Long time lurker, I finally joined!

Calvinsmom

Hello everyone! I don't know what took me so long but I am so glad I joined.

My mantra that I explain to someone about why I enjoy astrology is that for me, astrology saved me in so many ways. It explained and validated so much. I never stop learning about it, and it continues to fascinate.

I call myself calvinsmom on account I have an only child who is now a young adult and is a gifted indigo child. He has a grand cross natal, mars opposed Saturn and moon opposed venus, mercury and sun opposed Neptune.

When he was about to turn 4, my son began complaining of an unseen ghost who would press down on my son's back and gently ask questions at night when we were asleep. ( I slept with him at that time due to us living in a one room studio apt. )

Fortunately, we left that apt. and the ghost behind. He has no memory of it all and is an agnostic much to my disappointment. I do believe in a higher spiritual power myself dearly and deeply.

Anyway, looking forward to learning and growing here. Thanks for reading!

Bunraku

Hey! Welcome :) I can't wait to see you around. Hope you enjoy it here.

Feels great to make it past through that 'I should register here' hump eh? :p

The_Saturnian

That's rare indeed! An indigo child. Wow! Does he still experience things around himself on the astral plane? Always a pleasure to meet a new member :)

Calvinsmom

I have read about this indigo thing and I have yet to figure out what it means. It seems like a bunch of people trying to be special.

Perhaps you could explain it better.

Look Zarathu, you want an explaination I will give you one.

Personally, I am 51 yrs. old now and I was born into chaos. My father had Mars conjunct Pluto and my mom had Mars opposed Pluto. I personally see a bit of different astrological generational aspects in the natal charts of some of my family members, but I won't delve into that now. I also have the distinction of both my maternal grandmother and my paternal grandmother being born on the exact same day, and they both have interesting, unusual familial catastrophic events take place in their lives that led them to be the mother figure to each of my parents, and I personally have seen the Mars Pluto aspects played out from their perspective lives.

My dad to put it in a nutshell beat the **** out of my mom before abandoning us, and running off to remarry another wife and thus leaving us far behind to pick up the shattered pieces. My dad was a scientist and military officer, among other things. My mom unfortunately was forced to give up her dream to attend college and was made to work upon graduating high school, only to give her paycheck to her mother as her new role of sole support and caregiver. My mom became very depressed and in the 1950's received electric shock therapy treatments. She then became addicted to prescription drugs and was 7 years older than my father.

I feel my father felt he made a huge mistake marrying her and having me. What got me interested in astrology was I was fortunate to meet one of those wonderfully intelligent natal chart readers who never laid eyes on me and only knew my birthdate info, who after charging me a mere 15 bucks back in 1998, asked me some very pointed questions about my parents which caused me to ask her how she was able to discern that. She replied explaining my natal chart and the planets and the aspects and I was intrigued. Unfortunately, I never was able to afford an in depth reading and slowly began to learn on my own.

I grew up under very discouraging circumstances without much parental guidance. At 13, some horrible person actually offered to inject heroin into my veins. I have Neptune square my Venus Sun conjunction. I would have easily had a horrible addiction to dangerous substances. I failed the 10th grade and never excelled at anything. I graduated and joined the military by the skin of my teeth. Jupiter trine Sun so I have a lucky break. My own singular half sibling was in prison for her addiction to heroin, and that is the only reason why I said no to the offer. My mother suffered a seriously dangerous prescription narcotic addiction until I was in my early 20's so it was all around me.

I had my son in my early 30's and his father left me all alone to raise him. I had no car and lived in section 8 housing and was absolutely miserable. Long story short, my son excelled in school and is now a college student in an honors program at a high ranking university on a full academic, financial based scholarship program for an invitation only reception and selection process. He just turned 19, has been studying French since 8th grade and is currently attending college for a semester abroad in France, taking all his courses in French. He is already a college sophomore and every aspect of his college study is covered by this scholarship program. It is guaranteed for four years.

So, Zarathru, that is my definition of an indigo child. From what I have come to know about his friends who are similar generation, they are indeed special people. And I am extremely grateful for God's redemption of my life.

Zarathu

Account Closed
What is amazing to me is how humans can continuously make bad decisions with the best information. And after 40 years of working with humans every day, it never seems to change.

And how humans can throw away opportunities on a regular basis, and then complain later that they are deprived of opportunities in life. Our charts give us many challenges but these challenges are also opportunities. If we view the challenges as holes that we can fall into and die, rather than opportunities for serious growth, we miss most of the real benefits of life.

It remains amazing to me.

As Ken Keyes Jr said in his 4th Pathway: "I always remember that I have everything I need to enjoy my here and now ---unless I am letting my consciousness be dominated by demands and expectations based on the dead past or the imagined future."

Last edited: