Lilith, dark side of woman? What about sharing the house with ceres?

anjelik

For me, Lilith is spot on loss of inhibitions. My Lilth is in Sagittarius and I've found I'm the most "free" when I am not at home. I don't view this is a bad thing, because I'm generally pretty buttoned up and in control of my actions when at home. I've always had a really good time while traveling because of this. Case in point, I met my boyfriend while traveling London a year ago. I slept with him on the first date. If we were in NY I would have never done such a thing and would have made him court me the good old fashioned way. That kind of behavior is definitely out of character for me.

One of my closest male friends has Lilth in Scorpio and it's really sort of fascinating that he is ALWAYS drawn to women with strong Scorpio in their charts and almost always a Scorpio Sun.

Last edited:

majjik

Eversince I learned I have 2H Venus conj Lilith everything makes sense now as to why Iv had so many problems with commited r/ships as she trines my DSC.When my Prog Sun hit this conj nearly 5 yrs ago the proverbial s**t hit the fan.Secrets,lies,infidelity,illicit drug use,affairs,seduction,sex, a dgaf bwt anyone but my own selfish needs.. end up getting hurt then putting the perpetrator in prison or incarcerated in some way!!Whn in reality Im t blame in th first place for gettn involved.Anyway,she ultimately bought me t learn study and now practise astrology to better understand why I was behaving so badly.Her energy is powerful and destructive if not channeled properly & u remain unaware.Dawn Bodrogi (my tutor) has a course teaching regards "The Dark Goddess" but is now full this semesta.She is writing an e-book on the subject which I am looking fwd to very much.

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

I am not sure whether we are talking about:

(a) the "Black Moon Lilith" which is the apogee of the orbit of the Moon (farthest point of the Moon from Earth), or

(b) the asteroid Lilith (asteroid 1181) or

(c) a hypothetical placement called Dark Moon Lilith which is a possible second satellite of the earth (not confirmed by modern astronomy), as first postulated by Waltemath.

With the Black Moon Lilith, the apogee of the Moon, I have found it is highlighted in the charts of powerful women. I haven't studied the asteroid Lilith or the Dark Moon Lilith at all. Maybe Zarathu can give us some input.

I have always wondered why there is so much emphasis on the apogee of the Moon (Black Moon Lilith) and not the perigee of the Moon, as the perigee (called Selena by astrologers) is the closest point of the Moon to the Earth.

I have no problem using the apogee and perigee of the Moon in astrology as we regularly use the Moon's Nodes which is the point where the Moon crosses the ecliptic.

Alice

ScorpioCrow

I have Lilith in the 8th, so my dark side is literally on the dark side, 8th being house of secrets, taboo, sex, other people's money, etc. Fitting.

ScorpioCrow

My mom has Lilith conjunct Ceres in Sagittarius in 3rd house, almost in 4th(!). We don't communicate very well, and likely never will.

Interpretation for Lilith in Sag from Astrologyinaction.com:
"Lilith is in her fall in Sagittarius. Lilith placed here makes unwise decisions and does not learn from mistakes. She is dedicated to her secret philosophies, and she judges harshly. This position denotes hypocrisy and lying... exploits her experience... she corrupts the young. As a mother, she gives no advice, keeping her children uneducated in the ways of the world. They must fend for themselves as she will never tell them. She lies to her children.

I however have it in Libra, so here's some criticism on my placement:
"Lilith in Libra expresses herself through another person. Relationships might somehow cause her to err, and her partner choice may cause much suffering... Her sweet persona is alluring. She's a real lady--flirtatious and charming. But, beneath the exterior lies a jealous angry lover. Lilith in Libra denotes divorce, as Lilith cannot remain subservient. Extramarital love affairs and violence are commonplace... There may be messy custody or legal battles concerning the children... (this describes my childhood quite well) ... she is aggressive, yet co-dependent..."

ScorpioCrow

My mom has Lilith conjunct Ceres in Sagittarius in 3rd house, almost in 4th(!). We don't communicate very well, and likely never will.

Interpretation for Lilith in Sag from Astrologyinaction.com:
"Lilith is in her fall in Sagittarius. Lilith placed here makes unwise decisions and does not learn from mistakes. She is dedicated to her secret philosophies, and she judges harshly. This position denotes hypocrisy and lying... exploits her experience... she corrupts the young. As a mother, she gives no advice, keeping her children uneducated in the ways of the world. They must fend for themselves as she will never tell them. She lies to her children.

I however have it in Libra, so here's some criticism on my placement:
"Lilith in Libra expresses herself through another person. Relationships might somehow cause her to err, and her partner choice may cause much suffering... Her sweet persona is alluring. She's a real lady--flirtatious and charming. But, beneath the exterior lies a jealous angry lover. Lilith in Libra denotes divorce, as Lilith cannot remain subservient. Extramarital love affairs and violence are commonplace... There may be messy custody or legal battles concerning the children... (this describes my childhood quite well) ... she is aggressive, yet co-dependent..."