Meditation help

JUPITERASC

I was walking across a bridge today.

More walking meditation.
A special connection to the ocean an I exist, but that's more past life uselessness.

Memories of Naga life aren't pleasant.

What is the meaning of Naga
the serpentine Gods of Ancient India?
Are they just symbols of mysticism and spirituality?

Or do they have a scientific purpose?

Yes, Knots :smile:

Decoding the SECRET OF NAGAS

Lost Technology Hidden in Ancient Temples

Praveen Mohan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsAXTd3IoNU&t=313s

Going across the bridge, I saw, walking from the other end, a Sawn. It's neck was bent as it's head hung low.

Quite a shock, to be honest. Most birds fly off whenever a human gets close. This one though, it was far too down to care.

Slowly, the being walked by me, looking at me sadly. This brought up the harshness of the animal world to my mind.
Suffering from the elements, attacks from all sides, hunger and thirst - it's a hard existence. A woeful state to be born into.

I stopped walking, just so the sad creature could waddle past me, smiling and wishing it well.

Loving-kindness is such a powerful, supernormal state to rest the mind in.

The Dalai Lama once said, "My Religion is kindness." Now I understand why.
Ramble over. A good meditation today.
webp

Blaze

Account Closed
Karuna for Bees, Wasps, Mosquitoes and Butterflies.

The new home I will be moving into has a large, green grassy field, but not a single flower to help the mentioned beings eat.

So, as a meditation, I will plant flower seeds, nurturing them so this summer, said beings can stop by and buzz in my ear for minute.

I'm not excited for mosquitoes showing up, but they are beings as well. Not undeserving of Metta Karuna at all. Though, as Ajahn Chah once said in his youth, "If there was a compassionate god, he wouldn't have created mosquitoes." :lol:

JUPITERASC

images
90eeafc340803cc1b2abf7b0dde45792.png

Karuna for Bees, Wasps, Mosquitoes and Butterflies.

The new home I will be moving into has a large, green grassy field,

but not a single flower to help the mentioned beings eat.
So, as a meditation, I will plant flower seeds, nurturing them

so this summer, said beings can stop by and buzz in my ear for minute.
I'm not excited for mosquitoes showing up, but

they are beings as well. Not undeserving of Metta Karuna at all.

Though, as Ajahn Chah once said in his youth, "If there was a compassionate god, he
wouldn't have created mosquitoes." :lol:

Blaze

Account Closed
Bird houses, nice. Great idea, Mon Ami!

To keep the Ticks away, I am thinking of adopting five chickens (No Rooster), as they eat the tiny beings, keeping Lyme disease away. Not to endorse murder, of course. Insecticide does more damage than the chickens will.

Blaze

Account Closed
Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

The Heart Sutra so elegantly aids the meditator with the greatest traps in all Samsara - Bhava-tanha, Vibhava-taṇha and Kama-tanha. Those are, Craving to be, craving not to be and craving for sensual delight.

Bhava-tanha is a great and subtle trap. It manifests as an "I am" or "I want to be." So, the mind that says, "I am at peace" is actually under the snare of Bhava-tanha and not, actually, at peace. "I want to become enlightened" sounds good, but it too is Bhava-tanha, craving to be. Tricky, isn't it?

Vibhava-taṇha is also subtle. Binge watching T.V. is a form of it - the zoning out and not being anywhere, really. Excess sleep is another form of it, the wanting to not be awake. Tricky tricky.

Kama-tanha is a little more noticeable, though it sneaks it's way into the mind of a meditator in different forms. An example would be those who think sensual pleasure is merely sex - oh no no no, as the Buddha said, "The one who is celibate should watch for overeating - this too is a sensual pleasure." As is listening to music or looking at sights that please the eyes.

Emptiness is form, form is emptiness keeps the meditator aware of the inherit lacking of substance these things have while not jumping over to one extreme or the other for comfort. "Oh I want too much, I should want nothing" kind of thoughts are just jumping between Tanha's, after all. :lol:

Okay, ramble over. Today's meditation was great. :happy: