mars in virgo - 2011 - 2012

ethertwist

It's transiting my 2nd house for the entire run. Not sure how I feel about this. It has/will conjunct my natal N.Node/Saturn at 9 & 10 Virgo, while trining my natal Moon at 8 Taurus and sextiling my Venus at 13 Cancer, all very nice. On the flip side, it will be squaring my natal Mars at 15 Gemini two more times and squaring my Neptune at 18 Sag along with it.

I'm almost more excited about the aspects it will be making to other transiting planets, like an extended trine to Pluto moving through my 6th and Jupiter moving through my 10th. I'm really wanting to make a long overdue career change in 2012 and I'm hoping all this energy in earth signs in my earth houses will be supportive of that goal!:unsure:

It's noteworthy to mention that Mars rules my Aries MC.

Mars is in my first house, coming up to conjunct my sun, LIKE, 2 hours from now. I'm certainly on the go, traveling with my family through the South West.
They've all had bad colds, now I have one as well, so there's been a lot of tending the sick. We did manage to have a dance party with my sons this morning which was verrry energetic despite us all being sick. :biggrin:

Fragoso

All these aspects you mention are already in your natal chart?
Otherwise little effect.

Mars in Virgo through the 2nd in general can give energy to earn extra income or you spend more money on everyday things such as food, clothing and accommodations... pet health etc. You may be more painstaking with your income matters and become more practical and sensible with what you spend on and in the ways you may gain assets. You may spend money on organic herbs and medicines and foods.....or earn money with that... depends on the rest of your chart....

At the moment transit mars in virgo is sextilling my mars (in cancer) and trinning my moon (in taurus). So it's also making a trine to uranus and neptune (in cap).

I feel like i am about to EXPLODEEEEEEEE LOL
I can see that my energy is bigger than others for sure, but my patient not :tongue:
I guess i have to make yoga one day

Trying to calm down,
Fragoso

Caro

Fragso - hope you have calmed down .......:crying:(tentatively said!!)

TN hope you are still dancing.:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

well folks we have another 7 months of this.

So Traditionalist astrologers I throw down the gauntlet(martian move) come hither and tell me/us what is mars doing in your natal and how will this lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg transit effect thee!

(yepp not a mention of the outers in sight! :smile:)

you do use mars right?!

Fragoso

Fragso - hope you have calmed down .......:crying:(tentatively said!!)

TN hope you are still dancing.:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

well folks we have another 7 months of this.

So Traditionalist astrologers I throw down the gauntlet(martian move) come hither and tell me/us what is mars doing in your natal and how will this lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg transit effect thee!

(yepp not a mention of the outers in sight! :smile:)

you do use mars right?!

Thank you Caro.
Mars transit over my 3rd house now. That explains a lot of things.
Fragoso:rightful:

siren1111

I understand. Money issues are the #1 argument all couples have! Hmm. Mars in Virgo has helped me-(leo sun, virgo rising) to put together many ideas for cashflow! I am trying to do quite a bit right now before 1/23 when Mars falls asleep(goes retrograde). I have my moon in Virgo also so I like this time period.

CapAquaPis

When you have Mars in Virgo, now to combine Moon at 27°19' Taurus, Sun at 14°16' Capricorn - That's 3 earth signs and have a strong feeling what should happen in the world will awaken our sensibilities of the upcoming conflict in the Straits of Hormuz, the important bottleneck in the oil trade and Mars the god of war in Virgo with two other earth signs shows an aggressive move by the Iranian navy to block world oil shipments...and confrontation with our navy and the United Arab Emirates is imminent. Otherwise to our personal lives, I expect a romantic rendezvous :andy: since I had a PM from someone in a dating site interested to chat with me and by tonight's horoscope, I believe we could go on from there. :tongue:

MaeMae

Banned
Mars stations retrograde on Jan 25th, my birthday, at 23' Virgo, just a jig after perfecting opposition to natal venus at 22'43 pisces. both on 3rd/9th cusps.
mars retro in SR for entire year.
I think it's a good time to revisit my energies/lifelong aspiration of writing and getting work published.
I really want to write again professionally. It's been years since I've taken it seriously.

ethertwist

Mars stations retrograde on Jan 25th, my birthday, at 23' Virgo, just a jig after perfecting opposition to natal venus at 22'43 pisces. both on 3rd/9th cusps.
mars retro in SR for entire year.
I think it's a good time to revisit my energies/lifelong aspiration of writing and getting work published.
I really want to write again professionally. It's been years since I've taken it seriously.

MaeMae, since it seems we have identical house cusps (by sign and likely degree), how are we to interpret Mars going retrograde on the cusp of the 3rd (in placidus, my 3rd house cusp is 22 Virgo 18)? Is the Mars retrograde energy going to be felt around 3rd house issues at all or since it only arrives at the "doorstep" of 3 before returning back to 2 is it still primarily focused on 2nd house issues?? Cusps are so nebulous when it comes to interpretations sometimes.:unsure:

MaeMae

Banned
I think the transiting aspect to planets and their ruling houses show where transits play out. Since I also have a natal planet on the cusp of the 9th, which mars opposes, the cusp takes on additional influence.
Retro on cusp alone, i'd look at station retro and then when it's moved forward to 22' after retro to see. can't say i payed much attention to cusp stations other than on angles til i noticed this. probably look at where merc/jup/neptune falls in our chart, since they rule the cusps. it should be interesting.

ethertwist

I think the transiting aspect to planets and their ruling houses show where transits play out. Since I also have a natal planet on the cusp of the 9th, which mars opposes, the cusp takes on additional influence.
Retro on cusp alone, i'd look at station retro and then when it's moved forward to 22' after retro to see. can't say i payed much attention to cusp stations other than on angles til i noticed this. probably look at where merc/jup/neptune falls in our chart, since they rule the cusps. it should be interesting.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!:smile:

Caro

MM

that does sound like a great gift to revisit at this time.

I must admit I am a bit like fragso at the moment - boiling up over stuff. :unsure:

at 23 degrees when it turns its on my natal uranus - which lights up or ignites a kite formation....

having real problems with my internet connection at the moment so not on so much.

please all keep posting

This Sun and chart ruler AND asc in Virgo lady could tell you all a story or 10
about these past months. Stuff has HAPPENED. Strangely (well, not so strangely if you think of the nature of virgo) I have been looking after a lot of people quite suddenly. Like everyone I know has suddenly come to me for help and for some strange reason, I'm totally okay with it.

Akiva

I'm excited :D could mean big things when it conjucts my natal mars which is on the same degree as my natal Venus ( starting in march I believe) could mean some hot and spicy things :p but my natal Venus is in its opposite ruling house, not really sure how to factor that in

Regardless mars-mars should be interesting

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
akiva ~
mars returns are good times to initiate solar desires.
i'm confused on what day it stations. one ephem. listed it stationing retro on 25th, but i just saw 23rd on another site.

Hekate

Mars in Virgo is transiting in my 12th house conjuncting my Moon, Mars and ascendant in this sign. :sick:

It is a very energic period for me, but also very stressing because my mother (Pisces) went in hospital. The 12th house are the hospitals and this might be a reason.

I hope it is going to be everything ok!

Caro

Hekate - hope your mum has speedy recovery.

maybe post your chart if you would like people to comment further.

yes 12th can mean hospitals and as you have moon there too.

MaeMae

Banned
Mars is preparing to station retro next week. Sloooow moving Mars, what an anathema (sp?) when he slows down to a snails pace.
Stationing within a separating degree of opposition to my 22'43 venus, ruler of 4th and 11th and a barely noticeable trine to natal saturn at 22'33, ruler of 6th.
thank gawd saturn is there for me, practical and intent when the beast of mars comes knocking at venus' door.
good lord, 51 next week and i find myself the object of more than a couple of men's pruriant propositions.
to ladies who care ~ if you want action, or offers of action, wait for a mars station opp. your venus.
but my saturn is there, confidently holding in the reigns and saying " does he have a home for you or can he aid in fulfilling your dreams? if not, then....see ya. but it seems to make the attack even more pressing.
ridiculous.
my last boyfriend has been making heroic efforts to woo me back and i'm all, "show me the money."
Strange that Mars would come through like this and bust apart my typical venus in pisces doormat facade, but of course, Mars is not leaving my 2nd but for a 3 day sneeze stationing on 3rd cusp.
2nd house. What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.
With the critical Virgo eye and the smoky, innocent eye of my venus pisces. maybe i should get a bigger net?
i am so-not-into-confrontations right now ~ i'd rather be having sex and watching my bank acct. get fatter as well with this crazy opposition.

Yuusha

I have a question: what is the impact of a Mars retrograde transit if I have a natal Mars retrograde? Is it in any way different from a person with a direct Mars in a natal chart?

Thus far, I don't feel much from the Mars in Virgo transit (which was at first in my 6th house, and then it went into my 7th house of relationships), I'm handling smoothly any tensions coming from other people (I'm sure it's resulting from positive aspects, maybe my Saturn sextile Uranus or my Neptune trine Jupiter transit or my natal Moon trine Venus or my Mercury in Libra).

However, I do feel a decrease in drive, and I have to put in more effort than usual to keep up with my usual routines and my interactions with others. How do I deal with that during a Mars retrograde, do I just go with the flow and make a larger effort?