Mental maladies

Tacedhyse

Banned
I think its apparent in a chart. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia with Borderline Personality Disorder. Could this be attributed to a heavily afflicted Mercury? I always think of the Mercury-Neptune opposition as being a heavy influence on my lack of connection with reality and what my difficulty distinguishing whats a dream and what isn't. I'm not sure where my planets in the houses comes into play though. I'd appreciate any insight.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/609/birthchart.jpg

My boyfriend was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. I wish I could offer insight into his chart, but I'm really at a loss. For anyone interested in what a "Bipolar chart" may look like:

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3831/birthchart2.jpg

[Moderator note - post moved here to start a new thread, as was posted in the midst of someone else's thread, and requesting for insight re two charts.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsley

Re: Mental problems

Hello Tacedhyse

I like the way you identify with Mercury and Neptune. I think its important to say that Mercury and Neptune alone doesnt represents mental illness. One needs to look at ascendant ruler, cadent houses, peregrine planets and other dignities and of course the moons aspects. Some people show the kind of chart indicators that mental illness has been attributed to in Astrology however in my view it is inconclusive.

William Lilly in the 17th Century identified Moon Mercury afflictions to represent "lunacy".

Many people have the underlaying potential for personality disorders and to a lesser degree perhaps most "normal" people have distinct personality traits which can be identified in the chart.

The difference between neurotic function and psychotic function depends on many factors including events that relate to post traumatic issues and drug induced issues.

I agree that some charts do seem to show a strong emphasis in regard to personality disorders. Perhaps an astrologer can understand the planets that represent an illness in life and monitor them for potential episodes and stressor triggers?

There are some charts that do not show any indicators for mental health issues. One would think that Sun Jupiter in Sagittarius would be quite a good "astrological" disposition for a person however in some cases it may represent the "manic" side of bi polar disorder.

It seems that in your chart Tacedhyse, you have a strong emphasis for creative visualisation and other unique ways of defining life.

best
Kingsley

Nexus7

I could easily imagine that Sun/Jupiter could show up in bi-polarness. Ihave certainly metafew people for whom 'every day had to be special,' either Christmas or birthday, they 'had' to be happy and if not fieryplanets involved, then fiery signs. And,for that matter, Mars. I have heard it suggested that SAD, which involves a reaction to a lack of sunlight, may be a form of bipolarity. I have certainly known a lotof seemingly bright, happy, sociable people cry off ands become miserable unsociable hermits during the winter months where I live. And it's not even Norway.

Last edited:

yelena234

I think its apparent in a chart. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia with Borderline Personality Disorder. Could this be attributed to a heavily afflicted Mercury? I always think of the Mercury-Neptune opposition as being a heavy influence on my lack of connection with reality and what my difficulty distinguishing whats a dream and what isn't. I'm not sure where my planets in the houses comes into play though. I'd appreciate any insight.
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/609/birthchart.jpg
Hi,
Mercury opposition Neptune doesn't mean mental illness without looking, where those planets are. As I know, mental illness belongs to the 4th house.
We have to look 6th (house of health or disease) and 12th (chronic diseases). Ruler of your 6th is Neptune in 4th. In your 4th is also Saturn. Both planets have (not only opposition with Mercury in 10th - has nothing to do with mental illness) but they have also square with Moon in 12th. I have seen more people with Moon in 12th with some kind of depression.
Btw: I have Mercury in 6th in opposition with Neptune in 12th and have chronic pains, what is much different from mental illness.

Y.