libra moon in 12th house

windwispers

a libran moon is described as having a very agreeable character, and an emotional need for partnership with others.
someone once described it as feeling like you always feel alone until you find your other half.
aside from libra moon having agreeable, fair characteristics when relating with others, i personally notice that it gives emotions a very see-saw effect. it always seems as if the scales are out of balanced, and that once they are fixed, something tends to knock them out of wack again...
libra moon can be happy, carefree, and stable one moment, and the next worriesome and pessimistic, which is always caused by that unstable feeling.
i've felt a bit unsatisfied with the standard depiction of libra moon, until i came across a description that explained that libra's need for balance and "recognizing both sides of the argument" can be played out even if the libran individual doesn't agree with the opposing view. for example you say po-tay-toe i say po-taa-toe, even though i may acually say po-tay-toe, i have to point out that others say po-taa-toe.
aside from my personal opinion that libra moon has a very up and down, almost bipolar effect on emotions, and sometimes opinions (this is my personal experience) what would it mean to also have it placed in the 12th house?
12th house description is so vague. mostly for me, it relates to the piscean attitudes of beingy dreamy, otherworldly, and dwelling inside the mind.
the thing is, 12th house is also related to self undoing, emotional withdrawment, social seclusion, mental institutes, etc.
my question is, would the combination of a libra moon and the 12th house set the tone for mental issues?
are there any others here with a libran moon in 12th?
what is your take on it?

Natasha

Libra moon often feels compelled to take the opposite point of view to the view held by everyone else even tho she may partly agree with the popular point of view.

Libra moon hates to have the other point of view not represented at all.

Also if Libra moon goes into a party and everyone is being terribly nice & posh with false posh accents she may feel compelled to speak in her most uncultured accent.

She does not like to do what everyone else is doing if it is accepted without question and makes no sense why it is the only way

Dont forget Libra is an air sign and although Athena is not the strict ruler of Libra she certianly repesent the energy very strongly - note the law is presented by athena & the scales of justice.

Athenas justice is not so much just what is right but what is fair and impartial.

Also dont forget that Libra is opposed by Aries and out of all the polarities these two seem to most obviosly pick each other up.

Finally Libra can indeed archytype Venus and especially seen in the Libra Moon - she cant help up ensure she looks just right as she passes a mirror.
The venus glyph afterall is the hand mirror.

The paradox of Libra moon is that it cares very much what others think but at the same time wants to be impartial in how she carries it out.

Libra Moon also hates to be subjected to conflict. but she often needs to partake in rational conflict as its the very thing that can resolve emotional dis-harmony for her.

Also she may find herself in consciously creating conflict
- She needs to face some issue by not just smoothing it over & pretending there is no problem. She benefits from discussing the problem even tho it is likely to contain some conflict

Um Oh yes I have a Libra Moon btw - she is in the 11th but on the cusp of the 12th

As for a 12th house moon - often planets actually IN the 12th are hard to bring to consciousness - we often act from them in an unconscious way.

The 12th house represents our family dynasty history. There can be some link to past familal patterns or unresolved issues for those with a 12th house moon.

Its not just skeletons in the closet - it can be untapped gold as well which has been denied by the family for some reason.

Also sometimes there is a powerful female in previous generations who made it difficult for other family members to express their real moon.

Last edited:

sara31tx

windwispers said:
a libran moon is described as having a very agreeable character, and an emotional need for partnership with others.
someone once described it as feeling like you always feel alone until you find your other half.
aside from libra moon having agreeable, fair characteristics when relating with others, i personally notice that it gives emotions a very see-saw effect. it always seems as if the scales are out of balanced, and that once they are fixed, something tends to knock them out of wack again...
libra moon can be happy, carefree, and stable one moment, and the next worriesome and pessimistic, which is always caused by that unstable feeling.
i've felt a bit unsatisfied with the standard depiction of libra moon, until i came across a description that explained that libra's need for balance and "recognizing both sides of the argument" can be played out even if the libran individual doesn't agree with the opposing view. for example you say po-tay-toe i say po-taa-toe, even though i may acually say po-tay-toe, i have to point out that others say po-taa-toe.
aside from my personal opinion that libra moon has a very up and down, almost bipolar effect on emotions, and sometimes opinions (this is my personal experience) what would it mean to also have it placed in the 12th house?
12th house description is so vague. mostly for me, it relates to the piscean attitudes of beingy dreamy, otherworldly, and dwelling inside the mind.
the thing is, 12th house is also related to self undoing, emotional withdrawment, social seclusion, mental institutes, etc.
my question is, would the combination of a libra moon and the 12th house set the tone for mental issues?
are there any others here with a libran moon in 12th?
what is your take on it?
I have Libra Moon in the 12th House-my birth data is 3-17-76 10:33pm Houston, Texas if you want to compare

sara31tx

Natasha said:
Libra moon often feels compelled to take the opposite point of view to the view held by everyone else even tho she may partly agree with the popular point of view.

Libra moon hates to have the other point of view not represented at all.

Also if Libra moon goes into a party and everyone is being terribly nice & posh with false posh accents she may feel compelled to speak in her most uncultured accent.

She does not like to do what everyone else is doing if it is accepted without question and makes no sense why it is the only way

Dont forget Libra is an air sign and although Athena is not the strict ruler of Libra she certianly repesent the energy very strongly - note the law is presented by athena & the scales of justice.

Athenas justice is not so much just what is right but what is fair and impartial.

Also dont forget that Libra is opposed by Aries and out of all the polarities these two seem to most obviosly pick each other up.

Finally Libra can indeed archytype Venus and especially seen in the Libra Moon - she cant help up ensure she looks just right as she passes a mirror.
The venus glyph afterall is the hand mirror.

The paradox of Libra moon is that it cares very much what others think but at the same time wants to be impartial in how she carries it out.

Libra Moon also hates to be subjected to conflict. but she often needs to partake in rational conflict as its the very thing that can resolve emotional dis-harmony for her.

Also she may find herself in consciously creating conflict
- She needs to face some issue by not just smoothing it over & pretending there is no problem. She benefits from discussing the problem even tho it is likely to contain some conflict

Um Oh yes I have a Libra Moon btw - she is in the 11th but on the cusp of the 12th

As for a 12th house moon - often planets actually IN the 12th are hard to bring to consciousness - we often act from them in an unconscious way.

The 12th house represents our family dynasty history. There can be some link to past familal patterns or unresolved issues for those with a 12th house moon.

Its not just skeletons in the closet - it can be untapped gold as well which has been denied by the family for some reason.

Also sometimes there is a powerful female in previous generations who made it difficult for other family members to express their real moon.
Thats sounds just like me!!

Ross

I'm another Libra moon. In the 12th too.

I think that it's definitely linked with the family. It's also about a set of traps that can be made for yourself. Skeletons, yes.

These are undoubtably to become lessons hard learnt, I'm pretty sure of it.

Untapped Gold I look forward too!

I'm sure that the lessons make a good teacher in the long run. The arts are important too.

Above all, the relationship, and longing to feel whole. I feel that. I think that it's about being yourself. If you can... maybe not for a while yet for me.

The balance thing, yes, and trying to understand the other side of the balance, yes. Then you get to a stage where your own demands have to come in, and you have to balance that all out too. It's tricky.

There is a capacity for the Schizo, part of which could be misunderstandings, part of which could be being misunderstood. Drugs are certainly to be avoided. However, I like to think that the same should be applicable for most people.

The often overwhelming bit is the trail of synchronicities you might adhere to, or feel linked to. In fact it is true, about reaping and sewing.

Desire is the thing to watch. I am perhaps lucky, I have pluto in 12th House too. This apparently means I might be able to Sublimate desire into useful thing for others. I've not worked out how to do this yet, and ask anyone that might be reading if they can answer. How do you sublimate your desires into art? I'd love to know. That's perhaps where the gold mine really is for me. Pluto can however be unlucky, as it indicates a solitary existence too.

I'm also a number 11 if anyone can find truth in the numbers.

All the best,

Ross

Firstly, for a proper evaluation you should consider posting your chart with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here

Remember planet is modified by sign, where is house and how are the 'aspects'

So if moon was conj Saturn it would be emotional reserved cautious and less volatile. Moon conj Uranus would add, emotionally erratic, and conj jupiter would 'go over the top'

Furthermore, moon in 12th there will be a resentment of some sort towards mother. Whether it's a subconscious thing or recognised, maybe mother smother loved you or was emotionally unavailable and a gammit of stuff inbetween --

12th house planets/aspects
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/dkfArtTwelfthHouse.htm
http://www.gotohoroscope.com/houses-in-chart-12th.html
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoun...rmaHouse12.htm
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/inhouses-sun.html#Twelfth

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_dgtwehouse_e.htm
http://12th.tribe.net/thread/c160721f-6268-42d8-bf31-897977f99188
last one is moon in 12th --
Research threads on AW
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3173&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19818&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19818&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312&highlight=12th+house

AstrallyCharmes

The way it’s played out for me is multi faceted. For 1, I am very self-conscious and I do care what others think. I error on keeping the peace, something my Cap sun/ Sag Mars sometimes can overcome. Otherwise, there is a bit of resentment overlayed by huge love for my mother. I have also experienced the loss that is foretold by a 12th house moon through the separation from my mother. I was also separated from my father whose sign, Cancer is ruled by the moon and the sign of my 9th house( house that rules over fathers). On the positives, my libra moon makes me a good dancer/ performer with lots of Venusian grace. People love watching me dance, and I’m a pretty gal; although, with it being in my 12th is something I don’t operate on.

LindaElena_

Remember that the Moon also represents ''the mother'' or mother figure in your life. A 12th house moon often represents a mom who was not satisfied and frustrated in her life...especially in her need to express her most important partnership dynamics.
So...since we, unfortunately, often mimic the mother, whether or not we want to or even recognize we do, it's important to study your mom and the way you may or may not be identifying with her...and if that is what you want to really DO...and if not, find a way to work on that part of your life....because the moon represents your emotional ''mechanism'' and the way you do or do NOT communicate your feelings...
with a 12th house moon you may find it very hard to share your feelings...especially if your mom does not...or if she ''overshares''...and you feel like the mom sometimes...or feel your mom NEEDS a mom...
She may not have had a functional mom herself. So this type of thing goes back...into past generations.

Issues in relationships can make you feel unbalanced...especially if you do not feel free to express your feelings...for fear of hurting either yourself or the relationship...not wanting to ''rock the boat.'' Unfortunately, trying to NOT rock the boat....ROCKS the boat.
In the end, not expressing what you feel will sabotage any relationship....because if the ''other'' can't deal with your feelings, it means they are not interested enough in you. And it's a bad example...if you withhold, the other person will do so too...and visa versa.
LindaElena