Meaning of Dogs in Dreams

midnight sun

My mother has phobia of dogs and I had years ago. Then I tried to get over it very much. I can walk near them or stay calm near them in the last years. So I have a fear but I can control it.

Since 2008 I'm seeing dogs in my dreams so much. In different types and positions. Not always aggresive. The most important one was when I saw all my family in one house with lots of dogs inside. It was very irritating. And once I saw a dog hanging in my bedroom's ceiling, I saw this in a mode of between dreaming and awake.

I wonder what is the meaning of seeing dogs so much in different situations? I don't have so much love or hate for dogs, my feelings are neutral.

Kuntuzangmo

I think it's helpful to look at how the symbol of dog makes you feel...within the dream and during waking time. What do you think it means?
Often they are the symbol of loyalty.

midnight sun

I think it's helpful to look at how the symbol of dog makes you feel...within the dream and during waking time. What do you think it means?
Often they are the symbol of loyalty.

I'm afraid of them but also sometimes I love them. In real life, I can show love if I feel comfortable near a dog, especially if it's calm and has predictable behaviours. The dreams I told here makes me feel sick, I don't like them. And most of the other dog dreams makes me feel uncomfortable. Once I saw a very small dog, it seems miserable and I feel love when I wake up. I wanted to give it love. But I don't feel like that always.

JUPITERASC

My mother has phobia of dogs and I had years ago. Then I tried to get over it very much. I can walk near them or stay calm near them in the last years. So I have a fear but I can control it.

Since 2008 I'm seeing dogs in my dreams so much. In different types and positions. Not always aggresive. The most important one was when I saw all my family in one house with lots of dogs inside. It was very irritating. And once I saw a dog hanging in my bedroom's ceiling, I saw this in a mode of between dreaming and awake.

I wonder what is the meaning of seeing dogs so much in different situations? I don't have so much love or hate for dogs, my feelings are neutral
A-Z DREAM MOODS DREAM DICTIONARY QUOTE :smile: http://www.dreammoods.com/

'….Dog in your dream symbolizes intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, fidelity and suggests your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success. The dream dog may also represent someone in your life who exhibits these qualities.

Alternatively, a dream dog indicates a skill that you may have ignored or forgotten.

If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it indicates some inner conflict within yourself.

It may also indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness. If dog is dead/dying, then it means a loss of a good friend or a deterioration of your instincts....'

Marinka

It sounds like something has changed in your life having to do with family/friend loyalties. Maybe someone coming into your life/family and you question whether they are being upfront.

Can you explain more on how the dogs are acting?

midnight sun

It sounds like something has changed in your life having to do with family/friend loyalties. Maybe someone coming into your life/family and you question whether they are being upfront.

Can you explain more on how the dogs are acting?

In every dream they are different.

In one dream, because I'm afraid of it, I tie my eyes while I'm walking near it, thinking that if I don't see it, it won't hurt me. :smile: This is very typical.

One other dream, it was about birth trauma, I went into a big toilet and a dog attacks me. Something protects me from being bited. And the same thing happened my mother, too, before.

Sometimes they are small and sweet and I want to give love to them. It is like they symbolize "emotions".

They are usually alive but in one dream I saw lost of dead dogs near sea. Later in the dream I have chick but it mutates and grow different animal organs. I have a husband in the dream but a man from other time dimension travelled and came to our time. My husband says we can't send him back.

Usually dogs can stay in some places I try to go into, like they are the security of those places.

I'm writing this now because my phobia rises suddenly and I'm feeling anxious about them. And I saw this rising coming up in my dream, too. One week ago in my dream I was walking with my teacher in the university in a very neglected street. I saw a dog is barking and afraid so much, I hided in an very old style police car.
This week, this dream become real. In the campus I feel this fear so much, someone told me that one of dogs bite someone. So I told the same teacher that I'll leave her lesson because I'm very afraid of the dogs outside(the lesson is at night) and she told me that she'll take me to my house after the lesson.

poyi

Premium Member
Have you check if you have any Fixed star in your chart that is connected to Dogs?

Such as Fixed Star Aludra is related to dog bites, at 29 degrees Cancer.

Last edited:

Marinka

Most likely I might be wrong here but, it sounds like you have a very real phobia about dogs and while controlled, it seems to be coming back under the guise of your dreams. I would suspect that you are becoming more anxious in general as you mentioned that there was a dog bite recently in the area.

How did you deal with the phobia before and is there any way that you can redo some of the processes/steps that helped you before?

I suspect that the dreams are trying to tell you that your phobia is coming back ...

midnight sun

Have you check if you have any Fixed star in your chart that is connected to Dogs?

Such as Fixed Star Aludra is related to dog bites, at 29 degrees Cancer.

I checked Aludra, it's in my 10th house and its only aspect is a square to my Pluto in my 1st house. My Pluto's aspects are good.

Another detail is Saturn is entering my 2nd house to its natal position and since last year I have lots of anxiety rising, usually they are about physical abuse threat. I'm working on them with my therapist, I found out that I have authority and punishment fear. Your comment about this fixed star is very interesting because I also found out this fear is somehow connected to working. (I still don't work, I'm 28, there is clear sabotage I'm doing) And this fixed star is in 10th house.

midnight sun

Most likely I might be wrong here but, it sounds like you have a very real phobia about dogs and while controlled, it seems to be coming back under the guise of your dreams. I would suspect that you are becoming more anxious in general as you mentioned that there was a dog bite recently in the area.

How did you deal with the phobia before and is there any way that you can redo some of the processes/steps that helped you before?

I suspect that the dreams are trying to tell you that your phobia is coming back ...

For getting over my phobia, I walked near them instead of changing my way. I even try to touch and love them. My fear loses power in time. I have friends who have dogs, sometimes I touch and love them. Or when I travel, I stayed in places with dogs, I again stay close to them. I'm usually afraid when the dog is very energetic and moving a lot.

Last year I was afraid in the campus but stayed calm all the year. But this week, when someone says a dogs bites someone, all my fear comes back again. I still can stay or walk near a dog. But I'm afraid when they run or bark. Also I'm not afraid if a place has certain dogs because they live there always and get used to people. But in the campus, they are changing and I can't figure out their behaviours. They are different dogs every time.

I couldn't sleep last night and cried all the night fearing about the future. Because I'm trying to work there, waiting for the position to open so most of my life will be in this campus. Suddenly with that fear, I have a question of how to stay there feeling secure. I never worked before, this will be my first working time if I'm accepted.

poyi

Premium Member
I checked Aludra, it's in my 10th house and its only aspect is a square to my Pluto in my 1st house. My Pluto's aspects are good.

Another detail is Saturn is entering my 2nd house to its natal position and since last year I have lots of anxiety rising, usually they are about physical abuse threat. I'm working on them with my therapist, I found out that I have authority and punishment fear. Your comment about this fixed star is very interesting because I also found out this fear is somehow connected to working. (I still don't work, I'm 28, there is clear sabotage I'm doing) And this fixed star is in 10th house.

I also just had my Saturn return as well, since it entered sign of Scorpio, I also been experiencing a lot of anxiety. Since it is also in the natal 2nd house, it was about money after I had accident, also thought a lot about work; I guess all these are part of Capricorn matters since Saturn naturally rules 10th house which most people during Saturn return do think about their status, security, career etc.

By traditional rulership, it ruled my 6th house Aquarius, and 5th house Capricorn Moon, 5th also ruling spine, when it was about to make exact return, my back was killing me now getting better but still bothering, also thinking it was pain from female organs such as ovaries and uterus as it ruled my natal moon.

I think you can look more as you mentioned you just having Saturn return.

Marinka

Does your therapist know that you are having these dreams about the dogs and that a dog that bit someone on the campus is causing you much anxiety?

If not, I would suggest bringing this up with him/her.

poyi

Premium Member
midnight sun

If you feel comfortable and needed more astrological answers. You could try to post your chart in Read My Chart section.

midnight sun

Does your therapist know that you are having these dreams about the dogs and that a dog that bit someone on the campus is causing you much anxiety?

If not, I would suggest bringing this up with him/her.

This is a new crisis so I didn't pay much attention to those dreams before. I will tell her this week. Thank you :smile:

Phoenix Venus

Often, a phobia represents some underlying fear/trauma/ unhealthy attachment or pattern that is manifesting in a very specific way.

The dream might be a way of saying that though you have the dog thing under control, the underlying cause of the dog phobia is still hampering you. Especially in the dream where you say you basically try to ignore the issue by closing your eyes. (and the one about the dogs blocking you from certain places.. a fear blocking you from certain ways of expression...)

Since you picked it up from your mom, maybe it has something to do with some patterns that were ingrained in your during childhood. One way to start working with the underlying issue is to try to gauge what in your daily waking life makes you feel the same as the dogs do in the dreams. What other things scare you that you try to ignore or avoid.

Dogs are social creatures and represent friendship and trust. It might be that you struggle trusting and opening up to others. Whatever it may be, i think the dreams are attempting to urge you to face your fears.

Of course, this is just a suggestion. Only you will really know. Meditating or praying on it (if that is your sort of thing) could greatly help.

Last edited:

midnight sun

Often, a phobia represents some underlying fear/trauma/ unhealthy attachment or pattern that is manifesting in a very specific way.

The dream might be a way of saying that though you have the dog thing under control, the underlying cause of the dog phobia is still hampering you. Especially in the dream where you say you basically try to ignore the issue by closing your eyes. (and the one about the dogs blocking you from certain places.. a fear blocking you from certain ways of expression...)

Since you picked it up from your mom, maybe it has something to do with some patterns that were ingrained in your during childhood. One way to start working with the underlying issue is to try to gauge what in your daily waking life makes you feel the same as the dogs do in the dreams. What other things scare you that you try to ignore or avoid.

Dogs are social creatures and represent friendship and trust. It might be that you struggle trusting and opening up to others. Whatever it may be, i think the dreams are attempting to urge you to face your fears.

Of course, this is just a suggestion. Only you will really know. Meditating or praying on it (if that is your sort of thing) could greatly help.

Thank you very much. Your comment is helpful. I feel the same fear with men. in the streets. I can say that I don't feel comfortable while walking in some streets because I also have a fear of being kidnapped by car. Of course the fear is about sexual assault. And I'm also not comfortable in some streets because of dogs. So you seem to be right.

Virinchi

dog is your own conscience which guides you.
dogs bark on us (in dream) when we're thinking of travelling on wrong path.
they even bite us if neglect all warnings and step on wrong track

mdinaz

I know the standard interpretation of dogs in dreams, but last night I had a dream that had a dog with two heads. In the dream I was dealing with a car in which the battery had been drained, and while working on it I felt something nudge my leg. I look down and there is a dog seeking attention, but with two heads. It was a nice dog and I petted it, but it was very unusual. I love dogs and have dogs so there is no dog phobia involved, but I've never seen a two-headed anything in a dream. Any ideas?

poyi

Premium Member
I know the standard interpretation of dogs in dreams, but last night I had a dream that had a dog with two heads. In the dream I was dealing with a car in which the battery had been drained, and while working on it I felt something nudge my leg. I look down and there is a dog seeking attention, but with two heads. It was a nice dog and I petted it, but it was very unusual. I love dogs and have dogs so there is no dog phobia involved, but I've never seen a two-headed anything in a dream. Any ideas?

I automatically thought of the mutable signs like Gemini.