Mentally depressed and Threat for Life- When will this end?

ramastro

Hello,

My husband is going through very bad phase now where one of his friend started effecting us a lot and has possibly become a threat for his life. He is mentally depressed and not sure what will happen when. We are expecting a baby in the first week of december and we could not enjoy this happy baby phase due to this disturbance caused in our lives. I am equally disturbed as my husband as I could not see him suffering. I am unable to take care of my unborn as well as my husband and it has become difficult for me. Someone please answer the following two questions. If you think this is not the right place to post, please feel free to move this post to the place where I can get answers as the answers from learned ones like you are important to me at this time.

Additional details:

All the trouble started in our lives from June2, 2012 due to few actions performed by my husband from March 20, 2012 (coincidentally, this is the same day I had the embryo transfer in my IVF- I conceived through IVf after several years of trying). Our problems started from them

My questions:

1. Is there any indication in my or my husband's chart that we are shows we are supposed to go this suffering? what are the aspects or planet positions that are indicating this?

2. When will this suffering end fo us, especially for my husband?

3. Do you see more bad days/events for us in future?
Our birth details:-

My birth info: Sep 27, 1984 at 23:27 PM, place: Nellore, AP, India
Husband Details: Nov 7, 1977 at 13:50 PM, Place of Birth: Vijayawada, AP, India.

Our charts are attached. Any help is highly appreciated

Attachments

• ramchart.jpg
    ramchart.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 40
  • husband.jpg
    husband.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 34

MJ82

Hello,

My husband is going through very bad phase now where one of his friend started effecting us a lot and has possibly become a threat for his life. He is mentally depressed and not sure what will happen when. We are expecting a baby in the first week of december and we could not enjoy this happy baby phase due to this disturbance caused in our lives. I am equally disturbed as my husband as I could not see him suffering. I am unable to take care of my unborn as well as my husband and it has become difficult for me. Someone please answer the following two questions. If you think this is not the right place to post, please feel free to move this post to the place where I can get answers as the answers from learned ones like you are important to me at this time.

Additional details:

All the trouble started in our lives from June2, 2012 due to few actions performed by my husband from March 20, 2012 (coincidentally, this is the same day I had the embryo transfer in my IVF- I conceived through IVf after several years of trying). Our problems started from them

My questions:

1. Is there any indication in my or my husband's chart that we are shows we are supposed to go this suffering? what are the aspects or planet positions that are indicating this?

Husband Details: Nov 7, 1977 at 13:50 PM, Place of Birth: Vijayawada, AP, India.

I admit I'm not so great at reading charts, especially without aspect tables for transits, but I think your post deserves some attention.

I'm sorry to hear that you and your husband have been having such a hard time, and that he going through such a deep depression and crisis. I know what that can be like.

One thing that does stand out in his natal chart is his full 8th house. This is the house of crisis (i should know, I have a stellium there too) but it is also a house of resilience and transformation, and it can see him through difficult times, even if he sinks to the bottom first before rising back up.

As I am not so good at reading transits, perhaps someone else can help out. But it could be a tough Pluto transit is affecting him in some way, I can't read properly to say. However, it does look (to me) like he has transiting Pluto opposite his natal Jupiter, which is usually positive and helps towards expansion in life, so things could change for the better:

http://www.thefutureminders.com/Pluto-transits/pluto-opposition-jupiter.cfm

Maybe someone else can help out?

I do hope things get better for you both (((hug)))

MJ82

And, again if I'm reading correctly, I think transiting Chiron is opposing your husband's natal saturn (but please don't take my word for it until someone else confirms this). Also remember that all transits pass and can be times of healing :wink:

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello,

Additional details:

My questions:

I am very sorry for the difficulties your are undergoing.
Since it seems that the troubles started on June 2, 2012, I wonder if you might post charts that have transits/progression for that date instead of Jan 23, 2011. That is, unless there is some reason that you want us to see transits/progressions for that date.

Peregrine_Moon

I took a very quick look at the charts, but I don't have enough time to devote to them this morning, much as I'd like to.

Trying to be helpful, here are the charts for Ramastro, her husband and their composite, with transits and progressions for June 2, 2012.

==========================

I've replaced the composite relationship chart with a Davison chart. I think these are much easier to read in general and transits make better sense with them than with the midpoint composites, at least from my perspective.

Attachments

• astro_245gw_53_ramastro_201262.61961.11509.gif
    astro_245gw_53_ramastro_201262.61961.11509.gif
    65.8 KB · Views: 18
  • astro_245gw_54_husband_201262.61944.10717.gif
    astro_245gw_54_husband_201262.61944.10717.gif
    67.8 KB · Views: 20
  • astro_64gw_53_54_ramastro_husband_Davison.9016.60815.gif
    astro_64gw_53_54_ramastro_husband_Davison.9016.60815.gif
    78.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

MJ82

Ah. I missed the date completely. At least the charts are now up to date, thanks Peregrine Moon. Hope someone can pitch in with observations for you both soon.

Peregrine_Moon

Your chart

Ramastro, I'm very sorry that you're going through such a hard time, particularly when you want to be looking forward to your child's birth, ready to celebrate this new life.

You’ve told us that your husband did something in relation to a friend in March of this year and that you think the friend may be threatening your husband’s life. He’s fallen into a very deep depression and you are having trouble looking after both him and yourself right now. You want to know if there are astrological indications of this time of suffering, when it will end, and whether there are likely to be similar or related difficulties in the future.

I've spent some time on your chart, your husband's chart and the relationship chart I created.

I hadn’t expected to have much time to study your charts, but once I started, I became very engaged and didn’t want to stop. So, in this post and the next two, I’m going to show you what I’ve learned. I hope that others will chime in, as well.

Your chart

Your Libra Sun’s energy is directed toward pleasing other people and earning their appreciation, while your Moon in Scorpio’s reigning need is to be important, control your own assets and guard your privacy. Your Ascendant in Cancer is governed by your Moon and is emotional, expressive and generally encouraging of others. Those with Cancer rising don’t like to be alone: relationship and companionship are critical to their well-being.

All these qualities are nicely underscored by your Sun’s placement in your 4th house and the Moon in the 5th. Home, family, love, children and creativity in general are very important to you. While you are well-equipped to look beyond yourself and your home, indeed, the world outside calls to you very strongly as we can see in the lack of planets outside of your centre base in the 4th, 5th and 6th houses, all within 98°.

Right now, transiting Saturn is conjunct Venus and Pluto in the 5th house as it begins its progress through this place. That Saturn should travel through the 5th as you prepare to give birth to your first child makes a kind of sense to me. I have three children myself; I know how many adjustments I had to make to my life, my view of the world and myself after my first was born. It wasn’t easy, but it was necessary. For you, Saturn will place stress on your personal transformation (Pluto), how you love others including your baby (Venus), how you establish your own importance, control your skills and strengths and maintain your autonomy (Moon). A year from now, transiting Saturn will conjunct your natal Saturn, completing your first Saturn return.

Transiting Pluto has been in your 7th house since 2008 and will be there for another 10 years, requiring you to do some very deep work on your intimate relationships and partnerships. Pluto has been squaring your Sun since the end of 2010. This contact by transit will end in a few months. Sometimes you may have been feeling profoundly frustrated and almost overwhelmingly angry with events and circumstances at home (Sun in 4th house), in your marriage (tr. Pluto in 7th; Sun as your husband) and yourself.

I’ll look at your husband’s chart in my next post.

Last edited:

Peregrine_Moon

Your husband's chart

Your husband’s chart

Your husband's chart is heavily weighted in the western hemisphere. The 8th house is the focus of his horoscope with Libra on the cusp, the North Node, Pluto and Venus as well as Uranus and the Sun in Scorpio. Two signs rule the house and their planetary rulers are domiciled there, as well.

Liz Greene calls the eighth a house of emotional exchange because it is concerned with emotional value and stability of feeling. Here, the Sun's energy is relentlessly focussed on the ends of life, both in the sense of meaning and purpose, and in the sense of one’s final, radical transformation to the life to come. Death is here, as well as legacies and inheritances, the things we receive or desire from others, sex, obsessions, compulsions, addictions and phobias. Secrets and the things we know about but usually keep hidden yet can’t control are here. This is also the place of buried treasure.

The eighth is the power-house of your husband’s horoscope. If you look carefully at your husband’s chart you can see that any contact with a planet anywhere in the chart inevitably involves every other planet in a dense chain-reaction that focuses on the eighth house’s concerns over and over again.

The eighth house is a house of crisis. For your husband, it is a battleground.

The Sun
The Scorpio Sun is full of intuition and deep emotions. The Virgo Moon complements it because it’s full of thinking and practical analysis, portraying his inalterable need to be correct, to be exact, to be insightful. His Pisces Ascendant probably makes him seem to be easy-going, gentle and peaceable, but also unpredictable, impressionable and changeable. Neptune gives a dreamy quality and also makes Pisces gullible at times. Others may take advantage of him because he seems to be caring and compassionate. Someone with a Pisces ascendant usually likes secrets. A challenge they face is to live their life instead of dreaming it away. Neptune rules Pisces and in your husband’s chart is located in the 10th house, conjunct his Midheaven.

The Moon
His Moon in the 7th house is quindecile the Ascendant, describing both his compulsion to express his emotions and his determination to be recognized as correct and insightful (Virgo) even though this unflagging determination likely causes problems in his intimate relationships. The quindecile aspect shows obsession in a horoscope, which is a compensatory behaviour to escape pain, disappointment, anger and unpleasant memories related to intimate partnership. This aspect shows his intense security needs (Moon) about his self-concept (Ascendant), his family (Moon is co-ruler of the 4th house), his capacity for love, joy and creativity (Moon co-rules the 5th house) and his marriage (Moon in the 7th house). The need for security is further amplified by the Ascendant in Pisces. Neptune rules the Ascendant and is conjunct the Midheaven, heightening the overall feeling of uncertainty about who he is and portraying the potential for disillusionment in his public life.

Transiting Saturn
Saturn is transiting through your husband’s 8th house and has been back and forth between Pluto and Venus since late 2010. It won’t be completely out of orb until the end of 2014. Robert Hand says that a Saturn-Pluto contact “begins with the collapse of external values which leads to the burning ground.” Obsessiveness is the signature of this connection as Pluto expresses growth through destructive emotions. From what you’ve written, it seems that he has developed the brooding melancholy associated with Saturn-Pluto. Something needs to die for your husband to be free from obsession; this is the journey to the very depths of the Self.

Suicidal thoughts are common in this transit, unfortunately. If your husband has these, I advise you to take them very seriously, no matter what else he says, and get some help immediately.

Outer Planet Transits: Uranus
Outer planet transits through the first and second houses are usually difficult because they involve pressure and transformation of one’s self-esteem and self-worth that no one finds pleasant or comfortable. Meanwhile, the transiting planets involve other natal planets and houses by aspect, drawing their areas of concern into the stresses and changes in the personality.

Transiting Uranus has been in your husband’s first house since the early spring of 2005. This transit typically releases aspects of the self which haven’t been realized or have been suppressed for a long time. It’s likely that the first few years of the transit were highly disruptive in a variety of ways, but things should have calmed down by about 2008 and should be much easier now, in 2012.

By transit, Uranus will eventually oppose every planet in the 8th house. Opposition aspects to the 8th house planets are particularly volatile. Because of the planets’ close proximity and their intricate relationships to each other, any contact with a planet in the horoscope reverberates rapidly around most of the others awhile also radiating to the houses they rule elsewhere in the chart. As I noted earlier, this house house is a battleground, a war zone where many aspects of you husband’s life end and are transformed, sometimes for good, sometimes not.

Because Uranus is a ruler of your husband’s 12th house, its transits and aspects may have an influence over his spirituality and beliefs, which may change suddenly or dramatically as Uranus’ disruptive influences register.

Neptune
Transiting Neptune is at the Ascendant, representing the dissolution of his sense of himself and an even greater uncertainty about the way he sees himself and his life. What he knows about himself will be less certain during this transit. Blurred vision evokes fear and anxiety but he really has no choice but to accept it. He will be blocked in his way forward unless he can just let go and wait to see what happens.

This will be very difficult for him for quite awhile. Neptune will square the Midheaven in 2017 and conjunct Natal Neptune, wrapping his self-concept and highest aspirations in fog until the beginning of 2020. Neptune’s the transit of his first house will end in mid 2032—in 20 years.

Neptune will move into the second house of self-worth next year and will transit through it for about 10 years, until the spring of 2023. Changes in his financial situation are likely during this time as well as changes in the ways he makes his living. He may inherit money or be given money from someone. He may experience serious losses. All that is certain is that there will be dynamic changes.

Pluto
Transiting Pluto will soon move into the 11th house. When it sextiles your husband’s natal Sun next year, he will be forced to address issues about power, identity and the way he asserts himself in his friendships (11th house), his collegial relationships and his health (Sun rules 6th house). This transit will last until 2016.

You asked about your husband’s depression and when it will end. I can’t really make predictions about something like this because so much depends on the choices he may make about how to manage these very tough challenges. Nonetheless, it would be surprising if your husband’s depression and anxiety were not heightened for quite some time, Ramastro.

I will look at your relationship chart in my next post.

Last edited:

Peregrine_Moon

Your relationship chart

Your Relationship Chart

The relationship chart is about the dynamics between the parties. It describes them only when they’re together. Their individual natal charts are the maps for understanding each person separately. The relationship chart describes connections, supports, strains and conflicts they face or engage in together. It can be read in the same way as a natal chart, and is subject to transits in the same way, as well.

With even a simple visual look at the chart, it appears that your relationship with your husband is characterized by extremes in conflict and confusion.

The Sun in Aries in the 6th house is conjunct Mercury and Mars in Aries and Venus in Taurus. All of those planets are opposed by the conjunction of the Moon and Pluto in Libra in the 12th house. Neptune trines every planet in the 6th house, sextiles the Moon and Pluto in the 12th and squares Jupiter in the 11th. In every contact, Neptune contributes illusions and delusions as it dissolves boundaries and encourages extreme vacillation.

The relationship chart is a portrait of the guerrilla warfare waged by the power of cataclysmic change, supported by dissolution’s web of confusion, against the force of desire and his army, love and intelligence. Inspired by revolution, hope and despair are joined in hand-to-hand conflict in a fog of illusions.

In the horoscope for this contest, the force (Pluto) of unexpressed, secret (12th house) needs to be appreciated and accepted in this relationship is at war (Mars and Pluto are in opposition) with love, harmony and stability (Venus in Taurus); thinking and communication (Mercury), desire (Mars) and the relationship itself (Sun).

Moon conjunct Pluto indicates that the relationship is dominated (Pluto) by strong emotions (Moon) which are largely hidden or whose reality is unexpressed or unrecognized (12th house) by the two of you, though ruling the way that the relationship is presented to others (Pluto rules the 1st house). These deep-seated emotions are also evident in the spiritual aspirations, morals and ethics in and projected by your involvement as a couple (Moon rules the 9th house).

Significantly, Pluto is retrograde, pushed even further into the background. While retrogradation usually has the effect of turning a planet’s expression inward, seemingly weakening it, paradoxically Pluto is enhanced and strengthened underground in his realm of hidden treasure. By definition, Pluto is extreme. His inexorable focus is on radical transformation: death and rebirth; reformation and regeneration. His tools are spirituality, inversion and rage. In human imagination, death is an unknown country, where, fearing annihilation, we cling to life. Yet for Pluto, death is a simple fiction useful only to describe the limits of Saturn, the Lord of Time. Outside of Time. Pluto’s sole function is regeneration. As ruler of the underworld and the one to whom every mortal being must finally resort, Pluto is the Lord of Life: he is the sign that we are immortal beings.

Good fortune, grace and blessing are overwhelmed by fear and restriction in the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn. This clash of hopefulness and despair, of faith and fear, describes both the character of your relationship and your interaction with friends and community (11th house). There are periods of irrational gullibility, bad judgment, false intuition and “hunches” that go wrong. There is a strong pattern of expecting a lucky break that never arrives and the frequent need to be rescued by friends. With Jupiter conjunct Saturn there will be fits of deep depression (Saturn) because of the lack of meaning in life (Jupiter) and in social engagement (11th house).

Jupiter-Saturn concerns moral attitudes and actions. It requires coming to terms with the idea of a right way of action. The two of you may attract situations and people who provoke a need to resolve the conflict between the two planets, to understand them as one and to act accordingly. This integration is the way to be free of illusion and disillusionment so that you can find inner peace and the practical efficiency that results in a materially productive life. This is a huge accomplishment to aim for.

Neptune in the second house is the fulcrum of the chart configuration because it trines or sextiles almost every other planet in the sky. With Neptune in this place, standard ways of evaluating the relationship may be dissolved or expanded. Money and success, the traditional values, may not apply or operate.

Neptune rules Pisces and the 5th house, which is the house of joy. On the cusp of the 5th, Pisces raises the potential that the relationship may be dissolved by co-dependency disguised as love. Pisces here frequently indicates frustration in creativity. Raising children may be difficult for you and may require great sacrifices.

Transiting Neptune is entering the 5th house and will travel through it until 2029—almost 17 years. During this transit, it is common for people to over-dramatize and exaggerate whatever they are going through, and mood swings are very common. There is truth to be discerned, but it’s not in the extremes.

You may go through times of romantic attachment to each other as well as disenchantment if you have idealized one another to an unrealistic degree and then feel deep disappointment when your partner proves to be unable to fulfill the expectations you may have imagined.

While this transit is active, avoid gambling, taking risks on investments or engaging in risky activities that might seem to be fun. Neptune’s clouds of illusion are likely to lead in the wrong direction most of the time, encouraging a false sense of confidence or certainty that something fortunate will happen.

I noted earlier that, by transit, Saturn is making contact with Pluto in your husband’s eigth house. It is also conjunct Pluto in the 12th house of your relationship chart and opposing the Sun, Mercury, Venus and Mars. Stimulating Pluto here is almost certain to produce destructive rage, probably out of sight, below the surface (12th house) or in private, at home (Saturn rules the 4th house).

And so I come to my principal concern, Ramastro. Not knowing how to put this gently, I’ll be plain about it: Are you safe?

That is, do you honestly, deeply and truly believe that you are living in safety—mentally, emotionally and physically—right now? I ask because I’m troubled by the considerable amount of tension in your relationship, the potential harms that may arise from it on a regular basis, and your husband’s deep depression which may be chronic.

Are you safe? If you need help, will you ask for it and where will it come from?

Last edited: