Jupiter and luck

Afuasama

Re: Jupiter and luck - Luck is when preparation meets opportunity

I have Jupiter on the asc in leo, its also my ruler being a sag, sun in 5th house.(16.12.66 18:47 gmt london) - Its interesting what you're all saying here.

I think Jupiter can be seen as lucky, however as someone once told me 100 years ago, luck is when preparation meets opportunity...and that has certainly been my experience.

Now, having had Jupiter on my sun last year, and previously, I would say yes had some lucky things happen in terms of money ( funding for projects and had a baby in September 06, very lucky as was unlucky first time round). However, Jupiter expands everything including all the stressful aspects of your chart and your life...its seemed to exaggerate all the small problems too in my experience.

Love Jupiter though and it was better in Sagittarius! now going into Capricorn with Pluto I was thinking today oh no its it all going to be so serious in the world! We do have a lot to be serious about on this planet of course, its in a mess as you all know, however, Capricorn countries ( I live in one the UK) I wonder how they will do? does anyone have a good grasp of country transits???

On another note: Jupiter in Capricorn is on my venus, ( 6th house) well was in January (venus in cap 3) but haven't noticed a single thing actually!!!, having split up with my double gemini partner last year ( his moon being hit by Pluto opposition most of the time) ....I think mars being retrograde and now mercury retrograde they somehow take over the full benefit of Jupiter who is trying to find a way probably, to deal with the 'not every day is a party day', Capricorn!!!

Anybody early Capricorn notice a difference with Jupiter transiting their sun, moon or venus?

Afuasama

Nexus7

I should think that luck of course depends on meeting it half way, actually doing the labour and so on. There is the Jupiterian who hopes to keep hitting the jackpot, but never does and in fact if you must be a gambler, then probably, Saturn would be your planet of luck, because then there would be the ability to know when to stop.

I once watched a programme about Las Vegas in Whicker's world, which also featured an individual who described himself as a 'professional poker player.' He appeared to be successful at it, but in that case, maybe a strong Mercury or Pluto was responsible for his luck. Being able to read the body language of others, whilst remaining inscrutable yourself.

I did once know someone who did gamble a lot and I do happen to know that he had a Jupiter/Saturn opposition, something Liz Greene noticed with gamblers. He tended to lose more often than win, too.

I have also come across no end of sad tales of individuals who did get the Big One with the lottery and so on, but in fact this has actually been disastrous for these people. They could not cope with the huge changes this made to their lives.

Maybe luck can depend on assertivenss skills too, who would ever want to be the industrious little mouse nobody ever notices because he or she never speaks up and asks for a rise. Exploitation is what the hard-working little mouse might just get there as a reward, otherwise.

It probably depends on meeting what the Great Masses want halfway too, no good slaving away making exquisite green shoes, when the Big Powers that Be have already decided in advance that pink shoes are to be In. That is where certain kinds of creativity really are a gamble, because then the risk of it all falling on stony ground is huge.

A couple of people have also suggested to me recently that getting lucky does tend to depend on 'who you know,' and that this can involve a lot of, well, being nice to people in settings that you might otherwise might have little time for. Put that way, maybe getting 'lucky' there might be going to more trouble than it is worth......

Charm

I have Jupiter in Taurus in House 7. I also have a 2nd house stellium of Mars, Merc, and SUn in Cap. Every time Taurus season comes, I usually get a large sum of money. It is definitely true. Only thing with Jup in Taurus squaring my moon is I emotionally eat! So that has been a struggle. I am a wonderful singer and love poetry, which is also supposed to be a jupiter in taurus phenom. Anyways, I'm not married, but I am definitely attracted to foreigners and will more than likely marry one (Jup in 7 house). Anyways!! Hope this helps. I have a Cap sun so I am enjoying this nice Jupiter conjunction.

memento mori

i also have Jupiter in Taurus, in house II though. It's opposing my venus in house VII so I definitly don't know when to stop in pretty much everything. mine is retrograde so I dont think it kicks in as often.... and it's almost never brought me cash. and it's in the 2nd house... that makes no sence to me.

but kudos charm, that oughta be nice

autumnleaf

Hey Charm, I think you and I discussed this briefly in another thread.

My Jup is in H12. Let's look at this in a funny way....A few years back, I was lucky enough not to have been granted admission to one of our world's finest institutions.....JAIL!!! lol

Moulin

VERY interesting Charm. I too have Jupiter in 7th in Leo. I have always had foreign boyfriends and both my marriages were to foreigners ! Jupiter actually trines sun/mercury conjunct in Taurus and l also seem to be belssed with money coming to me when l need it. Jupiter also trines my saturn/nnode/venus/moon stellium.

In fact Jupiter is in aspect to everything in my chart LOL :D

Charm said:
I have Jupiter in Taurus in House 7. I also have a 2nd house stellium of Mars, Merc, and SUn in Cap. Every time Taurus season comes, I usually get a large sum of money. It is definitely true. Only thing with Jup in Taurus squaring my moon is I emotionally eat! So that has been a struggle. I am a wonderful singer and love poetry, which is also supposed to be a jupiter in taurus phenom. Anyways, I'm not married, but I am definitely attracted to foreigners and will more than likely marry one (Jup in 7 house). Anyways!! Hope this helps. I have a Cap sun so I am enjoying this nice Jupiter conjunction.

sethi

Kingsley, my Jupiter is in Pisces/8th house, so that should be good for me. Tax refunds are pretty much inevitable:rolleyes: I have managed to dodge some dangerous situations,so that could also be where my luck comes in. I am also thinking a shift in perspective-a transformation-could also bring luck. I don't think an inheritance is in the cards though.

hello

jupiter even in virgo in the 8th sometimes means that people help you. You get help from people. the 8th represents also your taxes too, so jupiter there is helping you. without seeing your whole horoscope it is difficult to say but i still think you may get some lottery / etc if not an inheritance
bye for now
sethi
________
Vaporizer Affiliates

Last edited:

tanamarios

i have jupiter in taurus in my eighth house , making a trine with Asc. trine with Mercury , square with Venus & Saturn and sextile Moon.i receive a lot of material benefits while to be careful with overoptimism.

tanamarios

Jupiter is lucky with me. i can give some experiences. In Jan 2006 , when Jupiter transits my H2 in Scorpio , i receive a job offer and in May 8th 2006 , i went to work. In summer 2007 , when Jupiter is about to make a conjunction with Sag Mars , the job changed from 8 to 5 , to a shift system , increasing $500 biweekly. In Oct. 2008 , when Capricorn Jupiter conjoins natal Mercury , i receive a bonification of $1750.00 and in November and December last year , when transiting Aquarius Jupiter conjunct natal Venus , i began to work double shifts increasing my paycheck.

kanshu

Jupiter connected to Neptune is a long-term indicator of luck. It's called the "millionaire's aspect". I read about it in Celeste Teal's book, Predicting Events with Astrology.

sethi

Hello 4-clover! Fleeting are fast transits (like Moon, Sun,Mercury, Venus and Mars, longlasting are heavy transits (like Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto.)
I think that progressed places of Venus and Jupiter could positively influence any part of life but only when they make good aspects, otherwise you will get overexpenditure, excesses of all sorts.
Should Venus be in your 5th but receives difficult aspects, then a positive transit (aspect) of Jupiter or Venus to your natal, could maybe make things temporarily a bit easier. The Jupiter one will last longer, especially if Jupiter goes retro in that same period.

Is Venus well aspected in your 5th, then a positive transit or aspect from a benefic planet will make things even better. A less fortunate planet could make the nice position of Venus temporarily less fortunate and to a difficult natal Venus, even more so.

Cheers, Starlink

I don't understand. When you progress your chart, even the ascendant changes. Now how to intrepret that. Suppose jupiter in natal is in 7th house at 22 degrees. After progression, it becomes 26 degrees, and in the same house. So now are we supposed to match the progressed jupiter with the current transits? and define the progressed jupiter comparing with other planets who are also progressed.
Some enlightment would be appreciated

Basically i would like to know how to intrepret the progressed chart.

And thanks

Sethi
________
MERCEDES-BENZ HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINES HISTORY

Last edited:

Vardigon

I think of Jupiter transiting the 5th as good luck and could be triggered when it makes aspect to a personal planet whilst in the 5th

Long term positive outcome often comes after a Saturn transit if we 'do the hard work' during the transit Saturn will bring the rewards.

I've noticed something like this. It seems like every 8th year of my life something good happens, like freedom from some prison that has developed over the last 7 years before it.

Kerrie

Jupiter has caused chaos for me lately. Overabundance of everything that is possible.

My chart is pretty much Pisces, I have Mars/Sun/Mercury in Pisces, with aspects going everywhere.

When T Jup hit Mars I had energy - started swimming! On the lead up to my Sun a week ago I have many many bills show up all at once. T Jupiter is currently transiting my Sun and I think... I will be offered a job in the next week after going for 4 interviews yesterday (not the same company), I was exhausted. The day before I have the police turn up to my house 3 times, I was exhausted then too. All this hardly happens once let alone this many times in one day. My life is out of control at the moment, lol.

T Mars is currently turning on my N Jupiter at 29Can so maybe all of these bang bang bangs are going off. :surprised:

I was thinking of working with this overabundance of energy and directing it into something that is useful for me... like money I really need some and am waiting on the huge amount of money I should be receiving. What else can life throw at me until Jupiter moves out of Pisces.

As my bday is today, I have Jupiter conjunct Sun and Mars conjunct Jupiter for the next year, I am exhausted thinking about it. It will be interesting to see what this year brings, hopefully some money to buy myself some pavlova :biggrin:.

sethi

Jupiter has caused chaos for me lately. Overabundance of everything that is possible.

My chart is pretty much Pisces, I have Mars/Sun/Mercury in Pisces, with aspects going everywhere.

When T Jup hit Mars I had energy - started swimming! On the lead up to my Sun a week ago I have many many bills show up all at once. T Jupiter is currently transiting my Sun and I think... I will be offered a job in the next week after going for 4 interviews yesterday (not the same company), I was exhausted. The day before I have the police turn up to my house 3 times, I was exhausted then too. All this hardly happens once let alone this many times in one day. My life is out of control at the moment, lol.

T Mars is currently turning on my N Jupiter at 29Can so maybe all of these bang bang bangs are going off. :surprised:

I was thinking of working with this overabundance of energy and directing it into something that is useful for me... like money I really need some and am waiting on the huge amount of money I should be receiving. What else can life throw at me until Jupiter moves out of Pisces.

As my bday is today, I have Jupiter conjunct Sun and Mars conjunct Jupiter for the next year, I am exhausted thinking about it. It will be interesting to see what this year brings, hopefully some money to buy myself some pavlova :biggrin:.

hello kerrie

how are you?

I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you. The last time you had saturn return , I think.
Anyways, do you have a question, please post your chart here and i will check up on it, if you would like me to.

bye for now

sethi
________
Mazda L Platform Picture

Last edited:

Kerrie

Hi Sethi thanks for your reply. I will send your an email as I dont want to overtake the thread. Yes it would have been my Saturn Return :)

tanamarios

Jupiter connected to Neptune is a long-term indicator of luck. It's called the "millionaire's aspect". I read about it in Celeste Teal's book, Predicting Events with Astrology.

Jupiter aspect with Neptune could means that you have faith that you'll be rich that you'll end up manifesting it.

Vagabondgirl

My Jupiter is in Aquarius making stupid squares to my mercury/pluto conjunction. And its trining my Gemini AC. I wonder if its related to me studying for a higher education. Ive always studied since I started school as a child and until now (at 24-25). I also studied abroad as teenager, and Im studtying abroad now aswell. Wonder if its related?

I have sagittarius on my DC cusp. My boyfriend is from a different country than me.

Vagabondgirl

Congrats with the job!

I also got a new job today, but jupiter is only squaring uranus (7th house) and chiron (1st house). But I see that transit venus is opposing my sun exactly and transit NN is exactly conjuncting my MC. Natural Sun squares MC. So not sure what it means:lol: