Mars transiting my 7h/8h

FraterAC

In my experience a Mars transit _by itself_ would not be a major factor. I would expect it to be activating (or triggering) a Secondary/Major progression and/or minor progression, or -- a Solar Arc "direction."
I would look there to determine what (big picture) is going on first.

blackbery

Would you like to post your chart? :mars::saturn:are considered the 'malefics' & when they get together, it's not usually a good
thing! Sorry to hear that you had an accident when the transit started. Remember that :mars: turns RX end of Oct
so you will be re-visiting the same issues until Jan/2023. There could be some positive aspects going on
so it won't be all gloom & doom & disaster. Your chart can reveal a lot more about what could happen.

Mars retrograde dates: October 30, 2022 to January 12, 2023. Mars enters pre-retrograde shadow on September 3, 2022, at 8°8′ degrees of Gemini. Mars goes retrograde on Oct 30, 2022, at 6:25 a.m. Pacific Time at 25°37′ degrees of Gemini.

blackbery

I have to disagree with the member who says that :mars: transit is not a factor by itself.

Transits first remember in predictive astrology.

A bad :mars:aspect can bring about an accident, a drowning, a car crash, a shooting, physical violence or even a heart attack....
depending on what other planets its impacting.
It can also bring great wins in sports, in war, in conflicts. It can bring great healing with surgery.

That's why we need to see the chart.

FraterAC

I have to disagree with the member who says that :mars: transit is not a factor by itself.

Transits first remember in predictive astrology.

A bad :mars:aspect can bring about an accident, a drowning, a car crash, a shooting, physical violence or even a heart attack....
depending on what other planets its impacting.
It can also bring great wins in sports, in war, in conflicts. It can bring great healing with surgery.

That's why we need to see the chart.
In a little less than two years, Mars makes a complete circuit of the zodiac. That means in two years, Mars has transited EVERY DEGREE of EVERY HOROSCOPE. Every possible aspect and conjunction, every possible sensitive point in every horoscope has been transited by Mars. And as a result of that, how many horoscopes are hit with "an accident, a drowning, a car crash, a shooting, physical violence or even a heart attack....?" Every two years? Multiple times every two years? Answer: very, very few. Let alone every two years, how many times in each of our lives, total, have these dire effects been felt? Certainly not several times every two years, for the majority of us.
So I repeat, a Mars transit BY ITSELF is NOT going to be a major factor in one's life.
Taken together with progressions, major and minor, that's another matter.
To make a big deal out of a Mars transit by itself seems to me to be just fear-mongering.

blackbery

Don't you believe in predictive astrology?🤔🤔
It's transits you look at first for immediate events, then progressions which are more slow moving, can take years.

There are millions & millions of car accidents every year, not usually fatal but a vehicle accident ruled by :mars: happens
so often we don't even give it a 2nd thought. Some are very deadly, like a recent one where I live where 6 people were killed.
Drownings happen all the time unfortunately. I almost drowned myself once & have to be very careful with water with my
own :mars::cancer: which can get 'triggered' with transits & be very dangerous. Another time when my :mars: was triggered
in a horrible transit, I was physically attacked by a man with a knife but I managed to escape.
He was caught by the police...who are also ruled by :mars: as our the military.
During a :mars: RX there can be extreme conflict & violence, esp if in contact with :saturn:or :pluto:. Wars can break that.
That's reality, not fear mongering. To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed.

Just like with the current :mercury:RX. We know it will lead to technical difficulties, errors, delays, etc. Is it not fear mongering
to be aware of how astrology transits can affect individuals or even the world.

Astrology can help with preventing serious consequences if you understand the power of certain transits.

blackbery

thank you both for your replies, i just added my chart in placidus and whole signs both in the original post! Im really interested in seeing how my natal saturn would impact all of this, do you think that saturn being a malefic but it being retrograde could somehow lessen the bad effects of it or would it amplify them? I hope theres some positive stuff here as well, if not i just wanna know what to expect :(

Can you post your chart in placidus with CURRENT transits?

Thanks. I'll have a look later & see what could possibly happen & how you can avoid anything serious.

😊

FraterAC

I am absolutely aware of the reality of celestial influence. I admit transits are a factor. But I repeat, one more time, that transits by themselves, and a Mars transit, as in this specific case, is NOT sufficient to cause the dire effects you are positing, "accident, a drowning, a car crash, a shooting, physical violence or even a heart attack." Scaring people does not help.
If you have experienced many unfortunate experiences as a result of these transits, I would say look to your own chart and attitude.
The possible effects of many configurations can be ameliorated by mental creation, precautions, and mental attitude.

FraterAC

I can understand both of your points! I think transits definitely play a role but maybe i pull these things towards me worrying so much about them and when the energy is already in the air it doesnt help and its probably also due to my own chart. Im interested to see how my chart plays into this
That's what I'm getting at. Maintain a positive attitude, avoid, whenever possible, situations that could get too confrontational, and imagine a peaceful resolution to situations that might arise. Don't create situations in your imagination.
Every two years or so Mars transits the whole zodiac, and each of our charts, aspecting every part of it. That means Mars makes all of the 10 different types of "hard" aspects (Conjunction, opposition, 2 squares, 2 semisquares, 2 sesquiquadtatures, parallel and contraparallel) to all 10 of the planets plus the Midheaven and Ascendant (leaving out the Moon's Nodes, Part of Fortune, asteroids, Eris, etc). So that means every 2 years Mars makes AT LEAST 120 (10x12) hard aspects to each of our charts. Of those 120 hard aspects, which average about one every six days (365 x 2=730; 730/120=6.08), how many result, for each and every one of us, in some kind of terrible event?
I'll let you answer that from your own life's history. I'm betting very few, if any.
So getting back to my point, by all means, take care and keep a positive attitude, and use your imagination to create the kind of experience you want. But your Mars transit, in and by itself, is not going to result in a major event.

blackbery

Thank you 4 posting chart with current transits...yep, :mars::conjunct::saturn:habbening right now! It just existed a square to your :uranus:
which is is a classic 'accident configuration'.....however, with :saturn:RX in your chart as you pointed out, the energy is
not as strong....additionally, you have some beautiful :saturn::trine: in your chart which are extremely helpful.

I'll have a proper look later on & get back to you buf it doesn't look as dire as one would think with the two malefics in conjunct.
It's very comforting to have those Trines because they can act like a 'guardian angel' or a protector.

😊

Techno_A

Hello friend,

something I found out (recently) is that the method works best is the one that you usually use.
If for example you use Placidus (traditional horary houses) houses usually for natal chart work, then use Placidus for transits as well!
If for example you are well knowledgeable with Hellenistic Astrology, then you should probably use Whole-sign houses.

JUPITERASC

hello everyone, i have a question about the current mars in gemini transit.
Its either my 7h or 8h depending on placidus or whole signs, i also have saturn retrograde in my 7h/8h natal chart. I think it will also be squaring venus in virgo, i have virgo in my 10h/11h. which method do you think works best for transits? and what should i be expecting?
Something i found interesting when this transit started i had an accident and had to go to the hospital.
Consult an ephemeris
for a SOLAR or a LUNAR ECLIPSE :)
in GEMINI

or conjunct natal Mercury

here's more information on transits as well

JUPITERASC

Thanks a lot jupiterasc, this was extremely helpful! Im checking all of it out currently, its really interesting. Im new to transits so this is really helpful <3
That's great :)
Moon being swiftest moving planet
transits any sign/house for two and a half days :)
before travelling to the next
and
completes transiting all twelve signs in one month
and so
is a good place to commence observing and checking
a personal nativity

for comparison with real world daily events relative to transiting moon.

FraterAC

As I just posted in another thread --
Transiting Moon will give indications of many influences, true, but unfortunately are quite weak as well as being very, eh -- transitory. Many people have noted the solar transits, which result in similar influences on the same or adjacent dates from year to year, provide slightly more powerful examples. A friend of mine noticed several events in her life happened around Aug 12th, which oddly enough coincided with a Sun transit over her Ascendant. I've occasionally experienced "hard" solar transits in the first week of Oct.
However, in these two examples, these influences were not felt every year, and when they were, the solar transit only served as the day-timer of progressed configurations currently in force.
You may be able to provide similar examples from your own experience.

JUPITERASC

As I just posted in another thread --
Transiting Moon will give indications of many influences, true,
but unfortunately are quite weak
not necessarily "...weak..."
as well as being very, eh -- transitory.
Hilariously
- TRANSITS are TRANSITORY :)

Many people have noted the solar transits, which result in similar influences on the same or adjacent dates from year to year, provide slightly more powerful examples. A friend of mine noticed several events in her life happened around Aug 12th, which oddly enough coincided with a Sun transit over her Ascendant. I've occasionally experienced "hard" solar transits in the first week of Oct.
However, in these two examples, these influences were not felt every year, and when they were, the solar transit only served as the day-timer of progressed configurations currently in force.
You may be able to provide similar examples from your own experience.

FraterAC

not necessarily "...weak..."
As I posted elsewhere,
As an example of what I mean by weak, if one compares the influence of a secondary progressed Moon (which can last 2-3 months) with that of a transiting Moon (which might last 3 - 5 hours) one can clearly see that in addition to the difference in duration of the effect, there is also a difference of power of the effect equivalent to a couple orders of magnitude, at least.
When the Moon is transiting one's Saturn, for example, a person might not even notice it, on any level. The secondary progressed Moon in conjunction with natal Saturn, however, is something the native is definitely going to experience.
No one is denying that transits are an important element of celestial influence. Certainly they are the easiest to calculate and the easiest to correlate with terrestrial events; no one can argue that. Opinions do differ on their relative strength and importance, however. So here we are.
While the transiting Moon is undoubtedly very important as a timing factor, as an independent influence, other than the rotation of the Earth itself (which brings the angles and planets of the natal chart to the angles in real time), the transiting Moon is the least powerful and the most -- shall we say -- ephemeral -- of celestial influences.

Last edited: