Look back at the years (12 animal signs review)!

sentR89day

I'm a dragon.

Years of the rats have always been more lucky than other years.
Years of the Monkey's are always luckier than other years.
Year of the Rabbits have always been fun and light even if there are no breakthroughs in my life! They are great years to go clubbing!
Years of the Snakes have always been fun but dark. I get into horror movies a lot during these years and I have fun with the lights off a lot during these years.
Years of the goats have always been okay and normal but there's a certain earthiness and darkness to it. It's not dark in a bad way just a bit shadowy.
Year of the Dragons (my year) have always been larger than life.
Year of the Pigs have always been lucky but not as lucky as Rat and Monkey years.

Do any of you see patterns during certain animal years in your life? Look back 12 years, 24 years, etc., etc.

Osamenor

Staff member
The Chinese zodiac cycle correlates loosely with the cycles of Jupiter. Maybe it depends on what kind of Jupiter aspects you get, at what point in the cycle.

Rat and Monkey are four signs apart from Dragon. That's a trine. For you, Jupiter trine natal Jupiter would come along sometime during those years.

In Chinese years, the element is also relevant. Do you know whether you're a water, wood, metal, earth, or fire dragon?

The current year's element may boost you or deplete you, or have a neutral effect, depending on how it relates to your element.

Me, I'm a wood rabbit, and I found the last pair of fire years (the last Monkey and Rooster sequence, 2016-18) to be very active, but tiring, years. Fire depletes wood.

sentR89day

The Chinese zodiac cycle correlates loosely with the cycles of Jupiter. Maybe it depends on what kind of Jupiter aspects you get, at what point in the cycle.

Rat and Monkey are four signs apart from Dragon. That's a trine. For you, Jupiter trine natal Jupiter would come along sometime during those years.

In Chinese years, the element is also relevant. Do you know whether you're a water, wood, metal, earth, or fire dragon?

The current year's element may boost you or deplete you, or have a neutral effect, depending on how it relates to your element.

Me, I'm a wood rabbit, and I found the last pair of fire years (the last Monkey and Rooster sequence, 2016-18) to be very active, but tiring, years. Fire depletes wood.
Thank you for your reply! Very interesting!

Mad Madam Mimm

Cock- A-Doodle- Doooooo Mofos!!!

I’m sorry couldn’t help myself 😂🤦‍♀️

Quick accurate summary of a Metal Rooster on its best days.
Now you know. Avoid them if you are prone to high blood pressure. They can raise it. It’s a natural talent.

Osamenor

Staff member
Cock- A-Doodle- Doooooo Mofos!!!

I’m sorry couldn’t help myself 😂🤦‍♀️

Quick accurate summary of a Metal Rooster on its best days.
Now you know. Avoid them if you are prone to high blood pressure. They can raise it. It’s a natural talent.

And what pattern, if any, do you as a Metal Rooster see in how the various Chinese years go for you? That's the topic of this thread. Not personalities associated with the Chinese signs. Only post in this thread if you have something to say about the topic.

Osamenor

Staff member
I wish that the cow was part of the Chinese Zodiac! That would be so my sign! Or I'll make my own zodiac!

Closest to that is the Ox. That's the domestic bovine most common in China.

If you want to make up your own zodiac, please do that somewhere else. This board is only for actual Chinese astrology.

Osamenor

Staff member
I think in Vietnamese astrology, it's the water buffalo.

That may be so. I don't know all the Vietnamese signs, but I do know that in the Vietnamese version, the rat is a mouse and the rabbit is a cat.

I rather like being both a rabbit and a cat.

But I don't know what traits the Vietnamese ascribe to Year of the Cat natives, or how they might differ (or not) from the Chinese rabbit traits.

Let alone how that might affect the pattern of years.

sentR89day

So far, this Year of the Hare/Rabbit, is going like I feel most Hare years do go for me!
It's a social year, a year to go lightly drinking, and year to go talk with friends.

sentR89day

The last year of the Hare, 2011, was a pretty good year for me! I passed my classes at University and lost 20 pounds!
I lost even more weight the following year (2012)! Unfortunately, I failed a class in 2012 (the only class I failed)! But, overall, 2011, and 2012, were great years!

sentR89day

2023 sees in the Year of the Rabbit, which began on January 22 :)
In Chinese culture, the Rabbit is a symbol of longevity, peace and prosperity

On a subjective level, year of the rabbits tend to be social years for me! Years where I go to clubs, talk a lot to people, and dress nicely!

JUPITERASC

The Rabbit of 2023 falls under the wood element, with water as the complementary element.

2023 is predicted to be a year of hope :)

mqdefault.jpg

909aa4443cb67bdcae9fdf5f264d55d2.jpg

dheerpat

how would you rate 2023 (looking back now) for a geng dog year, wu rat month, xin si DM, Jia Wu hour person?
and of course 2024 , how will it be?