feel that the amount of biased political pushing and anti-vax propaganda are getting out of hand here.
It's becoming radicalised.
This is why Right Wing posters have been shut down from major social media sites.
Some posters make no contributions that are not political even falsifying Astrology to fit their agendas.
I think this is a negative contribution to this forum and the Astrology community in general. Opinion is one thing, but hateful spamming is another.

Dirius

4XCd5OQ.jpg

blackbery

They've been trying for over a year now to ban & censor every conservative, Republican, Christian or Trump supporter off the forum.

The Left only want THEIR postings to be allowed, they banned almost every conservative off the big tech social media giants & now they want to do the same here.

The Libs/Dems don't believe in FREE SPEECH they only believe in THEMSELVES having a voice & silencing everyone else.

They post non-stop lies, propaganda & bull about Trump, Reps, Christians, Conservatives & they are allowed to do that. Go ahead, do your Trump-hate rants if that makes you happy.
But they don't want ANYONE to disagree with them or have another point of view.

It's called tyranny.

tikana

I really feel that the amount of biased political pushing and anti-vax propaganda are getting out of hand here.
This is why Right Wing posters have been shut down from major social media sites.
Some posters make no contributions that are not political even falsifying Astrology to fit their agendas.
I think this is a negative contribution to this forum and the Astrology community in general. Opinion is one thing, but hateful spamming is another.

I think having general board opened to political rants regardless of the countries is a bad idea. This is astrological board.

CapAquaPis

I think having general board opened to political rants regardless of the countries is a bad idea. This is astrological board.

I have no issue with discussing current events of the day including on forums devoted to astrology, there are astrological charts for politicians, their parties and countries' or states governments and I don't mind anyone disagrees with me on many things without sorting to attacking, harassing and insulting posts.

rubyelixir

Yes lots of right wingers and conspiracy theorists ruining realastrology

CapAquaPis

Astrology isn't the only niche "taken over" by the far Right preaching Trump is the best president ever, despite his major failures and flaws, and preaching a lot of hate, he ruined conservatism, the Republican party and the former strong belief of American Democracy is unsinkable. I want to make a comparison of what the right wing would do, esp. these anonymous trolls on 4chan (like on their /b/ and /pol/ which are "random" and "politically incorrect" subforums).

As an anime fan, I remember anime was associated with Liberalism or the Left, many fans back then were labelled as dorks, dweebs, geeks and nerds, but we now believe there were many fans on the autism spectrum. Also many LGBT fans like Gays, Transgender people and "these men who love the waifus (wives or women characters) even want to be waifus themselves". And anime was associated with Japan, many asked "why do they admire Japan? A foreign country, they are East Asians".

Today, the Anime Right took over the fan base's originally social liberal-LGBT friendly-open to autism reputation 10-30 years ago. The Alt-right adapted the anime fan club because they believe Japan is more culturally conservative and traditional, cis-het-male dominated instead of being predominantly "feminine", a myth of Japan is homogeneous (it may appear 95% "look racially East Asian" without considering ties to China, Korea, Siberia and Malays in Japanese history ), and an ideal of a model society Japan gives off (we're not in the 1980s-90s anymore). It's upsetting to have anime associated with the far right nowadays.

Back on topic, to see what has happened to the AW in the past 4 years after Trump was elected to his only one term presidency, we need to do something about the false narrative of "if President Trump says Mexicans, Muslims, China, Black people/African-Americans and Native Americans are bad, it's OK to say it without consequences". I don't admire Trump at all, he has stirred the pot and on AW, I read posts from extremists who attacked Liberal Democrat posters. Look, I don't hate conservative Republicans who include my family members, friends and my lover, I think we need to tone down the extremism on here.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Calm down. There are numerous Trump-hate threads on the forum which you & many others participate in. You are allowed to do that, it's called free speech.

You don't seem to understand that free speech works both ways.

ALL your postings are hate-filled against me, against Trump, against the Right.

I don't believe the AW allows posts like "A certain political party voter base is evil", threaten their lives and defame them to a dehumanizing point. I can post "I believe Trump is an inflammatory, uncouth and unqualified president to begin with". It's no wonder he wasn't reelected and what I've read about pro-Trump sentiments with a large proportion of posters, I'm convinced the shifting away from the Alt-Right and SJW Left will bring the US back to the moderated center by 2024.

CapAquaPis

They've been trying for over a year now to ban & censor every conservative, Republican, Christian or Trump supporter off the forum.

The Left only want THEIR postings to be allowed, they banned almost every conservative off the big tech social media giants & now they want to do the same here.

The Libs/Dems don't believe in FREE SPEECH they only believe in THEMSELVES having a voice & silencing everyone else.

They post non-stop lies, propaganda & bull about Trump, Reps, Christians, Conservatives & they are allowed to do that. Go ahead, do your Trump-hate rants if that makes you happy.
But they don't want ANYONE to disagree with them or have another point of view.

It's called tyranny.

I never found a pro-communist, pro-anarchist, or anything declaring whites or Caucasians and males or men to be "evil" on the AW in the 9 going up to 10 years being a forum member. Just this week, the first elected woman Prime Minister of Sweden stepped down hours after elected to take office due to criticism of her persuasion to have the country's communist party to "share power" with center-Left and center-Right parties. I wondered what if she made them do the same with a fascist party? Liberalism has limits, so does conservatism and the center-Left and center-Right agree the dangers of extreme Left and Right ideologies. On the AW, I'm certain someone will read a pro-communist or pro-fascist post, then they report them for violation of forum rules, hate speech illegal in many nations since the forum follows the law in all international levels or "glamourizing" human rights crimes, and the post is gone, the poster is banned.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I think this is a negative contribution to this forum and the Astrology community in general. Opinion is one thing,

but hateful spamming is another.
spamming is not tolerated on our forum
moderators immediately ban spammers
as you would observe, were you to read our announcements board :smile:

JUPITERASC

I'm not sure why this thread has even been moved to the help with forums and suggestions" thread.
We've already had this discussion on here a few months ago.

Each side thinks the other side presents propaganda and lies.
If you don't agree with the person
or think what they say is BS, then ignore their threads.

Right osa?
That's what I was told to do, so I'm just passing on your message.
previous discussion on this board is at :smile:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139527

Dirius

Just to be clear:

Chat:

For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share! The political views of members do not represent or reflect upon the Astrological purpose of this Community.

Bunraku

My dears, astrology is all about politics. Astrology in the past was backed by powerful, wealthy men interested in maintaining their power and knowledge. :kissing: Even in more recent history, the founding fathers were rumored to have built the great nation of the United States based on astrological placements. These people fought for this country and risked their lives and were willing to defend their opinions/lives/beliefs. Yet somehow internet comments are offensive.

If you don't like discussions go on google and look at pictures of gamboling kittens instead.

Bunraku

Why do Republicans insist on on turning reasonable discussions into a war of words and memes, accompanied by mocking and insulting hyperbole?

The way you painted that scene made it seem like you were having important UN-type discussions while republicans started world war two and now we are in the trenches of europe throwing out grenades (words) and bullets (memes) at each other. Oh come on :lol:

david starling

The way you painted that scene made it seem like you were having important UN-type discussions while republicans started world war two and now we are in the trenches of europe throwing out grenades (words) and bullets (memes) at each other. Oh come on :lol:

Mocking is fun, but doesn't contribute to a reasonable discussion.