11'

Dec. 13
Mercury Direct
mercury.gif
sagittarius.gif
51'D

mercury will be direct exactly on my descendabt degree

gemini59

Socrates: have you noted problems with communication in partnerships and health or those in service? These would be most notable with 6th and 7th house mercury retrograde. Direct Mercury bring energy again and a chance to move more clearly. Just continue to be careful.

Jupiterasc: thank you. I was in a rush (ha, ha) this morning and did not note the transiting mars challenge to Jupiter. When I looked at the chart when it happened I was looking for repeat themes from my natal like natal pluto sextile natal mercury and we have transiting pluto opposing natal mercury. Jupiter does rule 9th house of legal issues. Thus mars=accident with legal issues and insurance concerns (8th and 9th issues).

Hey here is a spot of interest. My daughters phone (it was really my phone) was returned this evening after some 'communicating' tracking phone records to see whowas the 'thief'. So the lunar eclipse brought culmination though quite a bit of conflict (mars ) to bring to completion.

I wish the truck would somehow resolve. I feel powerless in this event which is a common feeling I guess in the retrograde experience....

Caro

Yes there is not a lot you can do, so sit back and watch the show. makes your reflect a bit though.

the mercury rx is around my progressed asc in sagi - 6 degrees. not sure of the significance of that.

socrates

Socrates: have you noted problems with communication in partnerships and health or those in service? These would be most notable with 6th and 7th house mercury retrograde. Direct Mercury bring energy again and a chance to move more clearly. Just continue to be careful.

Jupiterasc: thank you. I was in a rush (ha, ha) this morning and did not note the transiting mars challenge to Jupiter. When I looked at the chart when it happened I was looking for repeat themes from my natal like natal pluto sextile natal mercury and we have transiting pluto opposing natal mercury. Jupiter does rule 9th house of legal issues. Thus mars=accident with legal issues and insurance concerns (8th and 9th issues).

Hey here is a spot of interest. My daughters phone (it was really my phone) was returned this evening after some 'communicating' tracking phone records to see whowas the 'thief'. So the lunar eclipse brought culmination though quite a bit of conflict (mars ) to bring to completion.

I wish the truck would somehow resolve. I feel powerless in this event which is a common feeling I guess in the retrograde experience....

A few.
my mercury was retro from age 17 to 42 by progression now is direct.What do you make of that given that it rules my ASC?

gemini59

That is an interesting question. My progressed Mercury retrograded a few years back. Mercury rules communication and progression is more an inward state.

I would look at the strength of your mercury in your chart. My mercury appears weak but has mutual reception with natal moon which strengths it.

socrates

it seems strong as it rules ascendant and is not far from mc in h9

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_ll_m_hp_42715_7433.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 25

Caro

my progressed mercury went rx from age 14 - 35. I would say during that period I found it difficult to speak up for myself. mercury not well placed in pisces and also mars in 12th H.

your mercury looks in a good position near MH. but did it rx back to another sign - sagi?

also have your tried using any of the other house systems? as your chart looks a little skewed on oneside.

socrates

my progressed mercury went rx from age 14 - 35. I would say during that period I found it difficult to speak up for myself. mercury not well placed in pisces and also mars in 12th H.

your mercury looks in a good position near MH. but did it rx back to another sign - sagi?

also have your tried using any of the other house systems? as your chart looks a little skewed on oneside.

same with me and i dismissed the intelect in favour of the irrational
i began teaching english 3 years ago but now am jobless

Caro

it was the opposite for me as I became more sensible and gave up my creativity thro' this phase, until the end of progressed rx when I decided to follow my dreams. (pisces)

have you thought of being a researcher or journalist? or teaching computing skills. http://www.astrologybooth.com/info/MercRetro.shtml

finally you would have experienced this rx last year and also the eclipses in cancer and capricorn.

socrates

it was the opposite for me as I became more sensible and gave up my creativity thro' this phase, until the end of progressed rx when I decided to follow my dreams. (pisces)

have you thought of being a researcher or journalist? or teaching computing skills. http://www.astrologybooth.com/info/MercRetro.shtml

finally you would have experienced this rx last year and also the eclipses in cancer and capricorn.
this link is great,i do indeed tend to live in my fantasy world, merc is direct since 2002 but still not very fast. when it began to move slower before becoming retro i failed a year at school,then i became a loner,always annoyed at how slow i was and lack of quick reply
i got otitis when i was a kid probably due to merc-saturn conjunction so i dont hear very well fom left ear.
i teach,but not computer stuff, as for astrology i research and wouldnt mind to work on it,but it appears to be impossible to live off it alone.
i like electric guitar,which i believe is a bit uranian too

gemini59

Saturn does appear to be dominant in your chart and your natal mercury is not very strong in dignity in Aquarius. As it progressed retrograde into Capricorn it would have lost more dignity and been peregrine.
Your strength, with just a casual glance is in Saturn but it would be good to go thru the whole chart to see what is the strongest.
Mercury retrograde by progression does imply a more inward expression and more difficulty communicating I suspect.

On another note, here is a version of mercury slowing to go direct. A ring that I had 'lost' a month or so ago appears to have bee 'stolen' and I found out who did it tonight and began police proceedings. Mercury rules thieves and tricksters. The timing is sublime. It probably went missing around Halloween.

Caro

just wondered how you faired with uranus rx.

I have had lots of disorganisation in relation to a health matter since early sept. I was wondering what it could be? it is making me look back at former health problems.

well at least uranus is now moving forward and also mercury rx.

Socrates - your chart does look 'serious' nice that you play guitar.

dd78

same with me and i dismissed the intelect in favour of the irrational
i began teaching english 3 years ago but now am jobless

Hi,
my progressed Mercury wwent retrograde when I was 17, and it turned direct last year! My Mercury is my chart ruler and natally in SAG/4th and conjunct Mars, so in my case it at first manifested as getting less and less interested in sports and socializing up to a point when I literally sat home most of the time studying/reading something. Very little communication was coming out, and masses of written knowledge were coming in. I was also into buying a lot of stuff online, so my mailbox was usually full.
And at the end of the retrograde period I made many unsuccesful bids and purchases and I couldn`t sell anything online (e.g. on ebay ) , because , unlike previously, I somehow wasn`t lucky with the sells anymore. So I didn`t send anything to anybody either.
I also gradually stopped socializing and cut myself off everybody.
I`m so happy it finally went direct! It was extremely hard time and I really feel that I`m slowly becoming myself again!

And started talking a lot! And this is something new. I wonder what happens when my Mercury will have conjoined his natal position :cool:

JUPITERASC

Hi,
my progressed Mercury wwent retrograde when I was 17, and it turned direct last year!
My Mercury is my chart ruler and natally in SAG/4th and conjunct Mars
so in my case it at first manifested as getting less and less interested in sports and socializing
up to a point when I literally sat home most of the time studying/reading something.
Very little communication was coming out, and masses of written knowledge were coming in.
I was also into buying a lot of stuff online, so my mailbox was usually full.
And at the end of the retrograde period I made many unsuccesful bids and purchases
and I couldn`t sell anything online (e.g. on ebay ) , because , unlike previously
I somehow wasn`t lucky with the sells anymore.
So I didn`t send anything to anybody either.
I also gradually stopped socializing and cut myself off everybody.
I`m so happy it finally went direct!
It was extremely hard time
and I really feel that I`m slowly becoming myself again!

And started talking a lot!
And this is something new.
I wonder what happens when my Mercury will have conjoined his natal position :cool:
When you create your progressed chart
note new aspects that progressed natal planets may be making with Mercury :smile:
as well as any other changes
by the way
there's a comprehensive guide "Looking At Progressions"
posted by BobZemco at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827
BobZemco details events in his own life when progressed planets changed
sign, house location and aspects
and is well worth studying

dd78

When you create your progressed chart
note new aspects that progressed natal planets may be making with Mercury
as well as any other changes

there's a comprehensive guide "Looking At Progressions"
posted by BobZemco at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26827
BobZemco details events in his own life when progressed planets changed
sign, house location and aspects
and is well worth studying

This is the post I meant in the thread I started! This is why I don`t want to start any new threads = I get scattered :wink:

I`m familiar with this article:smile:
But I`m going to read it again, since , untill very recently, I only considered Placidus and modern rulerships.
And Whole house system changes focus and so all my previous delineations are to be revised :smile:

Still, different house system does not change reality , so the revised delineations might not fit the context of one`s life.

But my mind is open.
After all, I delineated correctly many critical events in 2015 and 2016, yet I kept trying to deny most of them

JUPITERASC

This is the post I meant in the thread I started! This is why I don`t want to start any new threads = I get scattered :wink:

I`m familiar with this article:smile:
But I`m going to read it again, since , untill very recently, I only considered Placidus and modern rulerships.
And Whole house system changes focus and so all my previous delineations are to be revised :smile:

Still, different house system does not change reality , so the revised delineations might not fit the context of one`s life.

But my mind is open.

After all, I delineated correctly many critical events in 2015 and 2016, yet I kept trying to deny most of them

In that case you shall be interested to learn of the versatility of Whole Signs
which in ancient times, as well as today, historically is used in a particular way :smile:

the poster of the comment, dr. farr has studied astrology for more than fifty years
and the history of astrology in depth
the following is a comment he posted on Whole Sign Houses,
highlighting the original meaning of the word 'Cusps'
which has changed meaning over the centuries
and that affects our understanding of how whole signs is used

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=311413#post311413

Cusps:

Today
and for the past thousand years or so
we define cusps as "borders" (coasts),

but that is not the original meaning of the word "cusp":

it means "point" such as cuspal teeth (bicuspids)
and
the point of a sword
-so originally the term cusp meant the "point" of something,
and in astrology originally the "cusp" of the house meant its "point";

now, when quadrant systems were developed,
this "point" of the house came to mean its "beginning",
which later came to mean its "border",
ie,
the "border" between one house and the other.

And later astrology also began using these "borders"
(cusps)
for various prognostic applications

(Charles Carter came to believe that, for timing of events, the "cusps" of the Campanus house system gave the best results,
among the various quadrant house systems)

But now notice this:

in whole sign the cusps are NOT the 0 degree "borders" of sign/houses at all,
and never were so regarded!

In whole sign, the "cusp" retained its original meaning,
not as a "border" but rather as A POINT

-and that POINT (cusp) for EACH house, was the sensitive point of that house,
viz,
the sensitive point in whole sign houses
-each house-
that is the "cusp" of each house
-is a direct projection from the ascending degree.

Example:

-the ascending degree of a chart is 18 Taurus:
what are the house cusps (sensitive points, original meaning of the word "cusp")
in the whole sign houses of this chart?

Cusp of 1st house = 18 Taurus
Cusp of 2nd house = 18 Gemini
Cusp of 3rd house = 18 Cancer
Cusp of 4th house = 18 Leo
Cusp of 5th house = 18 Virgo
Cusp of 6th house = 18 Libra
Cusp of 7th house = 18 Scorpio
Cusp of 8th house = 18 Sagittarius
Cusp of 9th house = 18 Capricorn
Cusp of 10th house = 18 Aquarius
Cusp of 11th house = 18 Pisces
Cusp of 12th house = 18 Aries

Now it is these "cusps" (sensitive degrees, original meaning of the word "cusp" as a "point")
that are (and were) used for progressions, timing of events, etc,
and the fact is that they work for these purposes, quite well (in expert hands)

Whole sign does not use the BORDERS between houses (always 0 degree of any sign) for anything,
but it DOES use "cusps" (points in the house, projected from the exact ascending degree)
for timing (and other) delineative purposes.

Whole sign suddenly vanished (both in the West and in Vedic astrology)
during the same period of time
-ie, late 8th to early 9th century-

this sudden disappearance suggests a sudden turn in astrological thinking and practices,
rather than a gradual supplanting of a less effective traditional method (whole sign)
by a new and more effective method (rheotrius/alchabitius in the West,
and the closely related to whole sign Equal house, in Vedic astrology)

I quite agree with Waybread in the statement, "so what?" (if old time astrologers did or didn't do something)
For me, there is only 1 reason I switched to whole sign
-it worked better (FOR ME)

I could care less if it were the oldest house system
(which it is)
or whether it was invented by Badda Bing at Barney's Beanery in Bayonne, 10 years ago:
only things I consider are:

-does it seem to make sense?
-does it "taste good" to me
(ie, does it "feel right" to me)
-and, if yes to the above,
does it work (producing delineations and predicitions)
better than what I have previously been doing?

Well, whole sign did all that, for me, so I switched;
but I am not going to try to convince anyone of anything about it,
except for beginners
-to you who might just be starting out, I would say: try whole sign first,
and see how well it might work for you...

dd78

In that case you shall be interested to learn of the versatility of Whole Signs
which in ancient times, as well as today, historically is used in a particular way :smile:

the poster of the comment, dr. farr has studied astrology for more than fifty years
and the history of astrology in depth
the following is a comment he posted on Whole Sign Houses,
highlighting the original meaning of the word 'Cusps'
which has changed meaning over the centuries
and that affects our understanding of how whole signs is used
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=311413#post311413

it clarifies a lot! I used Placidus, just because it`s the default house system on Astro, yet I was somewhat doubtful about it

Last edited: