Ketu Conjunctions and Nakshtras - Does Ketu pull conjunct planets into its Nakshtra?

Crazylady

It seems to me that when you see ketu conjunct another planet in neighboring Nakshtras, the planet expresses more of the characteristics of ketu’s Nakshtra than it’s own. Is this something anyone else has noticed? Or is there another explanation I’m missing? For example, if the native has moon in Purva Badrapada and ketu in Uttera Badrapada, can moon act more like Uttera Badrapada? Or maybe Ketu is acting like a moon in Uttera Badrapada?
In my own case, I have Sun in Purvashada and Ketu in Moola. I identify more with Moola than Purvashada. But It could be just the nature of sun-ketu in the 12th.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

It seems to me that when you see ketu conjunct another planet in neighboring Nakshtras, the planet expresses more of the characteristics of ketu’s Nakshtra than it’s own. Is this something anyone else has noticed? Or is there another explanation I’m missing? For example, if the native has moon in Purva Badrapada and ketu in Uttera Badrapada, can moon act more like Uttera Badrapada? Or maybe Ketu is acting like a moon in Uttera Badrapada?
In my own case, I have Sun in Purvashada and Ketu in Moola. I identify more with Moola than Purvashada. But It could be just the nature of sun-ketu in the 12th.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

No. Ketu / Sun will have their respective nakshatra lords as their micro rulers (primary rulers as sign lords). If they are Conj in signs - they may have effects for conjunctions (depending upon applying / separating; orb etc). Placement of their sign ruler Jupiter will have impact too.

Crazylady

Okay, so maybe I answered my own question. When Ketu is conjunct the moon, it acts like the moon. So maybe my real question is what happens to the moon. Does the moon still give influence? It seems like maybe it doesn’t. Maybe it doesn’t because it is eclipsed. I would love to hear any opinions. Thanks!!

Crazylady

No. Ketu / Sun will have their respective nakshatra lords as their micro rulers (primary rulers as sign lords). If they are Conj in signs - they may have effects for conjunctions (depending upon applying / separating; orb etc). Placement of their sign ruler Jupiter will have impact too.
Thank you so much for your response!! I don’t know why I wasn’t seeing your response earlier. This makes sense. So, ketu can just seem like the moon because of the conjunction, but this is an illusion. Would that be accurate to say?

Is it Sun Conj Ketu or Moon Conj Ketu in Sagittarius?

Fundamentally - planets in conj do influence each other; so is it for sign / nakshatra dispositors. Closer the orb - higher the influence.

Going by stellar astrology - (for example) - if Ketu in Sun star in 5th house of Sag (i.e. Leo Ascendant) - Ketu will give the results of Sun ( 1st house / 5th house - lordship of 1st house and placement in 5th house) along with its own placement (i.e 5th house). Of course - resultant will depend upon its functional role for the lagna.

In practice - Ketu conj exalted / own sign occupied planet - increases the power of such conj planet.

Crazylady

Is it Sun Conj Ketu or Moon Conj Ketu in Sagittarius?

Fundamentally - planets in conj do influence each other; so is it for sign / nakshatra dispositors. Closer the orb - higher the influence.

Going by stellar astrology - (for example) - if Ketu in Sun star in 5th house of Sag (i.e. Leo Ascendant) - Ketu will give the results of Sun ( 1st house / 5th house - lordship of 1st house and placement in 5th house) along with its own placement (i.e 5th house). Of course - resultant will depend upon its functional role for the lagna.

In practice - Ketu conj exalted / own sign occupied planet - increases the power of such conj planet.

For me, it’s sun conjunct ketu in the 12th in Sagittarius. I am wondering about a friend with moon in 10th house Aquarius within a 5 degree orb on ketu in Pisces. I struggle so much to get a feel for how ketu operates. It’s so elusive.
I have several friends and family members with prominent ketu. I can’t ever seem to get a grasp of it. I appreciate your explanation so much!