Mars Stations and Goes Retro

baker

:shock: fasten your seat belts ladies and gentlemen, it's gonna be a bumby ride.

Mars will station at 23 Taurus and turn retrograde on Saturday 9/30, and further it shall exactly oppose Venus at 23 Scorpio.

This is SO intense :evil:

fixed signs on top of everything else.

Mars will go direct again December 9th.

Angel of Something

Ooh, and December 9th will be a relief when Mars is direct. :mrgreen:

At least, looking at the chart, the Moon and Mars aren't making any really bad aspects to my chart right there at the start of it.

There's an opposition of Mars and Venus then, though.

Well, this'll be interesting, the last time Mars went retrograde, I don't think I knew anything about astrology, so I'll get to observe some this time.

Oh, and I wish for everyone here (and elsewhere) that there won't be too many bad anger issues. (Taurus is Mars' detriment, isn't it?)

C

cider

Can someone assist me a little,please?
If one was not born with an opposition of Mars and Venus,the aspect of this transiting Mars and Venus would not impact him/her very much?
Thank you in advance.

H

heidi

Cider,
No, that is not the case. Depending on your chart this aspect will fall in certain houses which can feel the effect due to the nature of the planetary energies alone. Mars retrograding by irself is significant
And if you happen to have any natal planets near these degrees, regardless , there can be transiting apects to your natal planets which can serve up some additional issues.

So check which houses this falls in and if you have any planets near these degrees, regardless of which sign they are in. Also the angles.

Heidi

kyle8921

I'm new to predictive astrology, so I'm not sure about how to interpret this.

Kyle-AstrologicChart.jpg

Will Retrograde Mars conjunct my natal Mars and Jupiter , AND square my natal Venus?

Because that doesn't sound too good :shock:

baker

Kyle the answer is yes, that is correct, but transiting Mars already hit your natal Mars before the retrograde, will hit it again going retro, then again when it goes direct.

H

heidi

Kyle,
it's not neccesarily good vs. bad. I would observe what happened when mars was in these positions b4 the retro. It will also go back to oppose pluto, then turn direct and hit these again. A chance to review and reject old ways of relating and live your truth from a place of neutrality. Don't run over people but don't let them run over you.
An opportunity to review these issues and decide to act differently or not.
It's not about prediction things happening to us but about observing how you chose to use the energies.

" It's a wise man who rules his stars, and a fool who is ruled by them"- popular astrology maxim

Heidi

baker

Kyle, Heidi is right. It's not about predicting, it's about influences and there are not good and bad planets, like Heidi said, it's how you choose to use the energy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, astra inclinant, non necessitant = the stars incline they do not determine. 8)

So, here's some info for ya, in general:

Mars Conjunct Mars (Retrograde) Expected opportunities for advancement and the initiation of new projects may meet with some delay for a while as Mars hesitates at its usual twice-yearly reinforcement of your natal Mars. That doesn't mean you've missed the boat, only that its sailing time is delayed for repairs to make the journey safer. Use the wait to make sure you've really tied up all your ends on previous commitments and have a solid ground under you to push off from shore when the time comes. Once the focus of energy gets itself together, you won't have time to look backwards, so clear the decks now.

Mars Conjunct Mars (Direct After Retrograde) This second Mars return is the beginning of a two-year cycle of energy and promotion that, for a while, looked like it would never show up. Long-awaited wells of energy open up and a change in status in work or the major projects your are involved with mark a new step in your evolving journey along the path to achievement and success. This is not necessarily a life-altering development, but it is certainly another significant and welcome advance that reenergizes and rejuvenates. The essence, since this is the end of Mars retrograde, is tying up loose and useless ends and getting with the new program.

Mars Stationary Retrograde in 4th House
Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will much else be during this period. For you, getting the foundations right will be the most important achievement, but you may have to try, try again before that becomes a done deal. Getting your inner priorities right so you don't start off half-cocked is really important, so think it through and consider all the repercussions before you take action. Even then, be willing to patiently rework it if need be. The test of success here is not a hot launch, but seeing it all safely home in the end. And remember, others are involved and can throw you off, so be careful.

Mars Stationary Direct in 4th House
After a period when attempts to shore up and develop your underpinnings may have gotten you the runaround, you'll find that selective attempts to make your castle stronger will meet with success and applause. Pick your projects and don't scatter your energies and you'll find what seemed like swimming upstream will become a walk in the park. The key is to get in touch with what is important to you inside and let your outer efforts reflect your inner strengths. Draw on your fundamental capacities to jumpstart a specific initiative and playing the game will become a breeze.

so now, it's gonna go on for a while :roll: , and I think the Mars/Mars hit is pretty significant on you and hard on your 4th house issues of home and family, so you hang in there while it bangs you over the head a few more times to get your attention :shock: , you'll be better for it. Take care.[/i]

kyle8921

Wow... astrology strikes again...

I didn't know that Mars went Retrograde... haven't been here ina couple weeks.

Anyway, on Friday, the 30th, and especially the Saturday after, I had a HUGE hatred for being home. I wanted to leave at ALL costs, and, I did, going to the mall 4 times with my friends and staying at other people's houses... I hated being home... I HAD to leave the house also because my mom was driving my crazy.

House 4 represents Home if I'm correct..?

Just seems kinda weird... though I may be wrong.

MidnightDevil

So this can make people with some Taurus characteristics look more energetic or aggressive? I have Asc. in Taurus and my boss which is always in a bad mood is a Taurus sun sign.

C

cider

Hi Heidi,
Thank you very much for the clarification! :D

Oh yes,I did wonder about the angles because Rx Mars falls in the 10th in my chart. Now your comment got me thinking back that the early last month when Tr Mars was conjunct MC and oppose my Venus-Jupiter near the 4th cusp,I sold the car to my son.It was a big decision for me to sell for I will have to rely on the public transportation from now on.

Transiting Mars will retrograde back to the cusp again in early November...I wonder if this will be the time when my son pay me for the car...he is waiting for the title,then planning to apply for the loan.

May I ask another question,please?
Does transiting rx planet touches back the issue(in my case,the car) when it goes back? Hopefully everthing will be ok on his end with the car and the back.

I really appreciated your time to comment,Heidi.
Thanks again!

H

heidi

Hi Cider,

I can't be sure of what will happen (esp. without a chart) But I started a thread called check Aug. 2003--for info on this.

Heidi

baker

Mars Retrograde. Mars has one purpose -- ACTION!! Mars, the energy that helps you go for it and express your desires, doesn't like to be stopped and turned inward; this concept makes no sense to Mars (are you seething with anger yet??). When Mars stations and travels Retrograde, its excited, active energy becomes covert and calculated; its motives are hidden. Careful -- inwardly turned outward-bound energy can become toxic! Positively, Mars Retrograde can give you a chance to think before acting; to assess your motives and aggressions before reacting; to find your inner demons and send them packing before they continue to interfere with your life. Indecision and delays can be an clue that you need to make better plans -- back to the drawing board!! with renewed patience...

Mars will Retrograde in Taurus in the autumn of 2005. The section of your chart where Mars is Retrograde is likely the place where you experience the most inertia BEFORE the Retrograde station and the most backward movement or even loss of recent gains DURING the Retrograde, especially during this Mars Retrograde in the FIXED sign of Taurus. Despite something that seemed promising before a Mars Retrograde, progress can start to seem like an unrealistic dream as you feel a loss of enthusiasm and energy for whatever seemed to be so exciting before. However, in the EARTH sign of Taurus, there may be some very practical considerations you overlooked in your pervious haste and building a solid foundation may be slower and/or more costly than anticipated. Since everything seems to be moving in slow motion during Mars Retrograde, tension can turn inward and frustration can manifest as inflammations, fevers, rashes, cuts&bruises, accidents, or muscle strains. And if you continue to be stubborn, the tension can manifest in general irritability and an increase in arguments. This may not be the best time to start a new project, and if you do, you are likely to abandon it when Mars stations Direct at the end of the year. It IS a great time to complete long-term projects and learn to take rest breaks before YOU break!