Meditation help

Cap

This reminds me of how problematic the word "Reincarnation" is. In Buddhist circles it's actually not called that, since that implies some "thing" is taking a new form, which is more of that Eternalism stuff. Instead it's labeled "Re-linking," as the continuation of Kamma (Karma, actions).

Once I learned that, it all became clear to me. Clung to habits take the shape of whichever way they were moving (Wholesome or unwholesome ) and the next form is the result of those actions. Greedy, hateful types earn the body they get. Kind and benevolent types theirs etc. Hence, Re-linking, a chain of events playing out within the sphere of the senses.

Anyway, great picture, Mon Ami. Thanks for that. May you be well and happy.

What happened on my journey, over time I've found that there is really no conflict between various traditions and teachings. Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Yoga, Tantra, various mystical traditions like Sufism or Christian mysticism etc., whatever I look into I see the same message.

They all use different concepts, there is no other way if you want to express something on a mind level that ultimately is indescribable, but the message is the same.

“Theologians may quarrel, but the mystics of the world speak the same language.”
― Meister Eckhart

Cap

A great series to watch if you have the time.

@JUPITERASC

@Cap too, if you have the time, m8.

For the record: I no longer argue views, so this isn't an attempt to push anything onto anyone.
Thanks m8! There is no argument, as I still see no difference between Buddha's experience and experiences of enlightened seers from other traditions. :)

You have to take into account that by this I don't mean interpretations and beliefs of non-enlightened people. But all enlightened people from whatever tradition have experienced the same truth, because there is only one truth. They may have used different wording to describe it. Every wording is correct because the truth is formless, indescribable.

Key takeaway:

"Buddha says the mind is the architect of the whole universe"

=====

Ashtavakra Gita:

The mirage of universe appears in me
as silver appears in mother-of-pearl,
as a snake appears in a rope,
as water appears on a desert horizon.

Sufi mystic Rumi:

rumi universe.jpg

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Thanks m8! There is no argument, as I still see no difference between Buddha's experience and experiences of enlightened seers from other traditions. :)

You have to take into account that by this I don't mean interpretations and beliefs of non-enlightened people. But all enlightened people from whatever tradition have experienced the same truth, because there is only one truth. They may have used different wording to describe it. Every wording is correct because the truth is formless, indescribable.

Key takeaway:

=====

Ashtavakra Gita:

Sufi mystic Rumi:

View attachment 103383
Sorry I didn't notice this post sooner, friend. I don't have notifications set, so I missed it.

While I don't have a comment on it, I did want to thank you for sharing that with me. You didn't have to, but you did, so thanks, friend. 🙏

JUPITERASC

Thanks m8! There is no argument, as I still see no difference between Buddha's experience and experiences of enlightened seers from other traditions. :) You have to take into account that by this I don't mean interpretations and beliefs of non-enlightened people. But all enlightened people from whatever tradition have experienced the same truth, because there is only one truth. They may have used different wording to describe it. Every wording is correct because the truth is formless, indescribable.

NYOSHUL KHEN RINPOCHE
SECRET YOGIS
Even in this world, and even now, there are said to be many hidden yogis or discreet yogis,
called bepay naljor in Tibetan. It means those realized ones who are not generally recognized
as great spiritual sages or saints, but have deeply tasted the fruit of enlightenment,
and are living it. Perhaps they are anonymously doing their good works here among us right now! :)

The infinite vast expanse is one’s own inconceivable nature.
Who can say who has realized it and who hasn’t?
When we travel around the world or experience other dimensions,
there are so many beings who have tasted it. We can see it in their behavior, in their countenance,
and in stories that are told
- not just in the Dzogchen tradition or the Buddhist tradition,
but in any tradition, and in our Western world too.

This true nature is so vast and inconceivable
that even some birds & animals & beings in other unseen dimensions
can be said to have realized it, as in some of the ancient Indian Jataka stories
and other teaching tales.

It is always said that everything is the self-radiant display
of the primordial Buddha Samantabhadra.
There are infinite numbers of Buddhas & infinite numbers of beings.
Who can say who is excluded from it?
:)

***"Natural Great Perfection: Dzogchen Teachings And Vajra Songs"

Key takeaway:

=====

Ashtavakra Gita:

Sufi mystic Rumi:

Cap

THE LONG PATH VERSUS THE SHORT PATH OF RAMANA MAHARSHI - Part 1​

Paul Brunton was a disciple of Ramana Maharshi and this reflects his assimilations of his teachings. He says: "AMONG the wide variety of spiritual techniques in the world’s mystical traditions, one can find the threads of a very simple approach to spiritual awakening. This approach—or non-approach—is variously called the Direct Path, Non-dualism, Mahamudra, Dzogchen, Advaita, and other names, depending on the specific spiritual tradition in which it is rooted. Paul Brunton refers to it as the Short Path. And he uses the term Overself for the Reality that we are."

JUPITERASC

A very special audience :)
The Dalai Lama received Mingyur Rinpoche, Tai Situ Rinpoche,
& Gyalton Rinpoche on 12 January 2024 in Bodhgaya.

giS_9tCVVN50QC2j8ha0BJVgGeUT_0dZ2cYIeztrh7ovtT3UvSAEqUiLqVdkxlo9pJ0KvxqXXldQ=s1024-nd-v1

Cap

Complete audiobook "I Am That", talks with Nisargadatta Maharaj.

Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana Maharshi were two most famous spiritual teachers of 20th century, both jivanmuktas (self-realized), both simple humble men, teaching that one doesn't need to join any organization, adopt any belief system or worship anyone or anything to achieve self-realization.