Meditation during difficult transits

david starling

Transits, by their very nature, come and go. So, best to learn a variety of meditative techniques, and if one stops working for you, you can switch to one that does.

What would really be interesting is if one kept a journal about it, and could correlate which type of meditation worked best for which transits!

Last edited:

david starling

The Hindu "chakras" are essential to some types of meditation. Specialized breathing is essential to others, and can be combined with chakras.

And, then there's mantra meditation, which is about silently or vocally repeating a sacred word, and letting it replace the thinking process all on its own, without having to practice thought-suppression.

Last edited:

david starling

Brady is a good example. He is using multiple venerable methods.

Journaling would move so much faster with a sangha or crowdsourcing!

Do you have any insights from personal experience?

Grounding is my priority, since I have no planets in Earth. It's a constant need, and I worked on it for so long, it's become second nature. But, when Saturn is really stressing me out, I have to reinforce it with breathing and chakra techniques I learned in Kundalini, Zen, and Aikido meditation.

I did Transcendental for 2 years, and got good at it, but it wasn't grounding enough for me most of the time.

I don't keep journals though, so I can't be more specific.

Last edited:

david starling

If one were naturally grounded, and feeling "stuck" during a particular transit, mantra type meditation might be what's needed. It does take some instruction and experience practicing it.

david starling

Curious, did you practice with a community? That’s supposed to help with the unbalanced feelings you get from a particular meditation. It has to be the right community and right guide though. If you come with a problem and they double down on more of the same that’s not helpful yet pretty common. I have a feeling that most folks interested in western astrology who also practice meditation are doing it on their own. No survey results on this, just a feeling. Maybe that’s the Uranian influence or because the risk of being locked into a lineage feels high or because they haven’t found the right teacher yet. (I have Chiron in 8th, so definite trust issues with most self-styled spiritual authority figures myself.) Your example of TM is a good one. I personally can’t do much kundalini, it’s too heating.
Do you think mantra meditations that aren’t TM are more grounding?

I learned from groups and then left and continued on my own.

The only two mantra ones I've practiced are TM, which is silent and can be solitary. And vocal, group OMing.

I'm not a "joiner" and also distrust "authority figures".

My Chart is almost all Air and Water. I've used meditation to up my energy level (when the Fire transits weren't enough).

Last edited:

saharan

Brady is a good example. He is using multiple venerable methods.

Journaling would move so much faster with a sangha or crowdsourcing!

Do you have any insights from personal experience?
Is there any place to do this? I only journal alone but can see the value of doing it with others experiencing similar things. High performers like Tom Brady practice mindfulness? That's all the proof I need!

JUPITERASC

We're in a kind of grinding period of "darkness below the lamp" - All planets are between the Nodes, moving towards Rahu, with a pileup in Aquarius -
Not to mention the first of the three Saturn-Uranus squares coming this week.

Say for example that professionally you have to take on a project that is perfectly described by Saturn square Uranus, during one of the periods the aspect is close to exact!

There's a lot to deal with:
The mundane aspect going on, which represents an inevitable stage in planetary cycles,
The way this aspect affects all the people around you,

The particular project as a specific representation of the square part of the planetary cycle,
and the translation through the Saturn and Uranus in your natal, progressed, and transits chart.

You can affect the second or third if you work out the last, perhaps, but the last isn't just your natal aspects -- it's transits you may be unfamiliar with. A whole is represented in the parts, and the parts are represented in the whole.

I'm curious, for those of you whose self-management practices involve meditation or trance-type prayer: Are there transits or mundane astrological conditions for which you find meditation is NOT helpful? Are there specific meditations you've found that can discharge the potentials of particular transits?

Vedic astrology can prescribe and tailor mantra meditations for just about anything in light of the natal horoscope. That is one of many different kinds of meditation.

This isn't about meditation being helpful generally. There are natal charts, life circumstances, psychological makeups that just don't gel with certain types of meditation.

What do you think? If you have ideas on the specific instance of meditation for Saturn square Uranus, that's good too.
Meditation methodologies vary

for example:
there is walking meditation :smile:

experimenting with using different meditational methodologies

brings tangible answers to individuals asking these questions

JUPITERASC

Walking meditation is not meditation.
It's walking quietly. Jumping around to lots of different techniques
will not allow you to learn whether any one technique actually works.

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Meditation methodologies vary

for example:
there IS walking meditation :smile:

experimenting with using different meditational methodologies

brings tangible answers to individuals asking these questions

There are multiple meditational methodolgies

a good combination of the 12th house with BENEFICS :smile:
will show progress in meditation
if the native is into the practice of meditating

for those unaware of its existence

an excellent RECENT example of WALKING MEDITATION
is
during Thich Nhat Hanh Memorial Day 6
WALKING MEDITATION PRACTISE COMMENCES
at 9mins 16secs from beginning of video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Z3PkMShro

Introduction to the practice of walking meditation
by Brother Phap Huu.
Follow the monks and nuns in Plum Village, France
as they lead a walking meditation through the mist this morning :smile:
in Plum Village, France 2022 01 27
Thich Nhat Hanh
Born: 11 October 1926, Hue, Vietnam
Died: 22 January 2022

wilsontc

Staff member
wilsontc, that seems unfair. A lifelong astrologer's post about her lifelong practice of a single type of meditation is perfectly on thread. Meditation is a practice of becoming less reactive to life experience, and transits are a kind of life experience. So, even wrapped in good luck and a long lifespan, her posts are an indirect kind of answer.

passiflora,

ASTROLOGY goes in the Astrology Forums. There IS a CHAT forum that IS appropriate for people who want to discuss NON-astrological ideas. Your thread title SPECIFICALLY states "TRANSITS" so people responding to this thread should focus on ASTROLOGICAL TRANSITS.

Explaining,

Tim