Leo Moons ONLY Thread

waybread

I think it's a great moon sign. On a good day we are fun-loving, generous, and magnanimous.

On a bad day.... well, we benefit from down time in our dens to lick our wounds.

IleneK

Premium Member
I love my Leo Moon [no pun intended, you know, "love" my Leo Moon?]. But I do.
It is the brightest, shiniest, most supportive appreciative part of my chart, even being peregrine, between Mars and Saturn in the 12th, and squaring the Sun.

The best part of Leo Moon is not the appreciation I receive, which often is generous, but the heartfelt unfettered expression of appreciation that I have available to offer out into the world. It is free and easy flowing quite a bit of time. It is my natural, genuine fallback position. It is a joy and I am grateful!

Offering that appreciation inwardly, given Moon's condition, is my life work, awakening to the truth of our inherent goodness. It is joyous life work, even when it is not going so well...

leomoon

Years ago on another Astrology site, another Leo Moon person told me she believed most Leo Moon people she knew looked up to their mothers (moons)
as being bigger then life, like heroines in their life. I never forgot that because that is how I saw my mother although I wish now I had told her that. We had opposite personalities, she was a Sagittarius Sun sign and I a Capricorn and clashed often. My Venus is 1st decan of Sagittarius so I get my sense of humor from her for which I am grateful but it is square my moon. ....I became more quiet around her. She was very extroverted and excitable, but I did admire her very much and hope I took away a lot of her better traits. When she was a young girl, she told me her mom a Scorpio Sun use to tell her, "calm down don't yell or people won't like you" and she'd laugh and laugh over that one! :) They were more like best friends then mother and daughter. She was their oldest out of 4 daughters and took care of them all their lives, looking out for them if not living with them, then around the corner.
Anyone else and their moms?

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
You think to contain me to one thread? How very bold, David. I shall grow, expand, touch upon every part of this forum, the internet an all corners of existence. I shall become the bird sh'it in a deities eye, the wine stain on the shirt of divinity, the butt imprint on several galaxies. You cannot contain this Leo Moon. Oh no, this moon will roar like a drunken goat as reality trembles before me.

Mark my words, this thread cannot hold me!

3150-128-ricardo.png

leomoon

Not sure if I ever told this story before, but here goes. My brother in law (Aries Sun with Sag Moon 0 and ex bro in law who had married my husband's sister a Leo Sun (a quadruple Leo) Rising once asked me, They were breaking up after 20 years and 2 grown sons. He said, I know you have a Leo Moon (his wife was studying astrology too) but I just don't get it. How can that be? I said what is the question you don't get? He said "well, Bonnie will not answer the doorbell unless she has full makeup on, hair just perfect, fully dressed, etc but you go to the food store or even Caldors Dept. Store with curlers in your hair, etc. He honestly was confused.

I thought about it for only a second before answering this way. "Well, the way I see it, the Moon is about our emotions and the Sun is the personality. In her case she has a solid need to project her personality (Leo Rising too) in a certain way so that people perceive her as someone quite special but in my case I have nothing to prove except to myself. My emotions are already satisfied in that regard".

I don't recall the exact words because it was 40 years ago, but something akin to this. Made sense to me then and now. :unsure:

waybread

The moon is one's emotional nature, but it also symbolizes Mom, one's home, and one's relationship to food.

I think where you see a Leo sun or moon in the chart you will find a fair bit of pride. This isn't to say they are always proud of what they've done. It's more of a sense of having standards, whether met or unmet. Especially with the adjacent sign of Virgo involved, there may be perfectionism.

Oh, and drama queens and queens? Hello?

Thanks, Blaze. Perfect illustration of that.

blackbery

Intimidated?

Why so defensive?🤔
EVERY :moon:position has good/bad qualities
Just a friendly reminder that :moon::leo: LOVES to be the centre of attention & to always be aware of that
& retain some humility.
Nothing wrong with confidence but don't get too carried away w/how wonderful any :moon:position is;
She embodies our subconscious & many people aren't even conscious of how their emotions & feelings
play out in their interactions w/others.
:moon::leo: very common in charts of royalty; these people haven't a clue about the real world but live in a
charmed world where they are the kings & queens & everyone else is their 'servant' who caters to them.
How can people with such a high opinion of themselves deal with others on an equal playing field?
We need to evolve beyond our selfish egos; that's all I'm saying. 😺😺😺

waybread

David, the peons do forget occasionally that Leos are royalty. No matter. We know who we are, even when incognito. ;)

I might just mention that in one strand of traditional astrology, the moon is the stronger "me" planet than the sun for a woman with a night birth.

blackbery

David, the peons do forget occasionally that Leos are royalty. No matter. We know who we are, even when incognito. ;)

I might just mention that in one strand of traditional astrology, the moon is the stronger "me" planet than the sun for a woman with a night birth.

Very strange.
We posted at EXACTLY the same moment, both talking about royalty.:oops::oops:
Maybe there's a lesson there to be learned for :moon::leo: peeps.

david starling

I read that ancient Romans went with the Moon sign instead of the Sun sign for
popular short-hand astrological personas. Moon sign astrology.

leomoon

Ha Ha Ha. Such assumptions made about others. I grew up in a house for 18 years until I married my 1st husband that a friend in France a young man I met on an Astrology group asked me "what was it" he had never seen such a house before when I posted a photo of it to make a point.
The point was that Michael Jackson's childhood home wasn't so bad nor so poor after all. Mine took that prize.

The neighborhood was built up sometime near the Civil War and later (near the turn of the century) parts of it - so the bricks that were the walls would actually crumble in your hands. I think my husband said they were made from sand or called sand bricks. He restored the entire front wall of my mom's home for her.
It was the back of the house I posted the photo of and of course he being born in the 80s had never seen such a thing before and didn't know what to make of it.

What my mother though was so funny and often told others was in grade school when the nun asked the children what their parents did for a living I said, "my father drove a taxi and my mother played the horses" (she loved that one) and the tears flowed as she laughed so hard.

I didn't mind, I always knew we were very poor, but my mother never made us feel that way, we always had everything we wanted pretty much. Nice clothes were a must for her. A child of the Great Depression she insisted we have all new clothes every September when school started., and our shoes had to fit exactly whereas other people bought kids shoes they could "grow into", not my mother. She was quite a rare person in that she thought credit cards (which were new then) were the best invention because they allowed you to borrow and pay later and live a decent life you'd not be able to otherwise. IF I ever showed any signs of being "uppity", it was only in insisting to my father (a Virgo Sun ) when he'd say, "we live in an alley", I'd respond - "YOU may live in an alley, but I live on a street". I never felt "less-then" as my husband use to feel in his nicer neighborhood because he and his sister never went to Disneyland. I knew never to ask, it simply wasn't in the cards for us. At least he did have a summer vacation now and then with his parents I'd tell him. :unsure:

Mom was poor but extremely generous and would simply give them away instead as soon as we outgrew them. She recounted the horror of the Great Depression and the embarrassment of having 2 shoes which were both right or both left as the church charity had given them once. When she died, her closet held unopened brand new boxes of shoes she bought online I donated about 4 boxes. She was like Gone with the Wind, and vowed she'd never run out of shoes again.

So the message is, never make assumptions about people and their backgrounds.

p.s. When we moved to the west, we took my frail mother with us. We sold that house for $15,000. and 3 years later or so someone bought it, renovated it and sold it for 1/4 million because of it's proximity to D.C. and the Inner Harbor.

One trait that Leos SHOULD have is a propensity for helping and taking up for the underdogs in life, and I know I do this all the time.:oops:

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
aslan-creator-james-r-c-martin.jpg

Aslan became my favorite character in the Chronicles of Narnia series, that I read with my youngest niece some years ago. In the story, he's actually an incarnation of Jesus Christ, a figure that I don't worship, but whose messages are quite beautiful at times. The character had me thinking about Leo and it's ruler the Sun (or the Son?).

That aside, I think the series is great for children.