Mid-Life Transits

07.Re

Okay, so there are those of us either approaching or going through our mid-life crisis.

While answering an earlier thread, I found the following website which details these mid-life transits:

http://practicalastrology.prettyfedup.com/specializinginmidflifetransits.htm

Personally, I'm going through the Pluto square Pluto (and Mars conjunct) transit.

If anyone else cares to share their mid-life crisis, oops... I meant experience, or has any other sites to add, please do so.

After all, we need all the help we can get right? :)

Six

Am I really mid-life? Boy, time flies....

Well, I had Pluto square Pluto a year or so ago, but Pluto was also squaring my Sun at the time (forming a Tsquare, triggering my natal Sun/Pluto opposition). It wasn't pleasant. But I did get out of a situation I needed to.

I had and will have Uranus opposing my Uranus (2 Libra)...but again, the transiting planet will be conjunct my Sun, NN, Chiron and DC at the same time as it opposes my natal Uranus. And it will oppose my SN, Jupiter and AC as well. I cannot figure out what all that means exactly.

Neptune will be squaring my Neptune when it reaches 28 degrees. I suppose it's close enough to feel it now. It's transiting my 5th squaring my natal 2nd house Neptune. Maybe it's disillusionment around romantic relationships...a dissolving of ideals or values I once held (2nd house) around 5th house issues. That makes sense and Neptune is sextiling my natal Venus right now to strenghthen this theme).

I currently have Pluto on my IC squaring my Moon and Saturn on my AC opposing my Moon (ouch), while Jupiter and Uranus conjunct my Sun. I can't make heads nor tails of how these transits may feel taken by themselves.:crying: And they sort of override the effects of those other generational transits for me, it seems.

Thanks for letting me vent!:happy:

07.Re

Thanks for sharing Six. Like you, I currently have tr Pluto on the IC.

Tr Uranus-Jupiter is opposing my Asc-Pluto-Mars conjunction and obviously squaring the MC.

Another forum member suggested I buy the book "The Gods of Change" which details the transits of the Outer Planets.

I look forward to not only Pluto squaring natal Pluto-Mars-Asc conjunction, but Pluto will move onto square my Libran Moon, Sun, Uranus and Mercury (all within the next 12 years). Ouch!

http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Change-Transits-Contemporary-Astrology/dp/0140192123

If you don't already own the book, I'd highly recommend purchasing it. It helps to make sense of what are experiencing or feeling.

suimui10

I hope it's alright to respond to this thread now.
I was searching for a thread like this because I'm going through hell.
Oh wait, they call it "midlife crisis", um, "experience".
I'm simply attaching my chart and sending out prayers to all who need it.
Any advice, suggestions welcome. I have no money to buy the book but I will check the link suggested above.

with thanks,
Sui

Attachments

• anon_30_Sept.jpg
    anon_30_Sept.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 33

Betty F

While answering an earlier thread, I found the following website which details these mid-life transits:

http://practicalastrology.prettyfedu...fetransits.htm

I read the article, very good reading. I've lived through all of them and she's right on. All I can say is, it sure beats the alternative.

Interesting thought, Pluto is moving so quickly through the chart that all of us baby-boomers are approaching T Pluto inconjunct N pluto. Is that where we start falling down a lot? :surprised: Seriously, I will probably live to see T Pluto oppose my Pluto from Aquarius. Happens in 2030. At the exact same time T Neptune will oppose N Neptune. They're in sextile again, and will form a big old "X" with the corresponding trines, sextiles, and oppositions.

Is this the first and only possibility for this configuration, exclusive to baby-boomers? I'd sure like to hear some interpretations for that one.

BobZemco

Personally, I'm going through the Pluto square Pluto (and Mars conjunct) transit.

That's a generational transit so there's maybe 100 Million people playing with that right now and a percentage of them will have the same Houses.

The secret to this transit can be summed up as "Resistance is Futile." Pluto changes things and your suffering is inversely proportional to the amount of resistance you put up to the changes. The more you resist, the greater your suffering until your suffering becomes legendary.

You are lucky because you have only 2 more months and Pluto will be Direct and gone forever.

The real problem for you is the tPluto square nMars. Because you are, uh, where ever you will be at this time, and that changes the Signs on your cusps independent of the time issue, so you happen to have two Violent Signs on the Cusps of the 1st and 4th Houses. Fortunately, Capricorn is not a Human Sign, but Libra is. So if things get irritating, take a time out, go walk the dinosaur or go to the beach and make some sand castles or something. The source of that irritation is going to come from your 7th House ruled by Mars.

The symbolism being on the 1/4 Axis (a House of Life and Beginnings and a House of Endings) is the beginning of the ending of the beginning. Angular House are very powerful action, a square from a Succedent House to an Angular isn't that strong and a square between Planets both in Succedent Houses (like 2/5 Axis) isn't really a big deal.

Your orbs for transits are only 30' to 1°

dr. farr

I have adopted consideration of the outers at a much more active level: while not in the least discounting their transit through an entire sign, I have come to believe that these transit influences are more reflective on a mundane basis than upon an individual basis. I have come to regard transits by the outers of DECANS as effecting more particularly the house in the individual chart which has that sign (the sign of the decan the outer is transiting) on its cusp.
Using the decan-associated transits this way the outers are much more active in transit effects*:
-Uranus transits each decan-sign once every 28 months (instead of 1 sign every 7 years)
-Neptune transits each decan-sign once every approx. 4 3/4 years (instead of 1 sign every approx 14 years)
-Pluto transits each decan-sign once every approx 7 years (instead of 1 sign every approx 21 years)
Take a look at the decan the outer is in, see in the natal what house that decan-sign is connected with, and then delineate that house (that area of life) as being transited by the relevant outer-see how well what had (or is) happening in that area of life (that house) matches indications for the transiting outer: you might be surprised of how active the outers are, when looked at from this perspective.

Decans:
...my little researches in this area has applied the Manilius decans for these transits, rather than the more commonly used "elemental decans" (the ones most are familiar with) I cannot vouch for these "elemental decans" with the outers, but using the Manilius decans I have been rather shocked by concurrences (for a list of the Manilius decans see my posting under that title in the AW search function)

*At least relative to sign/house transits; they might be more active also when their connections with the Faces are considered (planetary representative of a decan rather than sign representation) For example, Uranus in the first face of Aries = Uranus/Mars; only 28 months later this would change to Uranus in second face of Aries = Uranus/Sun, instead of it taking (in this example) 7 years for such a shift to occur.

Last edited:

07.Re

You are lucky because you have only 2 more months and Pluto will be Direct and gone forever.
Unfortunately, I have the squares to Moon-Sun-Mercury-Uranus to look forward to.

So if things get irritating...
The source of that irritation is going to come from your 7th House ruled by Mars.
Yeah.... 'things' are already irritating and have been so for the past year. Thanks for explaining the source. It makes perfect sense now. Remember that 'solar return' PM I sent you? It pretty much ties in with that issue.

The symbolism being on the 1/4 Axis (a House of Life and Beginnings and a House of Endings) is the beginning of the ending of the beginning.
So I can expect to no longer feel irritated once Pluto moves off the square to natal Mars? Well hallelujah...because quite honestly, there is a deep rage within that I'm suppressing for fear of the damage it will do if I unleash it. :devil::sick:

07.Re

I have come to regard transits by the outers of DECANS as effecting more particularly the house in the individual chart which has that sign (the sign of the decan the outer is transiting) on its cusp.
Take a look at the decan the outer is in, see in the natal what house that decan-sign is connected with, and then delineate that house (that area of life) as being transited by the relevant outer-see how well what had (or is) happening in that area of life (that house) matches indications for the transiting outer: you might be surprised of how active the outers are, when looked at from this perspective.

Okay, I've done some homework Dr Farr :smile:. If I've understood you correctly, the outers are affecting the following natal houses, based on Manilius Decan:

Tr Pluto at 2° Cap
Manilius Decan is Cancer
Affecting my 10th house

Tr Neptune at 26° Aquarius
Manilius Decan is Sagittarius
Affecting my 3rd house

Tr Uranus at 27° Pisces
Manilius Decan is Pisces
Affecting my intercepted 6th house

dr. farr

Yes: however, by my whole sign format:

Tr Pluto in Cancer decan affecting Whole Sign 11th house

Tr Neptune in Sagittarius decan affecting Whole Sign 4th house

Tr Uranus in (both Pisces entire sign) and in Pisces decan (thus a double-Pisces Uranian effect) affecting Whole Sign 7th house...

dhundhun

I think, with dooms thought everything in mid-life happening in sky can be projected as causing midlife crisis.

However, it is truly crisis due to Uranus opposing Uranus - seeking freedom at all cost - in the times of problems, difficulties related to one's own goal.

Despite Sun as key planet of self identity in Western System and Moon in Vedic System, Uranus represents self in true sense through originality (people differentiate with others with energy of Uranus and want to achieve special through energy of Uranus).

This is the time this self clashes with rest of the world, seeking true adjustment in personal and professional life.

===
It's effect depends on how much you have differentiated yourself from others - mostly intellectual feel tremendous challenge.

===
In this differentiation, the importance of Uranus is that for normal expected life (80-85) years, it goes through each house only once. One chance - no second chance.

dhundhun

I hope it's alright to respond to this thread now.
I was searching for a thread like this because I'm going through hell.
Oh wait, they call it "midlife crisis", um, "experience".
I'm simply attaching my chart and sending out prayers to all who need it.
Any advice, suggestions welcome. I have no money to buy the book but I will check the link suggested above.

with thanks,
Sui

Progress your chart and look at Transit of Saturn with respect to progressed planets. You'll find answer to several questions.

suimui10

This view resonates with me.
As an Aqua rising with Mars in my 1st and a natal Mars-Uranus trine, I am all for freedom of expression of my unique self.
I can tell you that with the current squares going on in my home-front and career-front the root of my pain is indeed resistance (fight for freedom). As Bob wrote above, "resistance is futile". However, I have a hard time accepting the unacceptable. :innocent:
Is there a way to harness the wisdom of astrology in order to reach acceptance (of the things we cannot change) and courage (to change the things we can)?

I think, with dooms thought everything in mid-life happening in sky can be projected as causing midlife crisis.

However, it is truly crisis due to Uranus opposing Uranus - seeking freedom at all cost - in the times of problems, difficulties related to one's own goal.

Despite Sun as key planet of self identity in Western System and Moon in Vedic System, Uranus represents self in true sense through originality (people differentiate with others with energy of Uranus and want to achieve special through energy of Uranus).

This is the time this self clashes with rest of the world, seeking true adjustment in personal and professional life.

===
It's effect depends on how much you have differentiated yourself from others - mostly intellectual feel tremendous challenge.

===
In this differentiation, the importance of Uranus is that for normal expected life (80-85) years, it goes through each house only once. One chance - no second chance.

suimui10

Progress your chart and look at Transit of Saturn with respect to progressed planets. You'll find answer to several questions.

dhundhun, I just finished looking at what you suggested.
And voila! On 27th of Sept this year T Sat was on an exact square to P Venus!!
The great news is that as of now, the transit is separating although still at an orb of a bit over a degree. But T Sat is moving forward - YAY!
Venus rules my IC and this compounds my current relationship and money problems at the hone-front.
Thanks so much for the research pointer! :biggrin:

Betty F

Is there a way to harness the wisdom of astrology in order to reach acceptance (of the things we cannot change) and courage (to change the things we can)?

You don't need astrology for that. That wisdom is in you.

(You did not include "the wisdom to know the difference" Is that significant?)

dhundhun

Not one, there are several qualities, such as act of balancing, realization of situation (and compromise), efforts to steer through, etc. to name a few. You'd not be facing mid-life crisis much as you have energy to drive through it, probably in your own ways.

Inside Out Orange

Oh **** ... just looking at when my Uranus half-return is ...

The first hit is May 2013 ... the same week that Pluto in Capricorn squares Uranus in Aries ... thereby both of them contacting my Uranus in Libra (square and opposition respectively) ...

That'll be a doozy ...

suimui10

Not one, there are several qualities, such as act of balancing, realization of situation (and compromise), efforts to steer through, etc. to name a few. You'd not be facing mid-life crisis much as you have energy to drive through it, probably in your own ways.

Thank you, dhundhun. That's exactly how I like to use astrology. As a tool to aid my goal of acceptance and for generating the courage to change what doesn't work in my life.
If you have any concrete suggestions to make based on my chart, I would love to hear. Only if anything pops up. I know it's a lot of work to study any chart for specifics.
Basically I just wanted to say that I thank you for your input and perspective here.

Attachments

• anon_30_Sept.jpg
    anon_30_Sept.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 15

07.Re

The real problem for you is the tPluto square nMars. Because you are, uh, where ever you will be at this time, and that changes the Signs on your cusps independent of the time issue, so you happen to have two Violent Signs on the Cusps of the 1st and 4th Houses. Fortunately, Capricorn is not a Human Sign, but Libra is. So if things get irritating, take a time out, go walk the dinosaur or go to the beach and make some sand castles or something. The source of that irritation is going to come from your 7th House ruled by Mars.

The symbolism being on the 1/4 Axis (a House of Life and Beginnings and a House of Endings) is the beginning of the ending of the beginning. Angular House are very powerful action, a square from a Succedent House to an Angular isn't that strong and a square between Planets both in Succedent Houses (like 2/5 Axis) isn't really a big deal.

Your orbs for transits are only 30' to 1°

Just re-read this thread. Thankfully tr Pluto square Mars has come to an end, and the irritation I felt has disappeared with it too. Just checked my outer (mid-life) transits... nothing to stress about for a while still. Whew!